Huh? What? Proof of vaccination to dine in to be reinstated?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Huh? What? Proof of vaccination to dine in to be reinstated?

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:44 am
Vaccination for Thais (as for for foreigners) is based on age (and other health criteria) and not residency.
I don't know where you're getting that from, but the fact is Thais who were not born in the Chonburi province are still being turned away and told to either go to Bangkok or go to their home province for vaccination. I know what I'm talking about from firsthand knowledge. I am not aware of any changes to that policy.

Up2u wrote:
The problem now is the shortage of vaccines.
No it isn't. There is plenty of vaccine now, mostly Sinovac. See today's Pattaya News for corroboration, 6 minutes in.

See: viewtopic.php?p=105318#p105318

I don't know where the information you are posting as fact is coming from. Please cite your sources.

In my opinion nobody, foreign, Thai, or from Mars, should be turned away if they want to be vaccinated. If Thailand really wants everyone vaccinated, then vaccinate everyone - without making it so difficult for them.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote:
The problem now is the shortage of vaccines.
Over 700,000 people vaccinated in Thailand yesterday according to the Pattaya mail. Continuing at that rate, 70% of the entire Thai population would be vaccinated this year.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:13 pm
Over 700,000 people vaccinated in Thailand yesterday according to the Pattaya mail.
Corroborated by the Pattaya News. See: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/10/r ... -24-hours/

The vaccine situation has changed. Plenty of vaccines now, but as I said mostly Sinovac. The problem now is not a lack of vaccines. I would say perhaps a lack of preferable vaccines, but this is what they have. As I see it, the problem now is jabbing everyone who wants to be vaccinated, which is why I fail to understand this nonsense about how Thais born elsewhere other than the Chonburi province can't get vaccinated here. WHY? That policy needs to change - now. My source of information on this is 3 of my Thai friends who are not from Chonburi being rejected within the past two weeks - and I was with one of them when he was told he either has to return to his home province or get vaccinated in Bangkok.

"Oh yes! Very sensible! These things either go away or eventually they kill you."
- Anthony Hopkins (Dr. Adam Kelno), 'QB VII'

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:51 pm
The vaccine situation has changed. Plenty of vaccines now, but as I said mostly Sinovac. The problem now is not a lack of vaccines. I would say perhaps a lack of preferable vaccines, but this is what they have.
Sinovac is the one with efficacy just over 50%, if I remember correctly.
Thailand also has about 70 million people and I think it's 30m doses of AZN and 30 million doses of Pfizer due by the end of the year. The obvious move would be to offer Sinovac first doses combined with one of the better vaccines for the second dose.

Gaybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:51 pm
As I see it, the problem now is jabbing everyone who wants to be vaccinated, which is why I fail to understand this nonsense about how Thais born elsewhere other than the Chonburi province can't get vaccinated here. WHY? That policy needs to change - now. My source of information on this is 3 of my Thai friends who are not from Chonburi being rejected within the past two weeks - and I was with one of them when he was told he either has to return to his home province or get vaccinated in Bangkok.
This is an incredibly stupid policy. Not only excluding people from vaccination, but encouraging unnecessary travel which is the last thing they should do a present.
I wonder what is behind it ? It does smell like someone is focusing on a KPI above all else.
Are they expecting to fiddle the 70% target for the sandbox by only counting people born in Chonburi ?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:52 pm
Are they expecting to fiddle the 70% target for the sandbox by only counting people born in Chonburi ?
KPI - I had to look up that one.

To address your question, it does seem like that very well could be what they're trying to do. But that doesn't make any more sense than the rest of it. They have enough vaccine for everybody. Wouldn't it make far more sense to vaccinate everyone in Pattaya no matter where they come from, so that the 70% figure would at least be accurate? How does it help anything to fudge on the numbers, especially when any idiot can see what is going on? Why would they do that?

Even if 70% turns out to be accurate, I'm not by any means convinced now we don't have to worry and we can toss the masks into the garbage. When there is an insignificant number of new daily cases, that's when I'll believe Covid has been conquered, no matter what percentage of the population it took to get there.

I gave up, years ago, on trying to make sense out of a lot that happens around here. If someone can explain it, fine. I'm all ears. In the meantime, I can't even make sense out of why I continue to run this board . . .

Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Gaybutton wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:53 pm
Undaunted wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 pm
hopefully Pattaya will no longer be included in this group by October 1.
Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.
AND hopefully the rumours that Thailand might be removed from the UK's traffic light RED zone tomorrow (Thursday the 16th of Oct.).