The Latest - restrictions, visas, entry requirements, etc.

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: The Latest - restrictions, visas, entry requirements, etc.

Post by Jun »

Bangkok Post wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:46 am "The longer they stay, the more they can spend more locally."
Who would have thought it ?
I would have happily extended my last 90 day trip by another 3 weeks or so, except they didn't offer a legal way of doing it. The tea money option was too expensive.

Bangkok Post wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:46 am They also support the idea of promoting Thailand as a mask-free destination by revoking the mask mandate in all areas.
Since tourists will typically not wear masks at home, it's more of an expected scenario than something which can be promoted.

Bangkok Post wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:46 am Temperature checks at all locations should be halted as experience has shown this measure cannot practically identify those infected with the virus, said the representatives.
These are not a major inconvenience, but if proven to be pointless, remove them.

The Nation wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:51 am “Though the situation in Thailand is improving, CCSA is still concerned as the number of people getting booster shots is low. We, therefore, urge those who have not received a booster to get one as soon as possible to reduce the risk of hospitalisation and death,” Supoj said.
About 93% of the deaths in Thailand are in over 60s. Yet these people never specifically mention the vaccination rate in over 60s. Focussing on that would have far more effect than all the fannying around with travel restrictions & bar closures. It would also prepare the country for post restriction life, when there will be more waves of covid.
WHO data published in March shows 83.3% of over 60s have one dose, 78.8% have 2 doses and a mere 32% have 3 doses. The fact that I have to go to a WHO publication, rather than a Thai one says a lot.
Well over 90% have had 2 doses in the UK and before anyone says that's not comparable, over 90% have also had 2 doses in Cambodia.

Typically, the covid death rate in the unvaccinated is about 10 or more times that in the vaccinated. So for every 80 deaths in the vaccinated over 60s, there would probably be over 200 deaths in the unvaccinated group.

(WHO data, pdf. See p 21: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... mlIjock4Fl)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I hope they're not doing too much, too soon, for the sake of trying to attract tourists. If this brings about yet another Covid outbreak, I don't think anyone reading this needs me to explain what will happen next.

I hope it will work out well for everyone.

Thailand Pass and travel insurance cancellation will attract more tourists

By Pattaya Mail

June 13, 2022

Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, Tourism and Sports Minister, announced that the ministry has decided to withdraw the proposal to implement the 300-baht tourism fee in order to conduct additional research on the matter. In light of tourists who only stay one or two nights in the country, he believes that the tourist fee for land arrival should be reconsidered.

The ministry will submit the proposal to the cabinet within two months, with the implementation of the fee taking place 90 days after the Royal Gazette publication. This suggests that the starting date could be between the fourth quarter of this year and the first quarter of 2023.

Piphat stated that the proposal for the cancellation of the Thailand Pass registration for international arrivals to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) during its next meeting will attract more tourists, as they will no longer be required to purchase travel insurance or deal with complex entry procedures. The Tourism Authority of Thailand will also meet with tourism operators to discuss any pressing concerns that should be brought up at the next CCSA meeting.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... sts-401169
pong

Post by pong »

Seems this is a deal now-from 1/7. As I just read in the mainstream forum on TH I read daily, but strange that I´ve not seen it anywhere else-there was always a simultaneous outcry of joy the last monthes on all softer made entry measures. Thus just back to the old-and even without that TM6 form to fill out!
So I went to check airfares and-well-around double from EUr for aug/sept as they used to be-plus very scarce availablity too. Fly eco, pay Business!
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I booked a ticket from London for mid August. £900 with Emirates.
Hardly double previous fares. Maybe a few hundred pounds more.
Now if you are talking business...then I would agree.