Supertown Songkran Street Party

Anything and everything about Thailand
colmx

Re: Supertown Songkran Street Party

Post by colmx »

There is another street party in Jomtien complex tonight for Songkran, organized by the same 4 bars as above. I'm told it will get going around 5 or 6
aussie

Post by aussie »

Tuesday 19th and the last night of the Songkran street parties was a great success. No water splashing but plenty of powder was dispersed amongst the crowd and a lot of fun was had by all.

aussie

Post by aussie »

More photos from last night.

The morning after near Pattaya Park

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Again thank you very much aussie. Your photos are fantastic. Next best thing to being there. It looks like a great time was had by all, including the boys.

I wonder how many of the boys were still there by the end of the night and hadn't been taken off by a farang. My guess - not many . . .

Do you know when I will take down these photos? NEVER!

To quote The Emperor from 'Return of the Jedi' - "There it will stay."
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am always saying the bars need to do things to attract customers. If these photos are any indication, this set of street parties certainly attracted crowds of customers. I wouldn't recommend doing this sort of thing too often. If it becomes routine it also eventually becomes a bore. However, once in awhile would draw in the customers. I would leave it to the bars to decide how often, but events like this seem to be a good start. It shows if the bars cooperate with each other and plan properly, from where I sit it certainly looks like a good beginning and I hope they get together and plan more activities that can maintain the momentum, especially once the bars are officially allowed to reopen - as bars.

Keep up the good work bar owners. Don't let this be merely a flash in the pan.

If they do it right, it looks to me like Pattaya's gay scene stands a chance of making a comeback after all.

Just an observation - from these photos it appears virtually nobody was wearing the face mask and nobody gave a damn about social distancing. I hope that doesn't turn out to have been a mistake.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:34 pm I wouldn't recommend doing this sort of thing too often. If it becomes routine it also eventually becomes a bore.
It's good to see some life in Jomtien. I also agree that they shouldn't make it routine.

The streetshow in Boyztown was exactly that. I praised it when they started. However, once it was open almost every time we visited, with too many lady boy acts for my tastes and LOUD music, I quickly lost interest. There was the one amusing exception when someone flailing flaming sticks around had the end fly off and it was burning away under a table until the ice bucket was emptied on it.

The Jomtien party looks like it has more variety, more fun and a lower percentage of lady boys. The music volume seems good from about 5000 miles away.