2lz2p

Re: New 90-day address report online launched

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:49 pm
2lz2p wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:34 pm
Much to my surprise
Much to my own surprise is that you were able to do it online at all on the 24th when it was due by the 27th. Before, it was required to be less than 15 days before the due date, but greater than 7 days. Apparently that rule has changed.

Of course, I never saw anything announcing any rule changes. That part comes as no surprise . . .
The 24th is 3 days before the due date so within the time frame you mention. That is still the rule when reporting in person. However, for online reporting you can do it up to 15 days before till the due date, but not after the due date. I received the Immigration ([email protected]) email reminder 15 days before it was due (the 12th).

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:10 pm
The 24th is 3 days before the due date so within the time frame you mention.
Not quite. According to the previous rule the online report had to be greater than 7 days in advance of the due date. They accepted your report 3 days in advance and on a Sunday too.

Sounds good to me.

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:23 pm
2lz2p wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:10 pm
The 24th is 3 days before the due date so within the time frame you mention.
Not quite. According to the previous rule the online report had to be greater than 7 days in advance of the due date. They accepted your report 3 days in advance and on a Sunday too.

Sounds good to me.
Is that the previous "online" reporting system? If so, I never could use it so didn't try to stay up with any rules that may apply for it. As mentioned, the new system is from 15 days before up to the due date.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:19 pm
Is that the previous "online" reporting system?
That's right. Obviously they have relaxed the rules. Good. It would have been helpful if they had at least announced that, but I suppose that's too much to ask.

In any case, it doesn't matter much to me what the timeline rules are. The important thing is you can do these reports online rather than having to go to immigration. It's even better for people who live nowhere near an immigration office and either had to make a trip or send it in by mail. Being able to do it online must come as a major relief to those in that circumstance.