Easing Covid restrictions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Easing Covid restrictions

Post by Gaybutton »

You might notice I have moved "The Latest Covid Restrictions" topic off of "Announcements". That is because Thailand and major cities are currently easing restrictions rather than imposing new ones. If new restrictions are imposed, I will place that topic back on "Announcements".

But things are beginning to get better. Phuket, for example, has ended the alcohol ban and now you can get a drink at bars and restaurants. But sorry, folks - so far that applies only to Phuket, nowhere else.

Here's what's going on in Pattaya. I notice no mention in the article of having to prove anything to be able to dine-in at restaurants. We'll see what happens with that one. Whether there is any publicity about it or not, those of you who eat in restaurants, please post and let us know if you have to prove anything about vaccinations to enter or not. We really need to know what is happening with that. Hopefully every one of them are ignoring that order, but officially it is still in place.

Chonburi Governor releases new orders easing restrictions effective from Friday, October 1st

By Adam Judd

30 September, 2021

The Chonburi Governor has released new orders through their Public Relations Facebook page this afternoon detailing the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in alignment with recent guidance from the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, in Bangkok.

We are going to focus on what is new/changed, not list every single venue that is already allowed to open.

All of this is effective from Friday, October 1st, 2021 until further notice.

Easing/Changes

-Curfew is now 10:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. in alignment with the CCSA orders. It is still mandatory in Chonburi and not “suggested.”

-Most business venues can now close at 9:00 P.M., not 8:00 P.M.

-Nurseries can open, early childhood centers, preschools (with permission from local authorities and strict rules), school buildings with permission from authorities. (Mainly for teacher use, special exam testing, etc. Public school is not yet back in session locally.)

-Restaurants can open until 9:00 P.M. No alcohol sales (that is currently only Phuket). Live music or performances is ok but must be less than 5 people, only singers can not wear masks. Artists must not mingle with customers. Capacity limits still are in effect, no more than 50% of occupancy for indoors with air conditioning, 75% for outdoors or no air con.

-Convenience stores are still closed from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. overnight.

-Libraries, museums, art galleries, historical sites, science centers, culture centers, architectural sites, etc. can open, no more than 75% of capacity, no food or drink allowed.

-Movie Theaters can open, with no more than 50% capacity, cannot sit next to others except your own group, no food or drink, must wear a mask the whole film.

-Amulet markets can open

-Beauty salons, clinics, tattoo parlors, barbers, of all types can open. (Most were open before). Must schedule an appointment in advance, no waiting.

-For Tattoo parlors, one must provide proof of full vaccination or test negative on a Covid-19 test at least 72 hours before with a rapid Antigen test kit.

-All types of massage parlors can open, except steaming/sauna

-For SPAS/Massage only using water, the same rules as tattoo parlors apply. If not using water services, do not need vaccination proof or a test.

-Gyms and fitness centers can open until 9:00 P.M. NO steam rooms/saunas.

-Malls can now open to 9:00 P.M. However, amusement/water parks, arcades, rides, game shops, banquets, and meeting halls at malls remain closed.

-Fans can attend sporting events up to 25% capacity at outdoor stadiums BUT the same rules as spas and tattoo parlors apply. (They added that venues and stadiums for national athletes used for training cannot have fans still.)

-Internet cafes can open, a limit of 2 hours per person time limit.

-Theaters can open for cultural shows, folk shows, historical shows. Limit of 50 people. Stage performers can remove masks but may have additional rules implemented by the ministry of culture. No mingling between customers and performers, which includes any audience interaction portions.

-Beaches, parks, reservoirs, seaside areas must close by 9:00 P.M. No alcohol allowed at all.

-Gatherings are limited to 25 people. 9:00 P.M. is essentially the closing time for businesses now.

-They specifically warned at the end of the orders (for about the fifth time in the orders overall) that alcohol should not be served at any venue or allowed basically anywhere but your own home.

Bars, nightlife, nightclubs, karaoke, gentlemen clubs, gogos, entertainment, etc. remain shut. So do waterparks, arcades, pool halls, amusement parks, anything alcohol-related, snooker halls, etc.

If you have questions about the orders or if your venue can open please call City Hall 24 hours a day at 1337. We didn’t list every prior place that is already allowed to open.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/30/c ... tober-1st/
Gaybutton

Re: Easing Covid restrictions

Post by Gaybutton »

If you eat in or know of restaurants that are complying with the proof of vaccination rule, please feel free to post the names of those restaurants and where they are.

However, for the time being I do not want the names of restaurants that are not complying to be posted. Since, as far as I know, that rule indeed officially goes into effect beginning October 1, naming non-complying restaurants can spell trouble for those restaurants. For now, simply knowing if you are encountering non-complying restaurants will have to be sufficient. The only exception to that would be if the names of such restaurants are in the news media. If that happens, now the names of those particular restaurants would be fair game. But make sure to include the source of your information in your post - otherwise if the source is not included I will have to delete the post.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:13 pm But things are beginning to get better. Phuket, for example, has ended the alcohol ban and now you can get a drink at bars and restaurants. But sorry, folks - so far that applies only to Phuket, nowhere else.
Phuket is the benchmark here. A sandbox without "minders" and now bars open.

If nothing else changes in the next 6 months, that's where I'd go for the winter (after some checking up).
Of course, there are likely to be changes & probably for the better.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkok announces list of businesses and venues to be reopened in October

By Nop Meechukhun

30 September, 2021

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration today, September 30th, has released an official list of the relaxation of some businesses and venues in the capital, effective October 1st.

Bangkok authorities also approved the reduction of curfew hours from 9:00 PM. – 4:00 AM. to 10:00 PM. – 4:00 AM., also starting at the beginning of October.

According to the order from the Bangkok Communicable Disease Committee, the businesses and venues that are allowed to operate include:

Schools and educational institutions must operate under the approval and the prescribed measures of related agencies.

Nurseries, child centers, and similar daycare must operate under permission of Bangkok Health Department.

Restaurants can open until 9:00 PM. Alcohol is still prohibited. 50 percent capacity are allowed for air-conditioned restaurants and 75 percent capacity for outdoor restaurants. Live music is allowed with no more than five musicians on stage. Singers don’t have to have a mask, others do.

Convenience stores and markets can open until 9:00 PM.

Public libraries and museums must limit the number of users to 75 percent capacity. Eating and drinking are prohibited.

Cinemas can be operated until 9:00 PM. with limit the number of users to 50 percent capacity. Eating and drinking are prohibited.

Beauty salons and tattoo parlors can be operated until 9:00 PM. and are available only by appointment. For tattoo parlors, customers must be fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid-19 via ATK or RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to the service.

Thai massage parlors and spas are available via advanced bookings. Customers must be fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid-19 via ATK or RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to the service for water-based service.

Parks, sports fields, and outdoor swimming pools can open until 9:00 PM.

Gyms and fitness can open until 9:00 PM. No sauna allowed.

Sports matches and competitions must operate under the approval and the prescribed measures of related agencies.

Department stores can open until 9:00 PM.

TV shows and filmmaking productions

Theaters can operate until 9:00 PM. under permission of the Bangkok Health Department.

Boxing and dancing institutes

Weight loss centers

Amulet centers

Meeting room service facilities can organize traditional purposes such as weddings and engagement ceremonies with no catering. Limit of 25
people.

Hotels, with no seminars

Other businesses and activities that continue to be closed include:

Pubs, bars, nightclubs, karaoke shops

Massage and bathing parlors (Soapies)

Sauna businesses

Water parks and amusement parks

Playground and children’s play equipment

Game shops, internet cafes, and arcades

Exhibition centers, convention centers, exhibition venues

All types of indoor stadiums (except well-ventilated places)

Elderly care facilities (except for overnight stays)

Cockfighting and horse racing venues

https://tpnnational.com/2021/09/30/bang ... n-october/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

News reports I am reading say Thailand has been removed from the UK "Red Light" list. I imagine there is much more news about it in the UK media than Thai media. What I've seen in the Thai media is well summed up in the October 8 "Headline News". See: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=105536#p105536
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:33 am I imagine there is much more news about it in the UK media than Thai media.
Actually it got a quick 5 minute mention. It concentrated more on the fact that 47 countries were removed from the list.

It also removes the need for a test before returning to the UK. A BIG plus. And you no longer have to self isolate (as opposed to hotel quarantine).

So it just leaves a simple PCR test to do on the second day after arrival.

That’s it!!

Thank god the UK is taking a sensible view of these things....compared with somewhere we all know about.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Definitely.

No need to pay 3000 baht for a PCR test before departing Thailand, with the risk of failing and being sent to a Thai field hospital. The fewer covid tests I have in Thailand, the better.
I might just pack a box of the free lateral flow tests so I can check myself if there are any symptoms.

Then when we arrive in the UK, a day 2 test, which I gather costs under £20 from the cheaper providers.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:32 am It also removes the need for a test before returning to the UK. A BIG plus.
One implication is that a couple more checks are advisable to make sure we benefit from this:
(i) Ensure a test is not required to transit through a third country for indirect flights
(ii) Ensure the airline does not require a test.

I think I've read about some cases of (ii) in the last 12 months, but didn't take much notice when I needed PCR tests anyway. I doubt any airline flying to the UK will be in business for long if they do adopt such a policy.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

"I remember when you took real pride in just getting there."
James Stewart (Frank Towns), 'The Flight of the Phoenix'
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:50 am
gerefan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:32 am It also removes the need for a test before returning to the UK. A BIG plus.
One implication is that a couple more checks are advisable to make sure we benefit from this:
(i) Ensure a test is not required to transit through a third country for indirect flights
(ii) Ensure the airline does not require a test.
Good point was thinking the same.