Rainbow Road

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Rainbow Road

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:53 pm I'm guessing they made the decision, started work and then got some complaints ? Or would there be a legal issue ?
Whatever the reason, I'm not surprised. For me the surprise would have been if they had completed the work.

Maybe whoever did the undercoat work decided that's enough - and if the bars want a rainbow road, then get out there and paint it yourselves.

Of course, maybe they did complete it - with such inferior paint that by the end of the day it had already worn and washed away.

Which do you think would be likely to come first - immigration deciding to give us all a 50 year visa, and for free or completion of the rainbow road . . . ?
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I have never seen or heard of a “Rainbow Road” anywhere else in the world.

If they wanted to make it clear that it was a gay area why not put in a couple of rows of flagpoles and fly flags?

They could also fly some banners from the several overpass’ or from that awful tin awning.

Much more sensible than painting the flag onto the street for people to walk over. An insult in some countries!
Jun

Post by Jun »

I've never heard of it either. The best I could find was a rainbow path in Somerset.

traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

That takes me back to my school days over 60 years ago and an aid the teacher gave us to remember the colours of the rainbow
"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain"
Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue,Indigo,Violet.
I don't know why it should be easier to remember the historical saying but it worked for me
Jun

Post by Jun »

traveller123 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:13 am That takes me back to my school days over 60 years ago and an aid the teacher gave us to remember the colours of the rainbow
"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain"
Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue,Indigo,Violet.
The picture from Somerset is missing Indigo & Violet.
Here's an updated photo, but still with one colour missing.
The flag on the mobility scooter is also missing a colour.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Progress on the Rainbow Road.
I'm in favour of this, as it reduces the probability of anyone else trying a non-gay bar here.

GaySupertown

Post by GaySupertown »

Well, it's here and just in time for Gay Pride. The Main Street on Jomtien Supertown now sports a Rainbow Flag design.

Website www.Gaysupertown
Facebook https://web.facebook.com/groups/754483435894063
Twitter https://twitter.com/GaySupertown