Locanation - Thailand's answer to Agoda, et al

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Locanation - Thailand's answer to Agoda, et al

Post by Gaybutton »

Thailand launches new hotel reservation platform as cities reopen to foreigners

By Pattaya Mail

October 3, 2021

Locanation.com, a new hotel reservation platform backed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), made its debut on 1 October 2021 to help boost country reopening.

This newly-launched platform is an alternative to other online travel agencies like Agoda and Traveloka. It is part of the TAT Travel Tech Startup Season 2.

TAT Deputy Governor of Domestic Marketing Thapanee Kiatpaiboon said the agency is keen to support startups, specifically Thai-bound TravelTechs, helping to maneuver them through international competition.

What makes this platform different from the rest is that it does not collect any commission fees from participating hotels, as well as allows businesses to communicate directly with actual users on the platform through posts and direct messages. Proceeds from the revenue spared can then translate to privileges or extra benefits provided to hotel guests, such as airport shuttles or free minibars.

The platform also supports the government’s Phase 3 of the ‘We Travel Together’ or ‘Rao Tiew Duay Gun’ scheme with 2 million eligible accounts. It began accepting reservations from 1 October 2021. Here is the link to the platform: https://locanation.com/

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ers-374284
Jun

Re: Locanation - Thailand's answer to Agoda, et al

Post by Jun »

I tried it & got a "function not supported" error when searching for a hotel in Bangkok. I'm not surprised, as on average, services provided by business run by entrepreneurs are better than those provided by the clowns at government bodies. The entrepreneurs will be out of business if they don't deliver, whilst the public sector can always waste more taxpayer's money, so there is less pressure to get their act together.

Also, avoiding fees ought to be desirable.
However, almost every time I've attempted to book or extend a booking in a hotel run by Thai or Lao people, they won't even match the online price over the counter and tell me to book online. Ask the same question of a European proprietor in Thailand and they will match or beat the online price.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:20 pm almost every time I've attempted to book or extend a booking in a hotel run by Thai or Lao people, they won't even match the online price over the counter and tell me to book online.
Actually your entire post is a "Why am I not surprised?" for me. Touting a new app that is already flawed and hotels that behave as if they are doing you a favor by just letting you stay there. Way to go!
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Had me until "It is part of the TAT"..