Huh? What? Proof of vaccination to dine in to be reinstated?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Huh? What? Proof of vaccination to dine in to be reinstated?

Post by Gaybutton »

First, I think it should be noted the only news source I've seen reporting this is the Bangkok Post. I have seen nothing about this elsewhere, at least not yet.

Unless I have misunderstood this article, apparently in the "dark red zones", which includes Bangkok and Pattaya, starting October 1 they are going right back to having to show proof of vaccination to dine in at restaurants, plus requiring it at several more types of venues.

It also says they will require an app called "Thai Save Thai" (all one word: thaisavethai if you're looking to download the app). Slight problem with that. The app is somewhat complex and is entirely in Thai.

Maybe if this does come into effect, the requirement will only affect Thais. If this app is entirely in Thai, I don't see how they can expect foreigners to be able to comply, let alone every time you want to dine in at a restaurant.

I have no idea. And I think neither does whoever came up with this one. For now, your guess is as good as mine - or theirs . . . I'll repeat a question I asked earlier: Is someone paid to continually come up with unnecessary, absurd edicts that can only serve to make things worse than they already are?

If it does come into effect, I'm expecting the restaurants, barber shops and hair salons, beauty clinics and spas to raise holy hell - and there will be yet another addition to my "I Don't Get It" list.

Jab proof for dine-in on Oct 1

6 September, 2021

tarting Oct 1, only those who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have a negative antigen test result will be allowed to dine-in at restaurants and seek out services deemed a high risk for virus transmission in "dark red" provinces, where maximum Covid-19 restrictions apply.

According to the Health Department's director-general, Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, the move is part of the government's push to allow businesses to reopen while the number of Covid-19 cases continues to increase.

Customers will be required to fill in a form detailing their infection risk through the government's "Thai Save Thai" app before entering premises which are considered high-risk venues, which include restaurants, barber shops and hair salons, beauty clinics and spas.

In addition, they will be asked to show their vaccination certificate -- or a negative Covid-19 antigen test result, taken no longer than a week prior -- before entering the premises. Former patients must show records which showed that they have recovered.

Also, business operators must strictly comply with existing provincial regulations, Mr Suwannachai said.

Their staff must be fully vaccinated, comply with social distancing measures, be screened for Covid-19 weekly. Furthermore, every shop must regularly disinfect regularly touched surface every 1-2 hours.

A high efficiency particulate air filter should be installed on AC units, and proper ventilation must be ensured.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-on-oct-1

Bangkokian

Re: Huh? What? Proof of vaccination to dine in to be reinstated?

Post by Bangkokian »

I read elsewhere that this is only a proposal and in another article that the September rules were only an 'experiment'.
T.I.T.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 pm
I read elsewhere that this is only a proposal and in another article that the September rules were only an 'experiment'.
Why am I not surprised? I hope it is only a proposal - and it is a proposal they will actually think through - and drop. I can't figure out why, if all goes well in September, they would even be considering this for October. If that makes any sense, I would appreciate someone explaining to me how it does.

I could kinda-sorta understand if September turns out to be a failure, but early into September, it looks like the rules they already put in place are working. I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise.

I could also just barely understand showing proof of vaccination even if September is a complete success - emphasis on just barely, but the idea of forcing people to use that app, especially since it is entirely in Thai - well, I doubt I need to spell out what I think of that brilliant idea.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is what Asean Now, formerly Thaivisa, has to say.

This article doesn't mention anything about the "Thai Save Thai" app. However, since this may be a requirement, I don't understand why no mention is being made of the fact that the app is entirely in Thai. If there is a way to get an English version, I haven't found it. But even so, it is a bunch of garbage to have to fill out at all, let alone if it is required every time you want to eat in a restaurant. Hopefully it won't be required at all or if it is, it will soon go by the wayside. I don't even know if this would be required of farang.

It is even more confusing now because the article says, "from October 1st at malls and community malls." Does that mean the rule would not apply to restaurants not inside malls? And will someone please tell me the difference between a mall and a community mall?

Like I've said, if you want confusion and uncertainty, all you have to do is go to Thailand - because right now I really don't know what to expect. You folks are reading the same articles I read. For now, you'll have to make your own guesses and draw your own conclusions until we get concrete clarification.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

By webfact

September 6, 2021

Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoejnchai, chief of the Department of Health, told Thai media The Coverage that diners at restaurants will need to be double vaccinated or have an ATK test kit negative result within seven days to eat at restaurants in deep red zones.

The measures will also apply if you want to get a haircut, spa treatment or use a beauty salon.

It'll be part of a three pronged anti-Covid approach from October 1st at malls and community malls.

Customers will have to fill in a form on the "Thai Save Thai" app just to get a bite to eat.

You'll have to show your vaccine status - two jabs - as well. If you've had Covid within the last one to three months you'll need to show proof of that to enter.

The three protocols will be: Covid Free Environment, Covid Free Personnel and Covid Free Customer.

Under the strict regulations businesses must abide by cleaning and clean air protocols and their staff must be vaccinated or have had ATK negative results in 7 days and must refrain from eating or socializing together.

And the protocols for arriving customers must be followed as well as any other guidelines the provincial authorities deem necessary.

Customers can expect to continue to have to experience social distancing, more cashless payment, screens between them and staff and firms must engage in providing cleaning every couple of hours of surfaces and frequent cleaning of air-con units and provide adequate ventilation.

ASEAN NOW notes that businesses are bound to be unhappy about these rules especially having to harbor the cost of ATK tests on staff that they previously said was unsustainable.

Numbers will be limited in malls and in individual restaurants and people may just decide to keep having food delivered for now.

Many restaurants in Bangkok since the restrictions were eased on Wednesday now have diners but patrons have been limited.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1230321-cust ... staurants/

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

These new restrictions are meant for “Dark Red Zones” hopefully Pattaya will no longer be included in this group by October 1.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 pm
hopefully Pattaya will no longer be included in this group by October 1.
Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.

Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

When I received jab #1 of AZ at BHP … on 27 July … I did not receive any kind of certificate of vaccination… only a light green sheet with a bit of info and pre-printed date for jab #2 … 19 October … when I asked the last point of contact as I was leaving, she said mystifyingly that I would get some such when I got jab #2. So I have nothing with a batch number, date of jab, my name and hospital number, etc. Not very confident about getting such on the occasion of jab #2. I wonder if others who are getting jabbed at BHP have received a document/certificate that would be the proof that government is talking about in this thread.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daleinpattaya wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 am
I wonder if others who are getting jabbed at BHP have received a document/certificate that would be the proof that government is talking about in this thread.
I doubt anyone who has received only one jab received anything other than the appointment sheet for the second jab. It isn't going to matter until you get the second jab and will apparently have to prove it.

I'm still trying, unsuccessfully, to figure out why all these new rules and regulations are supposedly going to come into effect in October even if all goes well during September. Unless anyone can explain it, that remains on my "I Don't Get It" list.

ceejay

Post by ceejay »

This information is only of use to Thai residents who have been vaccinated here. After you receive your second shot, the hospital will give you an A4 document headed "THAILAND CERTIFICATE OF COVID-19 VACCINATION". At the top right hand corner of this is a QR code. When scanned, this QR code takes you to an MOPH address which confirms your vaccination status. It includes your passport number, so you can prove it is yours.

You can capture that, or keep an electronic copy of the QR code on your phone. My stamped paper certificate stays at home, locked up.

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:02 am
I wish someone could explain to me the logic of allowing restaurants to operate freely, with the exception of the closing hours, in September, but even if no Covid problems associated with it occur, they still want to impose these rules in October.
I'm dumbfounded by this as well.

I mentioned this to my better-half (Jai), and he thinks it's intended more for Thais than farang - as a way to force them to take the Sinovac vaccine. Apparently, (at least according to him) many Thais are against taking the Chinese vaccine. I wonder if the fact that it doesn't work has anything to do with it...LOL