Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Sunee Plaza

Post by Gaybutton »

My latest information comes from a friend whose information is almost always reliable. However, I have not been to Sunee Plaza to personally check. If anyone can confirm or correct my information, please post.

By the way, I notice several people are still misspelling 'Sunee'. Just one 'n' folks and it is pronounced 'soo-nee', not 'sunny'. Sunee is a name, not a description of the weather. Madame Sunee owns Sunee Plaza and the bars pay their rent to her office.

Here is what I have:

The beer bars are open. The two go-go bars, Nice Boys and Winner Boys, are also both open. However there is a slight catch - neither of the go-go bars are presenting any dancers. There are boys hanging around, but no dancers, at least not yet.

Of course, as further information comes in it will be posted.
Jun

Re: Sunee Plaza

Post by Jun »

It varies from day to day, but is usually very quiet.

At about 21:30 on Wednesday, the situation was as follows:

Nice Boys open. Boys in Jeans, but most of them were avoiding the stage. Then they all started drinking with one customer. Unsatisfactory. (At least one other reputable visitor has now reported on this over on GayGuides, just in case anyone wants a second opinion).
Winner: Locked shut
One bar: Open
Green Chair ?: Open
Everything else: Closed
Very quiet, particularly considering Jomtien was closed, according to reports.
Total customer numbers in Nice Boys might have briefly reached 6 or 7, but most departed swiftly. When we walked past the other bars, there were perhaps 2 customers in each.

I've not yet seen Winner open for normal Gogo service, but they are sometimes open for outdoor service. That appeared to be the case at about 2:00 pm today.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:55 pm At least one other reputable visitor has now reported on this over on GayGuides, just in case anyone wants a second opinion
Thank you very much. Now we're getting somewhere with accurate first-hand information. I hope you will continue updating us.

I see no need for a second opinion, but if anyone is interested the link to the post is https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... ent-326852

I can vouch for vinapu's posts. He is totally reliable.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Thursday 9:30 -9:50 pm
Nice Boys: Open (I did not venture inside)
Winner: Open -outdoor service
Diamond, Euro, One and Euro Boys open, but the latter appeared to be shutting.

Boyztown totally closed, except for Scandic Old Man massage.
X-Men was running some kind of restaurant service again.

On the way between, I cut through one of the back sois to Walking Street. Most girly bars there were closed and all gogo bars I passed appeared to be closed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It has been nearly a month since the last post on this topic. Does anyone have any updated information for us?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I've been there a couple of times, although not for a couple of weeks. Whilst there may be bars open, there is no reason to go as it's almost dead.

The only place with any cute boys is Winner, if you fancy sitting outside. When it's open.
There are no cute boys at the other beer bars. The total number of customers for all these open fronted bars combined is usually under 5. No surprise, as there really isn't anything to attract people.

I'm not planning to return to Nice Boys, as the last visit was most unsatisfactory. Vinapu described their failings on GayGuides. Paying 200 Baht for a drink to see boys in Jeans, sat down avoiding the stage is not a good deal. They even had one cute lad, for the first time in a few years, but he spent the entire time playing a game on his phone. If charging gogo prices, offer a gogo experience. If offering something not as good as a host bar, the prices need to be competitive with host bars.

Sunee only stands a chance of recovery if it offers something Jomtien doesn't. So it needs Winner Boys to reopen as a gogo and preferably at least one other good gogo.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:27 pm I'm not planning to return to Nice Boys, as the last visit was most unsatisfactory. Vinapu described their failings on GayGuides. Paying 200 Baht for a drink to see boys in Jeans, sat down avoiding the stage is not a good deal. They even had one cute lad, for the first time in a few years, but he spent the entire time playing a game on his phone.
I agree with every word you wrote. 200 baht for a drink at Sunee Plaza is outrageous and so is bar management allowing the boys to play with their phones instead of paying attention to the customers, especially now when there are so few customers. I really don't understand why bars permit their boys to take out their phones "while on duty" in the first place. When playing on the phone takes precedence over customers, something is very wrong. I wouldn't even mind the jeans if the boys were at least bothering to pay attention to me even though I'm merely a customer.

Is there a valid reason why none of the go-go boys are on stage dancing?

Once again, if the bars are to survive they need to figure out they need to attract customers. High drink prices and boys ignoring customers won't cut it, at least not for me.

If the bars want my money to leave my pocket and land in theirs, you know what they need to do? They need to earn it.