New 90-day address report online launched

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: New 90-day address report online launched

Post by Gaybutton »

Whoops! My application got rejected. My own fault. I could have sworn my report was due in December. WRONG! It isn't due until near the end of January, which is when I will try again.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I did try again and it worked. I submitted my application at 12:00pm and received the approval at 2:30pm. My next one is due at the end of April.

I hope they keep this working. I'm perfectly happy not to have to trek to Immigration other than once a year to extend my retirement visa.

And since this seems to be working, that is very good news for those of you who live nowhere near an immigration office.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Although the old system never worked for me, the new one did.

I filed my application online on 2 February (due date 8 February) and received a confirmation email of receipt of the application. A copy of a completed TM.47 front page was attached (pdf format). The online systems showed it was pending as it did yesterday when I checked status.

This morning, I received another email saying it was approved and a copy of the 2nd (approval) page was attached (pdf format) for me to print out and put in my passport.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 am This morning, I received another email saying it was approved and a copy of the 2nd (approval) page was attached (pdf format) for me to print out and put in my passport.
I did mine this morning. They have improved their web site a little bit. I received an Email from immigration informing me that my report is due soon. I went to their web site, filled and submitted my report. That was at 9:00am. About 9:30am I received another Email from immigration informing me my report was approved. 5 minutes later the report was printed out and duly stapled into my passport.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Is the any way to use the online 90 day report mechanism if one does not have access to a printer?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:03 am Is the any way to use the online 90 day report mechanism if one does not have access to a printer?
I'm not sure, but if you put the file on a flash drive, most of the photoshops around town could print it out for you for a small fee -- also, you might ask someone you know and meet with that has a printer to do likewise (or if they are agreeable, email the pdf file as an attachment to them so they can print it out for you).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:41 am I'm not sure
I am sure. Downloading the approval is very easy. It is a PDF file. The one you want is the "Receipt of Notification" file. Open it and then look at the top right of your screen. Those icons are for printing and downloading. If you don't know what the icon is for, just put your cursor over it and it will tell you what it's for.

So yes - very simple. Download it, put it on a flashdrive, and any print shop will be able to print it out or, for that matter, anyone who has a computer, USB port, and a printer can print it out for you.

The hardest part is after you print it out. First cut off the excess paper until all that's there is the notification. The hard part is figuring out how to fold it so that it fits neatly in your passport . . .
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Thanks, folks.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I again rec'd a reminder from Immigration that my 90 day report was due on 27 July 2022. Yesterday, 24 July, I decided to do the online report. When I submitted it, I got the "success" message soon followed by an email with the completed TM.47 in a pdf file showing the information I submitted and dated 24 July 2022.

Having sent it on a Sunday when Immigration offices are not open, I didn't expect to receive the receipt portion (approval) until sometime today or later. Much to my surprise :o , I received the pdf file for the receipt portion on Sunday, a couple of hours after I did the online report.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:34 pm Much to my surprise
Much to my own surprise is that you were able to do it online at all on the 24th when it was due by the 27th. Before, it was required to be less than 15 days before the due date, but greater than 7 days. Apparently that rule has changed.

Of course, I never saw anything announcing any rule changes. That part comes as no surprise . . .