Pattaya Squid Festival April 29-May 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pla-muk - that's Thai for squid. Many of you probably know squid is a very popular food in Thailand.

By Pattaya Mail

March 19, 2022

Pattaya hopes to hook more Thai and foreign tourists with a Squid Festival April 29-May 1.

Mayor Sonthaya Kunplome and his deputies met with Kachondej Apichattrakul, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Pattaya office and Boonanan Pattanasin, president of the Pattaya Business & Tourism Association at Terminal 21 March 17, to discus and plan the fishy event.

The event will offer fresh seafood for sale and allow buyers to have their squid and other seafood cooked to eat there. A family zone will host diners with children.

Concerts throughout the two days will entertain guests, who can also shop for takeaway seafood sold by vendors from Lan Po Market.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... y-1-392783
Undaunted

Re: Pattaya Squid Festival April 29-May 1

Post by Undaunted »

I hope there are enough hotel rooms to accommodate all those foreigners rushing to Pattaya for the Squid Festival!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya Squid Festival April 29-May 1

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:01 pm I hope there are enough hotel rooms to accommodate all those foreigners
I hope there's enough squid to accommodate the hordes I'm expecting. Better get there very early to have a chance of finding a place to park. I think they'll have to put the traffic police on double duty to be able to handle the thousands of cars . . .