Bangkok venues opening?

Anything and everything about Thailand
werner99

Bangkok venues opening?

Post by werner99 »

I realize that this forum is focused on Pattaya, but does anyone know about the situation regarding the Bangkok go-gos and venues, particularly in the Patpong Silom area? I have heard second-hand that Jupiter would be re-opening in December. I wonder if they are offering shows and dozens of attractive guys to off. I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand in late December or early 2022.
Gaybutton

Re: Bangkok venues opening?

Post by Gaybutton »

werner99 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 pm I realize that this forum is focused on Pattaya
That is not by intent. I want this forum to be focused on all of Thailand, but most who post here post about Pattaya. On the other hand, the Sawatdee forum is focused primarily on Bangkok, so you might want to visit that forum to get better information about Bangkok.

The go-go bars have not yet been given permission to reopen. That is hoped for by mid-January. If any go-go bars are open, they are open illegally unless they have somehow managed to get themselves designated as a restaurant and received SHA certification.

If anyone is looking for a holiday in Thailand once the go-go bars are open, and open legally, my advice is to wait until Thailand gives the ok for them to open, which so far has not been done.

Another potential problem - just today the first case of the Omicron variant was discovered in Thailand. Hopefully they got it contained and prevented it from spreading, but I think we all realize one way or another it will get to Thailand. So far there is no word of any kind of drastic action being taken, but we all know how Thailand has been handling these kinds of things. The fear is Thailand might postpone allowing the go-go bars to reopen yet again. There just is no way to be certain yet.

I have no way of personally knowing what is open legally and what is open illegally, and we don't know what kind of police action, if any, will be taken against venues illegally open.

While we're getting reports of people having a good time at beer bars and a few other kinds of venues, as far as I know no go-go bars have reopened as go-go bars and there is no way yet to be certain when that will happen and which go-go bars will really reopen.

Others may disagree with me, but my advice is to wait until we know what to expect.
Jun

Post by Jun »

werner99 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 pm I realize that this forum is focused on Pattaya, but does anyone know about the situation regarding the Bangkok go-gos and venues, particularly in the Patpong Silom area? I have heard second-hand that Jupiter would be re-opening in December. I wonder if they are offering shows and dozens of attractive guys to off. I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand in late December or early 2022.
Jupiter has an outdoor bar service, along the lines of Balcony or Circus, but trying to look more upmarket. I didn't see any customers go inside and I didn't see the staff try to persuade anyone to do so.

Dream Boys is open, with overdressed staff. They are also not my idea of Dream Boys.

Fresh Boys also opened at the weekend. Three fully clothed boys on stage on Friday and no one on stage on Saturday.

If you must have these bars open to make a trip, wait for better news. If you're prepared to use the phone apps to find your boy, get the trip booked !
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:16 pm Jupiter has an outdoor bar service, along the lines of Balcony or Circus,
As has Banana Bar.

Balcony, Circus, Pride and Connections have terrace AND indoor service.
Stranger was open (indoor only) at the weekend with their crowd spilling onto the soi between acts as before.