Gentlemen's Clubs

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Gentlemen's Clubs

Post by RichLB »

I've lived in Pattaya for over 20 years and had never heard of these places - most probably because they cater to straight guys. But, apparently they are all over the place and a great alternative to beer bars and gogos. If only they existed for gay guys or do they? Here's a video that details what they are like. Has anyone here been to one?

Gaybutton

Re: Gentlemen's Clubs

Post by Gaybutton »

Here's another one. Just like RichLB, I had never heard of these either. I wish they had places like this for gays, but apparently not. I remember Richard Burk, who some of you may remember from Amor, Street Life, and Coco's, was talking about opening something similar to these, but obviously it never came to pass.

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:19 am I wish they had places like this for gays, but apparently not.
I wonder if Sansuk Sauna is similar and if it was modeled after a Gentleman's Club. Hmm, now that I think of it, is Sansuk still open?
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Aren't these clubs just like high-end host or hostess clubs? Bangkok used to have several for gays, and a Thai gay friend took me to one, which had smartly dressed and handsome hosts. The place was elegant and probably very expensive. My rich friend paid the bill. The club supposedly operated on a membership basis, but friends of members could also come. Bangkok also supposedly had (has?) such clubs for wealthy Thai ladies, where they could obtain the services of handsome hosts.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

werner99 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:22 am Aren't these clubs just like high-end host or hostess clubs?
I could be wrong, but from what I understand these are just the opposite - less expensive than the bars.
Jun

Post by Jun »

RichLB wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am I wonder if Sansuk Sauna is similar and if it was modeled after a Gentleman's Club. Hmm, now that I think of it, is Sansuk still open?
The first Gentleman's club in the video had hostesses and what looked very much like a set up for pole dancing.

I've never seen hosts at Sansuk. In fact, since the entry fee was about 220 baht for everyone, including young Thais, it attracted mainly elderly farang. One of the reasons I come to Pattaya is to meet young Asians and Sansuk did not target such interests.

The place has been closed whenever I recently walked past. I'm not sure if that's permanent or due to covid regulations.
If they do reopen, I suggest a very large discount for young Asians would be a good start. You need some bait to catch fish.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Pre covid there were a couple of bj bars in Bangkok . One would sit on a stool or stand and a lady would provide oral from
behind the bar. I imagine she sat or was on knees and was under a curtain
A friend, who is on this forum told me about a couple of bars that offered this service.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:17 pm
RichLB wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am I wonder if Sansuk Sauna is similar and if it was modeled after a Gentleman's Club. Hmm, now that I think of it, is Sansuk still open?
If they do reopen, I suggest a very large discount for young Asians would be a good start. You need some bait to catch fish.
Interestingly, when Sansuk first opened, entry for those between 18 and (I forget the exact age) still young was free. If they reopen, let's hope they repeat that policy.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:51 pm Interestingly, when Sansuk first opened, entry for those between 18 and (I forget the exact age) still young was free. If they reopen, let's hope they repeat that policy.
It was a good idea and it worked well. I never did figure out why they stopped it and started charging the boys. The presence of the boys attracted a lot of farang. The boys were forbidden to try to get money from farang. Any who tried were banned. However, there was nothing against the boys making arrangements for later with farang. That could be as simple as the boy and the farang meeting up as they exited Sansuk.

As an aside, before opening Sansuk, Punya, the owner, was the manager at a popular gay hotel just off Sunee Plaza. It's been so long now I can't remember the name of the hotel. Does anyone remember?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I think that was Howard's ?
The hotel had a reputation for hard beds, so I never risked it.