Jomtien Complex Raided

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Jomtien Complex Raided

Post by Jun »

In the most recent incident where a massage was cut short, I did check beforehand that a 60 minute massage lasted 60 minutes, but clearly not carefully enough.
I would have objected when the massage stopped early, except the massage was so poor that it wasn't worth it.
When he made a half hearted effort at upselling to a happy ending, he'd done nothing to get me interested, so I ignored him. If he's no good at the main massage, why should I assume he's any good at the extras ?
I tipped modestly and won't be back to Relax@ this venue for several years.

If I remember correctly, the previous visit there was well over 5 years ago and in that case, they were so poor, I decided to stop early.

Thankfully, of course there are some good massage services around. Green Massage in Bangkok was high quality and lasted almost 60 minutes.
The best of the lot was a Thai guy who lived in Hertfordshire (UK) for a few years. That was always high quality, lasted a few minutes over the booked time and was at a very reasonable price for the UK. I was gutted when he returned to Thailand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:03 am the massage was so poor that it wasn't worth it.
Since these places are allowed to operate, I'm wondering if they are hiring just any boy who asks to work there until they think they have enough boys, whether they have any kind of experience, training, or not.

At these massage shops it seems to me that the only thing you can count on is the "happy ending". They usually don't deprive the customer of at least that. Whether it will be any good or not is another story.

Before I would stop patronizing a massage shop, if I got unsatisfactory service I would probably go back one more time and try with a different boy. If I still get unsatisfactory service, that is when that shop would get scratched off my list. If I go to a massage shop I'm there to enjoy it. I'm not there to end up disappointed, feel cheated about my time getting cut short, or feel I was overcharged.

"Happy ending" massage shops don't seem to care whether the boys had any kind of training or not. For a real, but no "happy ending" massage, you need to go to a legitimate massage with trained masseurs. The blind massage shops have always seemed the best to me. The foot massage places are almost always very good too.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The massage shop I'm referring to has been in existence for over a decade. They used to have a large number of staff, perhaps 2/3rds male and used to offer a good massage. Then, they tried pushing the price of a massage to 400 Baht, but the quality dropped at the same time. So that failed.
Now, even pre-covid, it had perhaps a third of the original staff, but at least now all male.
I shall Relax@Somewhere else for at least the next 5 years.

Now if I'm to pay 300 Baht for a 60 minute massage, I actually expect to get the massage. Paying 300+a tip just for a happy ending is poor value. This costs almost as much as getting a boy on a phone app, yet the phone app boys provide far more service for the money.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 am the phone app boys provide far more service for the money.
I agree. That has been my experience too. That is why I have not gone to a massage shop in years.

And for me, when I have a phone app boy drop by, if I have him come multiple times the service usually gets even better, especially if they like you, once they get to know you, once the initial shyness is gone, and they know they can expect to get a good tip.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 am The massage shop I'm referring to has been in existence for over a decade.
I shall Relax@Somewhere else for at least the next 5 years.
Which shop is this? Is it the one that used to be called Chivarome? I think there are a couple of @Relax shops in Pattaya now.

If you're referring to the ex Chivrarome, I agree completely with your observations. Mostly all male now, which is a plus. But quality definitely isn't what it used to be. It was my go to place for good legit male massage in Pattaya. Now I don't really know where to find that in Pattaya.

I do have to confess, at the current @Relax, assuming we're talking about the same place, they have a Cambodian boy who is especially well hung and wants to top. If that's your thing. I wouldn't want to try to accommodate such an appendage but did enjoy "admiring" it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

JimmyJ wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:37 amWhich shop is this? Is it the one that used to be called Chivarome? I think there are a couple of @Relax shops in Pattaya now.
I think naming and shaming individual businesses here is discouraged, due to litigation risk.

I don't recall the shop being called Chivarome, unless a long time ago. The place I have in mind is near Tuk Com and they wear red outfits.

Providing a good quality massage and making sure it runs for the full 60 or 90 minutes would definitely be a good business strategy. Instead of having staff sat around all day with no customers, start building a reputation and getting repeat business.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:49 pm I think naming and shaming individual businesses here is discouraged, due to litigation risk.
Even without a litigation risk I don't think naming and shaming is appropriate for this board. If someone likes a venue, by all means post. If not, I'd rather just keep silent about it. I've been to too many places someone else thinks is horrible, but I thought was great - and vice-versa.

However, if the disliked venue is the subject of a negative article in the mainstream media, then it is fair game.