Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

When Winner was not permitted to operate as a gogo last year, they often had outside seating.

At that time, the owner told me they intended to reopen as a gogo as soon as they are allowed to and it then takes a little while to get the boys back.

Whilst 5 boys is less than optimum, it's sufficient to get started, as long as they are the right type of boys.
If boy types are similar to those in the last 5 years, I'd rather go to Winner and see 5 boys than 10 boys in Nice Boys. Some people like the Winner Boys and some like the Nice Boys.

If Winner are not running as a gogo, I'd like to know what their logic is. Why would people go there ?

Given that there is now naff all in Sunee, the only reason to go there is if they offer something different to Jomtien.
A host bar in Sunee now tends to be inferior to Jomtien, as in Jomtien you can watch what's going on across the road and up and down the street. In Sunee, there is nothing across the road, although you can entertain yourself counting the cockroaches scurrying along the dark streets.
So host bars are no reason to go to Sunee.

Bear in mind that some of the gay clientele are already booking accommodation in Jomtien, so they are not going to travel to Sunee to visit inferior host bars in a deserted area.
The gogo bars are something unique and not available in Jomtien. So that's what they need to operate to have a hope of attracting customers to Sunee.

If Nice Boys is still attracting customers, this shows people will happily pay 200 baht for drinks, as long as they have boys on stage.
So perhaps Winner need to pay enough to attract a few more boys and then put drink prices up to fund this ?
Boys first, then price increases when they arrive.

Thanks to bar closures, phone apps and Bangkok bars taking the mick by putting fully clothed boys on stage, my last off from a gogo bar was at Winner on 4-Feb-2021. Will there be another ?
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Last Sunday, 2200, walked past Nature Boy, which was 'open' but only Mamsan there. No guys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Adam’s Apple Chiangmai……Haven’t been in many years until now, it was at a time my favorite GoGo in Thailand. There is a sign outside saying for rent not hard to see why after seeing some of the show.
The boys all wore jeans there were maybe 12 all tattooed some flabby none young and if twinks are your thing none here. There were 3 tables with falangs with whiskey bottles and mixers there most of the boys spent their time….no loss indeed! 260 baht for a coke…ladyboy lipsink began this was my que to leave. Tomorrow shall try Circle Pub also a GoGo my expectations are very low but we shall see…..there had been another GoGo near Circle called New My Way I gather it is no more.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

billyhouston wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 pmLast Sunday, 2200, walked past Nature Boy, which was 'open' but only Mamsan there. No guys.
The boys are usually the incentive to enter and a mamasan is a deterrent. They have no hope.
In any case, Nature Boy is so small that it's only really viable if they have a really interesting offer. Once upon a time, having cute lads wearing little aprons and nothing else was an interesting offer.
Once they degraded the offer to boys in Jeans who are only interested in their phones, why would customers go in ?

Undaunted wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:48 pmthere had been another GoGo near Circle called New My Way I gather it is no more.
When I visited Chiang Mai in 2009, New My Way was quite a good gogo and I offed boys from there.
In January 2020, I wandered in when the drag show was on stage, so obviously I didn't stay. I checked what time the shows started and the next time, I wandered in 30 minutes before that, expecting to see boys on stage in underwear. The stage was empty and they had Asian customers entertaining themselves with their phones before the show. I was told they no longer had gogo boys and it's the show only. So again, I left, not hanging around to buy a drink.
The bar had ceased to be relevant and I don't care if it's open or closed.

Incidentally, getting back to Winner Boys, where I retain some hope....
Pre-covid, if arriving some time after 9:00 pm, sometimes the boys would skive off outside for a cigarette and abandon the stage. Particularly if the owner had already left and no one was left to crack the whip. Is there any chance this is what's happening now ? Or are they not running any gogo service at all at any time of night ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 am if the owner had already left and no one was left to crack the whip. Is there any chance this is what's happening now ?
These bar reports are exactly what I have been talking about and why I almost never bother with them anymore. If the bars are not going to do what it takes to attract customers, then I'd say they've sealed their own fates.

It goes beyond me that the Pattaya go-go bars have been able to reopen for months now and some were doing a decent job of it. But now, just when high season is about to begin and life might be restored to the bars, they let this kind of nonsense take place? And Undaunted's Chiang Mai report isn't exactly encouraging either.

Time for me to dig out my "I Don't Get It" list.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

It’s still better than the apps. At least you can see in person if you want to off a guy. And discuss what you want to do.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:20 am It’s still better than the apps. At least you can see in person if you want to off a guy. And discuss what you want to do.
My preference is just the opposite. I can discuss what I want to do on the apps and I am never disappointed with the boy who shows up - quite often even more attractive to me than the photos. And there is a much greater number of boys to choose from available on the apps.

Plus, I don't have to buy drinks I don't even want, don't have to pay off fees, don't have to listen to excessively loud music, and don't have to trek to the bars when I can arrange everything right from home.

Bars for you. Apps for me.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 am Pre-covid, if arriving some time after 9:00 pm, sometimes the boys would skive off outside for a cigarette and abandon the stage. Particularly if the owner had already left and no one was left to crack the whip. Is there any chance this is what's happening now ? Or are they not running any gogo service at all at any time of night ?
No, it's not related to that. It is because they feel that if they only have 3-5 boys then why bother with agogo. That however is what I still don't get since I and probably many more, would prefer 5 boys in underwear on a stage rather than 5 dressed boys sitting outside the bar.
And the Boyztown agogos are packed with boys and customers...

Sunee plaza is making itself irrelevant. Customers who want agogo go to Boyztown. Customers who want beerbars/hostbars go to Jomtien complex. Naughty, fun, reasonably priced, undressed, agogos was what made Sunee special.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:05 pmSunee plaza is making itself irrelevant.
That's certainly the case. With no life out in the soi, the open air bars are no reason to visit.
Sunee now lacks scale. Therefore, to get visitors, the few bars that are open need to offer something that Jomtien or Boyztown lack.
For example, good gogo bars.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

There is little reason if any to visit either GoGo in Sunee frankly, I don’t think they are long for this world.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"