Advance Appointment at Immigration??

Anything and everything about Thailand
Daleinpattaya

Advance Appointment at Immigration??

Post by Daleinpattaya »

There is currently a shortish thread on THAIVISA/ASEAN NOW … pointing out that there is no point in making an advance e-appointment at Jomtien immigration … upon arrival simply told to join the queue with everybody else … does that seem to be the case with folks here?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1251656-jomt ... -web-site/
2lz2p

Re: Advance Appointment at Immigration??

Post by 2lz2p »

I have seen several reports that appointments made on the system are currently not being honored at Jomtien Immigration. Hopefully they will be sometime in the future.

Perhaps once the long lines disappear. The last day, if it is not extended, for those seeking COVID sixty day extensions is 25 March, which along with a working 90 day address reporting online system, may reduce the number of folks visiting the Immigration Office.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The appointment app is called QueQ. The app works, but in a weird way. First, as 2lz2p reports the appointment time is not honored. But for me, the fact that I had made an appointment at did work. When I did my last retirement visa extension I specified the date and time I wanted and what my appointment would be for. Then I clicked the button to submit it. Nothing happened. I figured maybe it somehow got submitted anyway.

I showed up at the appointed date and time, but I had to stand in line just like everyone else. I didn't make an issue of it for two reasons - one was the line was short anyway. The other was at immigration if you argue or make any kind of scene, then you also just made a BIG mistake.

The weird part is when I entered the building, the information desk already had all my information and forms to be filled in waiting for me, with my name already printed on it.

Don't ask me to try to figure it out. I'm not even going to try.

Meanwhile, it can't hurt anything to try the QueQ app. Who knows? Maybe for you it will work correctly.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:22 pm The weird part is when I entered the building, the information desk already had all my information and forms to be filled in waiting for me, with my name already printed on it.
Do you think this might work for the more mundane 30 day extensions that those of us who have not yet chosen to live in Thailand sometimes require ?

At Jomtien, it's lots of pfaffing around getting forms filled in, photo copied and a passport photo. Like a 1970s office process.

Compare with Hua Hin, where I just handed in the passport, went for a coffee and came back for about 10 minutes when my number was up on the queue board. (Immigration had an office in a shopping centre, with a coffee shop just outside).
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I can't locate the article or post where I got this, but it is my understanding it is the new site for making appointments at Jomtien Immigration and replaced the QueQ site. The link is:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calen ... /bookings/

But, as mentioned, Jomiten Immigration is not currently honoring online appointments.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:59 pm new site for making appointments at Jomtien Immigration
Thank you. I was not aware of this until your post.

As I said, it can't hurt to try, but at Pattaya immigration I wouldn't count on it.