Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

This is the 3rd dose for those that already received their 2nd dose of the vaccines mentioned. This begins Dec.23 until further notice…you only qualify if 3 months have lapsed from your 2nd dose. 9:00am to 3:00pm
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Third anti-virus jab opportunities for foreigners in Pattaya

By Barry Kenyon

December 25, 2021

Both paid and unpaid booster shots for doubly-vaccinated Pattaya expats are on the cards for early 2022. Private sector Phyathai hospital in Sri Racha, the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya and the latter’s outreach Jomtien Hospital on Sukhumvit Road will soon provide third jabs for preregistered customers. Phyathai is already contacting clients with dates, whilst the other two promise a window of opportunity from January to March 2022. The prepaid cost is around 1,600 baht with Moderna, irrespective of the brand of previous inoculations.

The indoor Sports Stadium on Soi Chaiyapeuk Two, opposite the 103 radio station, was open December 23 and 24 for free walk-in Pfizer booster shots. Reports say that both Thais and foreigners were welcome. The Stadium has now closed for the holiday period, but new dates will be available once City Hall confirms that stocks are available. The Bangkok Pattaya Hospital’s vaccination center at Central Festival Pattaya Beach is currently concentrating on first and second jab patients with a prior booking.

Booster jab opportunities for foreigners in Pattaya can be a hit-and-miss business and other hospitals and clinics may sometimes offer a facility. Pattaya City Hospital and Banglamung Hospital, both public sector, have vaccinated many non-Thais but were not offering booster shots when we visited. It is important to take along your passport, proof of a local address and your coronavirus vaccination record when making any health enquiry.

Foreigners who were doubly vaccinated with Astra Zeneca at Bang Sue railway station, Bangkok, earlier in the year may be able to obtain a booster Moderna or Pfizer shot there in the new year. However, the website does not currently appear to be operating and reports say pre-registration is essential this time around. Because of the health threats posed by the emerging Omicron virus variant, the Thai government says it is committed to offering third jabs to everyone doubly-vaccinated as soon as humanly possible.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/third- ... aya-384024
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

A Thai friend sent me a poster in Thai for obtaining shots at the Royal Garden. He provided the following translation:
Banglamung Hospital will be open for Vaccination at Royal Garden from 29 Dec 2021 - 31 March 2022 if anyone who is due for booster 3rd injection can walk in there from Monday - Friday from 11.00 - 15.00 pm. Call 080-112-0225
He then sent me the following information regarding getting a booster at Royal Garden:

For those who want to register needle 3:
  • You can preregister at the Royal Garden Plaza, Pattaya.
  • From 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
  • After registration is complete The staff will schedule another injection date
Of course the big question is do you wait in the same or separate line to register OR do you wait in line and if they run out of the daily allotment before your turn, you can do the registration for a later date?

It would be helpful if anyone going there for a shot can relate their experience and answer the "big question".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am guessing that those of us who received our first two injections via Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital will be notified by the hospital and will get our third injection also via Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. I got my first injection at the hospital. The second was given at Central Festival.

My understanding is everyone is supposed to wait 3 months after the second injection before getting their third injection. Is that correct?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The wait depends on the vaccine regimen. In my case, I had AZ for 1st and 2nd, so the wait is 3 months, which makes me eligible after 2 January. The chart from Public Health Ministry shows:

Sinovac or Sinopharm for both doses - 4 weeks
Pfizer+Pfizer or Moderna + Moderna - 6 months
AZ+Pfizer - 6 months
All others listed is 3 months
Jun

Post by Jun »

Varying the wait time for booster doses according to to the vaccine last received is a very sensible policy.
The protection from a new mRNA vaccine is far better than an AZ vaccine that was received over 4 months ago. As shown by UK data. Therefore, the moment I heard I might get Pfizer at a walk in centre, I walked in to a centre in Bangkok to see what happened, as there's very little to lose and a lot to gain. I got my booster.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

A friend walked in to the Royal Garden last Thursday and got his Pfizer booster. Took only one hour.

I was at BHP yesterday and purchased Moderna Lot 1 for my bf. He gets the jab on Jan 10. I must wait 3 more weeks (my 3 months since AZ) and BHP said I would be contacted early February. My jab will be from Lot 1. They are selling Lot 2 now with an arrival between now and March 31. More of my friends got their Moderna jabs at BHP last week.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I paid my 1650 baht yesterday at Jomtien Hospital … the young partner of BHP … for MODERNA … my booster after 2 AstraZeneca… my 3 month anniversary is 19 January … the nurse/clerk who served me could not tell me when my turn would come up … said I would get an SMS.
Jun

Post by Jun »

At least one recent study showed more side effects with Moderna than Pfizer. Moderna has 100mg of mRNA, compared with 30mg in Pfizer.
Since side effects are worse in young people and the immune response is worse in older people, I would probably be choosing Pfizer if I were a lot younger and perhaps Moderna if I were even older.
However, applying common sense doesn't always get the right result.

The Moderna booster used in the UK is a half dose and I believe they were seeking approval for the same for use as boosters in other countries.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news ... efwlZf.png
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

My friends in Thailand, all old farts like me, had slightly sore arms near injection site with Moderna and my elderly family members in USA (80 plus) also had sore arms. Other than that, no issues.