Registering for Covid booster in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Registering for Covid booster in Pattaya

Post by Dodger »

Two dumb questions:

1) Can I get the booster at Royal Garden without the mor Prom App?

2) My 2 vaccinations were both Pfizer. The second jab was on Sept 18 (4 months ago). Will they give me a Pfizer booster now?

Thanks in advance.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I thought eligibility for boosters in Thailand was at 3 months after Astra Zeneca and 6 months after Pfizer. Announced a few weeks back.

However, these things continually change, so no harm in checking.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I recently got a Pfizer booster at Royal Garden Plaza but I had my last AZ 12 weeks prior. My MorProm still isn't working. I showed them the printout for my first two jabs. I got a printout from Pattaya City Hospital- can't print out at the Plaza - and scanned my three vac details into LINE. A good number of people are told when trying to start an app account, that information they are supplying is wrong. When I know it isn't.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:23 pm 1) Can I get the booster at Royal Garden without the mor Prom App?
Nothing dumb about your questions. When I went, the first thing they check is the Mor Prom app. If you don't have it or are having problems getting it to work, then I am guessing other forms of proof are acceptable, emphasis on acceptable. I have no idea who decides whether whatever you have is acceptable or not.

I would urge anyone who does not have the Mor Prom app to get it. If you are having problems getting it to work, then I would go to a hospital and try to get someone there to get it working properly for you. Perhaps up to now you haven't needed it, but sooner or later you will need it.

Don't screw around with this. Go and get it - and I mean RIGHT NOW.

What are you going to do, for example, if eventually immigration requires it - and I am convinced they will - and you don't have it or can't get it to work? Why do I think the following is the kind of reaction you would get from immigration?

"Your fault, my fault, nobody's fault - I won't be sympathetic. I won't be understanding."
- Richard Boone (John Fain), 'Big Jake'
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Thanks for the feedback...much appreciated.

GB...your point is well taken about getting the Mor Prom App. I've had my smart phone for years but don't have it connected to the internet. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I use my laptop exclusively for surfing the net, social media, e:mails, etc., and never bothered hooking my phone up.

That said, I imagine I could go to Tukcom and get another SIM which would provide internet access if I had to.

I do have a Vaccination Passport I picked up in Naklua shortly after getting my second jab. I thought this would suffice - but it sounds like I may be wrong.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:11 am I do have a Vaccination Passport I picked up in Naklua shortly after getting my second jab. I thought this would suffice
Again, just a guess on my part, but I think the Vaccination Passport might get you into restaurants and other restricted venues and it might be enough to get your booster, but in the long run I don't think it will be enough to satisfy immigration and possibly other things.

I could very well be the one who is wrong, but right or wrong I've got one thing you haven't got - a working Mor Prom app that contains all the required information. If I were you I wouldn't waste any time trying to get the same thing, whatever it takes to get it.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Mor Prom it is.

Thanks again.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Using mobile devices is becoming unavoidable.

Example:
To return to the UK, I only had to fill in one form. For proof of vaccination, that required a QR code. The QR code is only available on an app. The paper certificate is no use.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:22 am For proof of vaccination, that required a QR code. The QR code is only available on an app. The paper certificate is no use.
That is yet another reason why it is important to reasonably keep up with new technology that is being put in place universally. Many people are very resistant to it and, quite frankly, don't want to spend the money. Folks, if you don't have a smartphone, you need to get one. That is the current technology of today and you need it. Even a basic smartphone has far more computer power and technology than NASA had when they sent Neil Armstrong to the moon.

Many smartphones are expensive and have bells and whistles you don't really need. But the basic ones that do have what you really need are easily affordable to most and there are plenty of people out there who can help you get used to it, show you all the features, how they work, and how to use them.

Unfortunately you can't let yourself get left behind. Of course there are probably people who still use the rotary dial phone they bought in 1956 . . .

Dodger wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:16 am Mor Prom it is.
If you (or anyone else who does not yet have it) do manage to get Mor Prom working and containing all of your vaccination information, please let us know what you did and how you did it. There are probably others in the same situation.

Good luck. I hope you succeed.