If face mask rules are rescinded within the next few months, what will YOU do?

Anything and everything about Thailand

If the face mask rules are ended in Thailand,what will YOU do? Feel free to comment on your response

Poll ended at Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:47 pm

I will stop wearing the face mask
29%
I will continue wearing the face mask
71%

Total votes: 7

Gaybutton

If face mask rules are rescinded within the next few months, what will YOU do?

Post by Gaybutton »

A recent survey showed most Thais said they would continue wearing the face masks, at least for the time being, even if the rules are rescinded.

What would YOU do in Thailand?

For me, I would continue wearing the face mask because I don't feel safe about stopping just yet, rules or not.
Jun

Re: If face mask rules are rescinded within the next few months, what will YOU do?

Post by Jun »

Back in March 2020, I was wearing a mask in the UK, even when our so-called "experts" were saying there is no benefit. I'd noticed that experts in Asia had a different view & common sense suggested it ought to help. Eventually trial results were published showing the person wearing an FFP3 mask gets a very substantial reduction in the probability of catching covid. No surprise at all.

However, that was pre-vaccine.

I've now had 2 doses of Astra Zeneca, followed by 2 doses of Pfizer (one in Thailand). That dramatically improves my odds, so the probability of me dying or getting severe covid is now negligible. Also if I live for as long as expected for someone of my age, I'm almost certain to get covid at some point. So a little exposure to the virus now might be a good thing, shortly after I've had an mRNA vaccine.

Therefore, I now only wear a mask when I have to. So in the UK, that's never.

The only exception would be if I were travelling to Thailand, or somewhere else with a covid test and potential quarantine. I would wear a mask in the few days before that, purely because failing a test would be very inconvenient.
Once the testing is completed, I would only wear a mask where I have to AND where the locals are wearing them.
So in Thailand, at bars, cafes & restaurants, that's never. Everywhere else, a mask was needed, so I wore one.
When they relax the rules, I will take advantage & stop wearing the mask.
Undaunted

Re: If face mask rules are rescinded within the next few months, what will YOU do?

Post by Undaunted »

I only will wear a mask in a space where it is required if and when it is no longer mandated.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"