Presenting - A new disease - Now it's Monkeypox

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Presenting - A new disease - Now it's Monkeypox

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:04 pm Karma comes back to bite me after my previous post.
Seems like your best chance of avoiding the flu is to take all the Covid prevention precautions and hope for the best. If that's the kind of reaction you get from the injection, it looks like all you're really doing is trading one illness for another.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am
Rocket wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:04 pm Karma comes back to bite me after my previous post.
Seems like your best chance of avoiding the flu is to take all the Covid prevention precautions and hope for the best. If that's the kind of reaction you get from the injection, it looks like all you're really doing is trading one illness for another.
Agree. I would certainly get the newest Covid booster over the flu shot. I’ll be more careful when I go to Thailand next month. Wearing a mask indoors and on baht bus.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:41 pm Wearing a mask indoors and on baht bus.
If I were you I would wear it everywhere. Every time you take it off your risk increases. Why take a risk that could ruin your holiday? Mandate or not, most Thais still wear the mask everywhere. So do I. And many places still won't let you enter unless you are wearing the mask.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:20 pmmost Thais still wear the mask everywhere
I therefore presume Thailand has 25 year olds wearing masks, but still not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle ?
Covid almost certainly isn't going to kill a healthy 25 year old. A motorcycle accident could & frequently does.

If they are wearing a decent mask, the average Thai probably gets more benefit from the mask keeping out particulate pollution than covid.

I understand people who are a couple of decades into their retirement being more careful about covid. Which may include some board members.

However, it's incongruous for the average Thai to wear a mask, whilst taking no care about health and safety for all the established and proven ways of killing themselves.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:16 am However, it's incongruous for the average Thai to wear a mask, whilst taking no care about health and safety for all the established and proven ways of killing themselves.
You've been around long enough to see what I see every day - under age children, often many years under age, driving motorbikes, usually without a helmet. Parents driving motorbikes carrying infants and toddlers, but no helmets for them.

Only today the news reports 6 children drowned while swimming in flood waters - and I expect more by the time the flooding is over.

Even in that terrible fire in Sattahip, under age teens died or were severely burnt - and they had no business being in there in the first place.

Obvious question - Where are the parents? In far too many cases the only serious discipline and education they provide is getting their kids to send them money every month. That, they make sure their children learn . . .

Meanwhile, be that as it may, most Thais still wear the mask everywhere.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:46 amWhere are the parents?
The parents don't care about safety either.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:56 pm The parents don't care about safety either.
"What?!?!? Act responsibly, set rules and enforce them, and actually bother to supervise my children? Are you completely out of your mind? Surely you jest . . ."