If you want to include photos (it does not work for posting videos) here is what to do:
1. Go to the imgur web site. That is the site that will host photos and videos. https://imgur.com
2. Register on the web site. It is free.
3. At the top left of the screen, click on 'New Post'
4. A new screen will pop up that allows you to drop your photo into the screen or choose to upload the photo from your computer. I'm not sure how to do this via a mobile phone, but there it is.
5. Once your photo has been uploaded, now it will appear on the main screen.
6. Click on it.
7. Just above the photo, on the right, you will see three dots like these ...
8. Click on the dots. There are also three dots within the photo, but that is not what to click on. Click on the dots above the photo.
9. Then click on "Get Share Links"
10. Then click on "Copy Link" for "BBCode (Forums)"
That copied link is what to paste into your post and your photo should appear.
Anything and everything about Thailand
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 20098
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
- Location: Thailand
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1161 times
It doesn't. And that link that used to permit posting photos directly from your posting box no longer appears.
Meanwhile this is the new improved forum software, which there was no choice but to use. Personally I liked it much better when it was old and lousy, but there it is. Sooner or later there will be a new update. I hope that will make the board more user friendly for posting photos. I also wouldn't mind being able to post videos right from your smartphone or computer. As it stands now, the only videos that can be posted are YouTube videos.
Oh well, at least photos and videos can be posted at all, which certainly is much better than nothing.