Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is the first of what I hope will be several reports - for Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and anywhere else in Thailand.

This report is for Sunee Plaza's Winner go-go bar, sent to me by E-mail from a totally reliable source who prefers to remain anonymous:
Excellent re-opening nite! 11 dancers, 20+ customers. All couch seats filled. No masks for dancers nor customers. No checking for vaccinations. Music at low level.
Trongpai

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Trongpai »

Fresh Boys, Bangkok, last night 1 June 2022. 25 boys on stage all in new white skimpy underwear provided by Fresh boys. Customers come and go but there were about 15 at the start of the show. Two groups of big spender customers with open bottles. The show was all same-same routines with now 5 in the big cock presentations. Music on the loud side. Drink/entry price 350 per drink across all Bangkok bars now.

Hotmale for some reason unknown still had boys on stage in jeans, as did Jupiter and Moonlight. They had less customers too. The New Twilight bar still only open on weekends.

Nature Boys and Golden Cock remain closed.

Silom soi 4 was alive and jumping kicking off Pride Month.

PP2 and the area around was more quiet then I expected for the eve of the reopening. Perhaps this weekend will be different.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:42 am Fresh Boys, Bangkok, last night 1 June 2022. 25 boys on stage all in new white skimpy underwear provided by Fresh boys.
Their skimpy white underwear used to look good and it's pleasing to hear they continue to use it.
This bar used to have a lot of skinny twinks, but when I briefly popped my head around the door a few months ago, not only did they have jeans, but the boys were disappointingly large.
What type of boys do they have now ?
Trongpai wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:42 am Hotmale for some reason unknown still had boys on stage in jeans, as did Jupiter and Moonlight. They had less customers too.
Less customers is exactly what they deserve with the dress code.
Admittedly, I'm not a customer of these bars anyway, due to the wrong kind of boy for my tastes.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:13 pm What type of boys do they have now ?
Mostly non fem twinks but not exclusively. The big cock show boys and sex show guys were more on the masculine side with one curious exception of this small very thin twink with a small one hand bubble ass and a huge slong, two hander! It seems to be an almost completely a new line up of boys from last month. A few I asked for that I know by name were either off'ed already or just not here. Come back tomorrow and they will be here, sure. Several were from Cambodia and Lao. The door staff and some waiters are Vietnamese.

Actually, Hotmale has a few twinks types from time to time. The hotmale outside bar upstairs and down have a few twinks. Moonlight, Jupiter, Tawan, and I'm guessing The New Twilight are poochai model types.

I noticed last night a few cute twink type boys at the Banana host/music bar on soi 4, that was new!

One other I forgot to mention, Screw Boys remained closed. When and if Screw Boys reopens it will cut into the customer base of Fresh. I seldom go into Screw Boys because it's a cauldron of smoke. Last night at Fresh Boys either no one was smoking or the policy on smoking was changed. I noticed that boys who smoke were going outside in the balcony area. I wondered if one or both of the big spenders smoked would they be offered an ash tray, I suspect they would be accommodated.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:17 pm Mostly non fem twinks but not exclusively. The big cock show boys and sex show guys were more on the masculine side with one curious exception of this small very thin twink with a small one hand bubble ass and a huge slong, two hander! It seems to be an almost completely a new line up of boys from last month. A few I asked for that I know by name were either off'ed already or just not here. Come back tomorrow and they will be here, sure.
Good to hear the twinks are back.

I've never quite understood why in all gogo bars, including the twink bars, the shows change to more "masculine" boys and often lady boys (even worse).
As a customer who looks for the twink bars, I'd be very happy if the "show" mainly involved the twinks taking their white undies off and dancing on stage. Preferably with the lighting turned up, as normal.

What am I missing ?
Is there any reason why the people who choose the twink bars might want to see a different type of boy in the show ?

I've always preferred Fresh Boys to Screw Boys. Fresh Boys has more skimpy underwear and a better choice of skinny boys, who are less likely to be defaced with tattoos. It's been the best gogo in Thailand in recent years. Although when the show starts, I quickly get bored and leave.
Trongpai wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:17 pmSeveral were from Cambodia and Lao. The door staff and some waiters are Vietnamese.
Why do you think they have this demarcation ?
My presumption is the Khmer and Laos guys are happy to provide the usual range of services in the bedroom, so work on stage. The Vietnamese are sometimes more limited in what they will do for money.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In Pattaya now we know Sunee Plaza's Winner bar opened June 1. What about the other Pattaya go-go bars? Is Winner the only gay go-go bar that opened in all of Pattaya?

Trongpai provided us with excellent Bangkok information, for which I know many are grateful.

And how about Chiang Mai and Phuket? Any information about either of those?

After such a long wait, it seems like quite a tepid opening night to me. I hope we'll soon be hearing about more and more go-go bars opening.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:45 pmIs Winner the only gay go-go bar that opened in all of Pattaya?
Summarizing what I have read......

Winner: Opened 8-)
Nice Boys: Has been open for months, but had boys in Jeans. The question is have they dropped the jeans ? (And will the upstairs bar in the Tom Yum location ever open, or have they given up that idea ? There was certainly building work going on, as the old Tom Yum entrance was changed from external to via the old Forest House premises, but then it ground to a halt)
Toy boys: Reported open on another forum 8-)
Boys Boys Boys, Dream Boys, A Bomb & X-Boys - Think I've read about limited opening already. Again the question is do they now have a full gogo service ?

As far as I know, that's the full list (7 bars), as Cupidol is understood to have closed permanently.
Out of the 7 bars, I look forward to visiting 2 on the next trip -Winner Boys and Toy Boys.
If I'm lucky Dream Boys might just have some cute lads, but it's traditionally a bit hit & miss. I'll definitely have a look.

If there are no tourists in town, maybe one of the expats might like to do a field study ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am hearing, but have not verified, that several of the Boyztown go-go bars are open. I have not been there to personally check.

From what I understand, some of the go-go bars have been open for a while already - shirtless boys in jeans - somehow taking advantage of being able to use the restaurant loophole.

From what I am reading, the powers-that-be are paying much more attention to trying to prevent Monkey Pox than worrying about what the bars are up to.

I have been saying all along - there is a big difference between the bars can reopen and how many bars will reopen. My guess is some are waiting to see which way the wind blows before making decisions about opening. Not much point in reopening if there simply are not enough customers to at least break even.

If anyone can provide information, specifically which go-go bars are open, how many boys, what they are wearing, drink prices, and off fees, please let us know.

Here are Barry Kenyon's observations:

Pattaya’s nightlife is rebounding but most gogos remain closed

By Barry Kenyon

June 3, 2022

Since June 1, the government’s Covid instructions allow Pattaya’s gogo bars and airconditioned gentleman’s lounges to unlock their doors. But many seem to have ignored the legal change or decided to tone down their entertainment to remain as “restaurants”. Walking Street, even in mid-week, is humming but the busiest venues are interactive and live music-discos such as 808 and Stones. A newcomer Cavalli specifically attracts Indians and replaces the nearby Nashaa club which mysteriously burned down last year.

But some once-famous gogos such as Miami are still closed and do not appear to be under renovation with their for rent notices fluttering in the wind. One or two have already been demolished by bulldozers. Others, previously converted into restaurants, seem happier to remain as they were before June 1: bars and clubs which allow staff to socialize with customers but avoid the gogo stereotypes. Ning Charoen, who has worked in Walking Street for 10 years, said, “Many of us think gogos aren’t worth the trouble until the midnight ban on booze sales is ended.”

Sexy Soi Six, Soi L.K.Metro and the area of Tree Town in Soi Buakhao are the other busy areas after dark, but there are no distinct differences since the so-called liberalization. Many are open bars and staffed by ladies in skimpy dresses doing their best to recruit customers. But there are not many premises actually promoting themselves as gogos. A manager told us that there is a registration procedure with the health authorities known as Thai Stop Covid2 Plus which is complicated. “People are waiting to see if health rules such as asking to see customers’ vaccination records are actually enforced.”

Over on Boyztown and at the Jomtien Complex, the gay scene is much the same story. The Complex has never housed gogo bars as the law forbids them in a “residential” area. Its 20 or so open bars and massage parlors were operating just as they did last month. Boyztown has reopened a couple of gogos but others in the area are still closed. Cabaret entertainment, on the other hand, is now available midweek and not only at weekends. Generally speaking, Pattaya nightlife across the spectrum is definitely rebounding, but that has nothing to do with the government’s much-publicized reopening on June 1. Not yet anyway.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... sed-400400
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I think the Winnerboys reopening June 1 was a big success. I went there around 7 pm to 8 pm, then back about 10 pm to closing. It was busy with customers. I would estimate 15+ boys. Everyone seemed to have a good time.
The One bar was open with a few customers and boys. Niceboys open with about 10 boys and doing ok. Sunee plaza bar open but seemed quiet. Euroboys and Diamond bars have been closed for some time. There has been talk about Rainbow bar reopening, but that has not happened.
So it looks like 4 bars still active in Sunee plaza and Diamond open occasionally.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I checked out all the 6 remaining boy agogos in Pattaya last night. Not BoyzBoyzBoyz since it has not been an agogo bar for years, but rather a showbar with dressed boys.

Winnerboys was going strong even day 2 after its reopening. I counted 12 boys and plenty of customers. Lively and the cute boys dancing on stage in underwear.

Niceboys also doing good. 10 boys, several customers. Shirtless boys, some in underwear and some in jeans which however were often pulled down. The boys here are not shy.
Drinks are 200 baht each. I think the price is ok regarding the "show" the boys put on.

Then I went on to the Boyztown agogos...

Toyboys reopened June 1. About 8 boys running around but went up on stage when I arrived. After buying drink boys either went out to sit on the outside patio or went to the sofas to look at their phones. I sat looking at an empty stage. Boys were shirtless in jeans. I miss the time when they used to be in only white underwear and barefeet.
Drinks are 240 baht.

A-bomb. Had a look through the door. Saw only 3-4 boys.

Dreamboys had 7-8 boys shirtless in jeans. Customer drink is 150 baht and boydrink is 250 baht. Off fee 500.

X-boys had 0 boys on stage and a handfull of boys sitting around so I didn't bother. From what I've heard drinks are 150 baht for customers.

I wont be rushing back to the Boyztown agogos but I enjoyed my stay in the two Sunee agogos.