Which bars are open?

Anything and everything about Thailand
pong

Re: Which bars are open?

Post by pong »

But well, jun, you are not Thai! As a rough general rule it is indeed true they are far more shy-educated that way-in public. Also it seems to me again that the nr of guys willing to do such a job is diminishing every year-as is in fact also the total nr of guys reaching 18.19.
(BTW-at least 1 step forward: after some 3 yrs now back in the UK for a short stay, in MAN and above me on TV are the BeeGees screaming (an hour ago Queen), in a Premier-Inn. MAN suddenly also has lots of skyscrapers in utmost modern style. In my local Thai info-blog I read that they now really plan to again reduce the pesky entry-rules for TH from 1/6 or maybe 1/5 to just 1 short screen-test after arrival and also make the paper/online work before to enter much simpler.

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

This jeans and shirtless trend was out there in some venues before the pandemic closings. I have asked managers that I've known to be honest and I get one of two answers: Thai and Asian preference and the single word, the police. The former is the more prevalent response.

If the police are restricting the dress code in Fresh Boys but allow full on nude sex shows that would make no sense. Also, I understand that Fresh Boys are owned by the police.

During my visit at Fresh Boys I noticed several farangs enter, take a few steps in and turn around and exit. I wonder why? Dress code, quality/type of boys, music too loud or something else. A good manager would find out why and report to the owner; however, that is not the Thai way and a good Thai manger only says "yes" to the boss.

I've noticed that the bars copy each other. One sets a price and the rest follow. One may have changed the dress code and the others followed.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:27 am
One may have changed the dress code and the others followed.
If they change the dress code again, three guesses what I would like the code to change to . . .

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:35 am

If they change the dress code again, three guesses what I would like the code to change to . . .
You were reading my mind...LOL

Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:27 am
During my visit at Fresh Boys I noticed several farangs enter, take a few steps in and turn around and exit. I wonder why? Dress code, quality/type of boys, music too loud or something else.
Since the music at Fresh Boys was at a reasonable level, my bet is dress code and/or type of boy not meeting expectations. Probably dress code if they leave before even having time to check all the boys on the stage.
Clearly I'm not the only one who makes the mistake of leaving without telling them why.
Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:35 am
Nude, naked or unclothed ?
I'd vote for that too.
Some of the girlie bars in Pattaya were offering such a dress code last year. On average, guys are less shy about getting their clothes off, so it shouldn't be that difficult ?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:17 pm
Nude, naked or unclothed ?
I'd vote for that too.
Actually that is not what I had in mind. For me, full nudity turns me off. While for many it is of primary importance, I couldn't care less about cock size. What I like is the boys wearing at least something - skimpy underwear being my preference.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:03 pm
Actually that is not what I had in mind. For me, full nudity turns me off. While for many it is of primary importance, I couldn't care less about cock size. What I like is the boys wearing at least something - skimpy underwear being my preference.
In the case of full nudity, I quite like the rear aspect.
My preference would be full nudity, with either a mirror behind in a single sided bar (as Kawaii boys used to have), or where there is seating on both sides of the stage, ask the boys to rotate periodically.
I've no interest at all in the Nice Boys model where they typically got their cocks out to play, whilst usually leaving the underwear covering the rear. Specializing in rough trade also doesn't help.

On my 2019-20 and 2020-21 trips, Fresh Boys got my vote for the best gogo bar in Bangkok & Pattaya, with thin white skimpy underwear, on cute twinks.

So it was very disappointing to see larger boys in Jeans in 2021-2.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:06 pm
So it was very disappointing to see larger boys in Jeans in 2021-2.
I'm with you on that. If I want to see shirtless boys in jeans, what do I need with a bar? I can go to a construction site and see the same thing - for free . . .

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Continuing with what's open in Bangkok: I was out and about last night 28 April 2022, a dark and light rainy night.

A walk over to Tawan bar at their new location across the soi revealed it was open, a sign said 'Special Show" 400B. I asked what was special and got any answer I wanted, show at 10:30. None of the usual massage venues were open on any of the side streets, only the two regular (sort of regular) large ones on Suriwong with mixed staff but I did notice a few cute ones. The new Twilight Bar was closed but the entrance looked nice. The new Nature Boys closed and Super A gone, sign and building repurposed. The Golden Cock sign gone but the building is still there with chairs piled up at the entrance.

The whole area was dark and mostly deserted with few people. PP2 was about 1/3 open to a few customers here and there. Three bars,Fresh , Hot Male and Dream Boys were open. All the bars now charge, inside 400B, 500 off. Outside bar, 150 and up.

I went into Hotmale at 2130. I was surprised to see around 20-25 boys on stage, a few weeks ago there were a lot less. All Thai and mostly new. They are on the more masculine side compared to Fresh but there was this one cute twink type that did a nice dance routine with an umbrella. Shirtless and in jeans but if you wait for the show you get to see many with no clothes. Show at 2300 with erotic dancing, no ladyboys and ending with an 9 man big cock show. During my stay there were around 10 customers inside and 5 or 6 outside, Thai and farang. Most of the Thais had open bottles.

A rainy week night is probably not the best conditions for an evaluation of the Bangkok scene.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:41 am
A rainy week night is probably not the best conditions for an evaluation of the Bangkok scene.
Perhaps not, but you and Jun are the only ones giving us Bangkok information and, rain or shine, both your and Jun's reports are always excellent, as is this one.