Easing Covid restrictions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Easing Covid restrictions

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is the latest after the Thursday, October 14 meeting with the CCSA and Prime Minister.

Before you start making bookings and packing your bags, it is one thing for Thailand to be on the verge of reopening. It is another if your home country is officially recommending to avoid travel to Thailand. Make sure to check with your insurance company if that is the case. Your insurance may be invalidated if you travel to Thailand.

Some may say, so what? I don't need insurance to travel to Thailand. Remember, Thailand still has insurance requirements for tourists. If your insurance is invalid, what do you think will happen if you try to enter Thailand?

Quarantine being lifted, more provinces being opened

14 October, 2021

There will be no quarantine for fully vaccinated air travellers from five countries from Nov 1, and destinations in more provinces will also be opened to foreign tourists.

Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said the CCSA resolved on Thursday to allow in fully vaccinated visitors from Britain, the United States, Germany, Singapore and China if they pass an RT-PCR test before arrival.

Travellers from these five countries were considered as having low-risk of Covid-19 infection. They would not have to quarantine.

The number of destinations opened to tourists would also expand from four provinces - Phuket and parts of Surat Thani, Phangnga and Krabi provinces - to 17 provinces of economic significance. This would include all of Bangkok, Samut Prakan (only Suvarnabhumi airport), parts of Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Nong Kae) and all of Krabi and Phangnga, Dr Taweesilp said.

From Dec 1, another 16 major provinces would reopen, including Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Lamphun, Phrae and Sukhothai.

The operations committee of the CCSA had yet to finalise the entire list of the additional provinces, Dr Taweesilp said.

The CCSA's briefing on Thursday afternoon started with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha confirming that Thailand was ready for reopening in two weeks.

"Many countries want to let their citizens visit Thailand... It will be a small start, for people to resume earning a living," the prime minister said.

Ministers and senior representatives of the government and the private sector were also present for the announcement at Government House.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ing-opened

Curfew hours to be reduced to 11pm-3am

by The Nation

October 14, 2021

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Thursday gave the green light for curfew time to be reduced. From October 16, curfew will be from 11pm to 3am.

CCSA spokesperson Taweesin Visanuyothin said that markets, convenience stores, cinemas, restaurants, theatres and department stores will be allowed to open until 10pm.

He also said that elderly daycare centres can open as usual.

“Meanwhile, public transport will be allowed to carry more passengers on board,” Taweesin added.

Changes have also been made to Covid-control, colour-coded provinces.

Twenty-three provinces are dark red zones under maximum and strict Covid control: Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chanthaburi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Pathum Thani, Prachinburi, Pattani, Ayutthaya, Yala, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, and Saraburi.

Thirty provinces are red zones under maximum control: Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Chai Nat, Chaiyaphum, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trang, Trat, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phatthalung, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Maha Sarakham, Ranong, Lopburi, Sisaket, Satun, Sa Kaeo, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri, Surat Thani, Surin, Ang Thong, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani.

Twenty-four provinces are orange zones or controlled areas: Krabi, Kamphaeng Phet, Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Bueng Kan, Buriram, Phayao, Phang Nga, Phrae, Phuket, Mukdahan, Mae Hong Son, Yasothon, Roi Et, Lampang, Lamphun, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Sukhothai, Nong Khai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Amnat Charoen, Uttaradit, and Uthai Thani.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007508
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thailand’s Covid-19 Center Committee announces Covid-19 measure relaxations and provincial rezoning nationwide, effective this Saturday

By Nop Meechukhun

14 October, 2021

The general meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, has announced the progress of country “reopening” discussions and the approval of some Covid-19 measure relaxations nationwide this afternoon, October 14th.

The country reopening scheme will surely proceed on November 1st, as stated by the Prime Minister after the meeting. Thailand will welcome fully vaccinated tourists from at least 10 low-risk countries to travel by air without mandatory quarantine, but still with some paperwork and other requirements. The countries on this list, however, were not yet finalized today and will be released at a later time, according to the CCSA.

Despite this statement, TPN media notes as of press time that the country reopening plan and all of its details regarding the FINAL restrictions and qualifications are still under discussion and have not been made official or gone into order/law yet. However, based on statements being made, it will proceed forward although many details are still to come.

According to the initial discussion, international visitors are required to show that they are Covid-free at the time of travel with an RT-PCR test before their departure and have another test in Thailand upon arrival. They must also be fully vaccinated and present their vaccination certificate when they arrive. Some other rules and restrictions will also apply and are still being “ironed out” according to the CCSA. It is also possible that one may have to stay at a SHA+ hotel while waiting for their initial RT-PCR test results and that not every province will be “open”. However, this information is not yet final.

The initially approved low-risk countries are the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, Singapore, and China based on statements from the PM, with more to come. The additional list of risk countries of Covid-19 infections, as listed by Thailand’s Public Health Ministry will also be decided before the reopening date, according to CCSA spokesperson Dr. Taweesilp Visanuyothin.

As of today, the CCSA has approved the re-zoning of all colored provinces nationwide, effective on October 16th until at least October 31st. Dark-red zone provinces are now reduced from 29 to 23 provinces but Bangkok and Chonburi remain on the highest strict and controlled list.

The dark-red zone provinces (23) are Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chantaburi, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Tak, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Sri Thammarat, Narathiwas, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Prachinburi, Pattani, Ayutthaya, Yala, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkram, Samut Sakhon, and Chanthaburi.

The red zone provinces (30) are Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Chainat, Chaiyaphom, Chumpon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trang, Trat, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Pattalung, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phetchaburi, Maha Sarakam, Ranong, Lop Buri, Sri Saket, Satul, Sa Kaew, Singburi, Suphan Buri, Surat Thani, Surin, Ang Thong, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, and Phetchabun.

The orange zone provinces are the remaining 24 provinces.

Mandatory curfew hours will be shortened in dark red zones from the current 10:00 PM. – 04:00 AM. to 11:00 PM. – 03:00 AM., also implemented from the 16th onwards until at least Halloween, October 31st. The opening hours of some businesses in the dark-red zone provinces will also be extended from 9:00 PM. to 10:00 PM., such as markets, department stores, cinemas, theaters, etc.

Some easing of the number of people allowed to gather, as well as some businesses like arcades and game cabinets, will also be eased, although will need to be finalized by the province in their provincial orders. Bars, nightlife, and entertainment remain closed as do Amusement parks.

Meetings in hotels, exhibition centers, convention centers, or exhibition venues can be conducted as long as they apply with Covid-19 and gathering rules based on provincial color coding. More information on this will be in provincial orders.

However, the Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Public Health, and the CCSA did state they are expediting rules and review of entertainment venues, to discuss again on October 31st, and are asking business owners of those venues to prepare by ensuring their staff is completely vaccinated from Covid-19 and that their venues have proper air ventilation. There is no “promise” however that the entertainment venues will be able to open in the near future.

All of these eased measures will be put into effect this Saturday, October 16th.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/14/t ... -saturday/

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs discusses replacement for COE, reopening country

By Nop Meechukhun

14 October, 2021

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) today, October 14th, has reported the government’s initial discussions of the country reopening schemes and other related traveling requirements with the official proposed opening date as scheduled on November 1st in mind.

The TPN media notes as of press time that the country reopening plan and all of its details regarding the restrictions and qualifications are still under discussion and have not yet been finalized by the CCSA (Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration) or Thai Cabinet.

However, the plan discussed earlier today by the MFA has further mentioned that the international visitors are required to show that they are Covid-free at the time of travel with an RT-PCR test before their departure and have another test in Thailand upon arrival. They must also be fully vaccinated and present their vaccination certificate when arrived. Although not finalized, early proposals hint that tourists may have to stay at a SHA+ hotel at least until they get their RT-PCR results, potentially one night.

The initially approved low-risk countries are the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, Singapore, and China. The full list has not yet been finalized and is now under the discussion by the sub-panel CCSA and will be proposed to the general CCSA and the Prime Minister as the head of the CCSA for consideration as soon as possible. The initial list, according to the PM, will be at least ten countries, however, once again, it was not released today.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, together with the Digital Government Development Agency (DGA) is also now developing the “Thailand Pass” system to replace the issuance of the CoE (Certificate of Entry) and to shorten filling information and uploading travelers’ documents before visiting the country.

The system is scheduled to be approximately launched on November 1st while the CoE will be allowed for some groups of travelers, such as patients who need to stay in an Alternative Hospital Quarantine, travelers who cross land borders, and a group of travelers who travel by sea (yachts and cruise ships, etc.) The system is not yet live and more information is due to be released over the next several weeks, according to the MFA.

The MFA and CCSA are also reportedly determining “zones” that will be open to tourists, although this was not made crystal clear at today’s meetings but seems to infer that despite some earlier statements the whole country may not be immediately open to vaccinated foreign tourists but rather certain popular tourist areas. TPN media is still compiling and gathering more information about this.

Moreover, the Ministry also provided updates on Covid-19 vaccine allocations to foreign residents in Thailand. A total of 69,441 foreigners have been registered for an upcoming vaccination. Of that, 55,560 were foreigners who were less than 60 years old and 13,881 were elderly over 60 years old.

About 1,339,761 doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been distributed to 869,227 foreigners nationwide so far, the Ministry added.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/14/t ... g-country/
Jun

Post by Jun »

An interesting selection of reports.

So potentially, if going to approved zones, tourists need a test before travelling to Thailand, one after arrival in Thailand and a requirement to stay in an SHA hotel for a day or so until the result is processed. No mention of any further sandbox nonsense ? In which case it's a massive step forward.

However, the question arises, where will these approved zones be ? I like to start a holiday in Bangkok & move to Pattaya after 3~4 days. However, both are dark red zones at present. Would that have any bearing on the decisions ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 am However, the question arises
There will be many questions arising. As always, plenty remains confusing. And nothing is engraved in stone just yet. We'll see how this all sorts out. I hope it will truly be easing of restrictions rather than replacing some restrictions with others.

I have a feeling what matters most to many reading this is when the bars will reopen, how many will reopen, and which ones. I believe for the average gay traveler it's mainly going to be "No bars = No go".
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:43 am I have a feeling what matters most to many reading this is when the bars will reopen, how many will reopen, and which ones. I believe for the average gay traveler it's mainly going to be "No bars = No go".
Highly likely. However, eventually some of the travelers might realize they don't have a long list of good alternative destinations.

Back at the start of 2020, Pattaya had about 9 gogo bars left (of which I'd consider visiting about half). Other than Bangkok, I'm not aware of anywhere else in the world that offers that. If there is somewhere, it's probably full of big hairy Latinos who don't float my boat and would probably be considerably more expensive, with inferior service. I suspect many of the people who go to Thailand happen to like Asian lads.

So Thailand might be the only country some travelers consider. Particularly with the likes of Cambodia are closed.

In Thailand, we might just see a repeat of last winter.
1 At the start, bars in some parts of Pattaya open unofficially.
2 Then they are allowed to open until 21:00, which is when the gay bars open.
3 Opening is extended to 24:00 (if I remember correctly). I'm fine with a 24:00 closing time.

Almost all the time, the phone apps work and massage is available, whether legal or not.

In the absence of good alternatives, that's enough for me. Particularly if we are getting bar opening to at least 21:00 by 1 December.

Some of the other gay travelers will need to consider at what time should they realign their expectations to match what is available ?

It's not like we're going to wind the clock back 15 years, to a time when Sunee Plaza alone has about 10 gogo bars.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:21 pm It's not like we're going to wind the clock back 15 years, to a time when Sunee Plaza alone has about 10 gogo bars.
Right now only 2 are expected - Winner Boys and Nice Boys. If any other gogo bars are going to open in Sunee Plaza, I haven't heard yet.

The only thing I've heard about Boystown is a new bar called Pikky's is supposedly going to open. I haven't heard whether it will be a beer bar or gogo bar and I don't know precisely where it is going to be. I have heard nothing else about the Boystown area yet.

I hope Obsessions reopens. Undaunted will be so disappointed if it doesn't . . .

I think we all know gogo bars are not permitted in Jomtien Complex. As far as I know nothing has changed about that. I have been hearing that several of the Jomtien Complex bars will reopen, but I have not heard which ones.

I also don't know what any of the plans are. Are they going to open immediately once bars are permitted to open or are they going to wait? I have no idea.

That's all I know - obviously not very much just yet. If anyone has additional reliable information, please post.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Obsessions?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:53 pm Obsessions?
http://www.penthousehotel.com/obsessions_pattaya/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:16 pm
Undaunted wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:53 pm Obsessions?
http://www.penthousehotel.com/obsessions_pattaya/
O.M.G.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:58 pm O.M.G.

I'll bet you can hardly wait . . .