Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Post by Dodger »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 am
I paid my 1650 baht yesterday at Jomtien Hospital … the young partner of BHP … for MODERNA … my booster after 2 AstraZeneca… my 3 month anniversary is 19 January … the nurse/clerk who served me could not tell me when my turn would come up … said I would get an SMS.
Dale, I'm contemplating going to Jomtien Hospital as you did for my booster. Knowing that you went there sometime in January, have you received your booster yet?

I don't mind paying the 1,600 baht...and Moderna is fine with me...I just don't want to schedule with them and end up waiting forever for the booster.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Good day,

I paid my 1650 on 8 January … Jomtien Hospital.

Got a message (don’t recall if LINE or SMS, but on my iPhone) to select a time and date in early February .

Selected and went in on 3 February. No crowds, extremely efficient. Waited 5-10 minutes then 30 minutes te ensure no after effects.

Now waiting to see what folks have to say about #4.

All the best.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't understand why you are doing it this way and paying 1650 for the privilege when instead you can go to Royal Garden (if they're still doing it), register, and get your booster choice of Moderna or Pfizer for free.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Dale: Thanks so much for your reply and the information you provided.

GB: I would prefer going to Royal Garden but my first 2 jabs were Pfizer, and from I understand (maybe incorrectly) they are not offering boosters from those who received Pfizer jabs yet. I'll double check on-line to see if they say anything.

Thanks for the feedback.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Maybe I missed it … but I have never seen reference to Moderna being free … after the first two AZ I chose to go with Moderna for #3 … mostly due to this from a friend who generally knows what he is talking about … "Because the protection from Moderna is greater than Pfizer, all which has been statistically proven. Moderna uses 100 mics of vaccine, while Pfizers uses 30 mics of vaccine. Moderna is 3 times as powerful, as Pfizer. Both are mRNA vaccines, but Moderna give better and longer protection."
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:46 pm I understand (maybe incorrectly) they are not offering boosters from those who received Pfizer jabs
I have no idea. I haven't heard anything like that. Let us know what you find out.

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:19 pm Maybe I missed it … but I have never seen reference to Moderna being free … after the first two AZ I chose to go with Moderna for #3
Apparently you did miss it. AZ was my first two. At Royal Garden for the third everyone had a choice between Moderna or Pfizer and it was free. That is what I did.

I got my first two AZ jabs right here in Pattaya. I didn't have to go to Bangkok. Then I got the Pfizer booster at Royal Garden. So far I haven't paid a single baht or any of it.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Lucky you GB. I was never offered a Moderna at Royal Garden Plaza. But that was a month ago. However I'm happy with my Pfizer.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:46 pm I understand (maybe incorrectly) they are not offering boosters from those who received Pfizer jabs yet. I'll double check on-line to see if they say anything.
I read this quite a few weeks ago, but the published Thai policy definitely was:
1 People who had Astra Zeneca or Chinese vaccines could get a booster after 3 months
2 People who had Pfizer could get a booster after 6 months
I've no idea if this has changed yet.

As for Pfizer v Moderna, well I've also read the same thing about the Moderna dose size being 100 micro grammes v 30 for Pfizer.

However, the authorized boosters in the UK are either Pfizer or half a dose of Moderna. When the vaccine committee announced this, they stated Moderna were seeking approval for using a half dose as a booster in other countries.

According to one report I read, the full dose of Moderna has also resulted in more side effects, however the side effects are more significant in younger people, so I don't think that should be a worry for the typical board member here.

Apologies for not quoting sources. Most of this is stuff I've read weeks ago, so I can't easily find the source now. The half dose information was explained in the JCVI press conference when they announced the approved boosters for the UK.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I had 2 Astra at Bang Sue station in BKK both free and 1 booster of Moderna at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital which I prepaid 1600 baht, the day after the Moderna booster I had a headache, slight fever and was generally lathogic.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:46 pm and was generally lathogic.
Whatever that is, it sounds very nasty ;) .

My first dose of Astra Zeneca left me very lethargic for 12~24 hours after. There were hardly any side effects with the second dose.

Both doses of Pfizer seemed to cause some very mild headaches & dizziness about 3~7 days after the event.