GB - Why are you not posting about the Bangkok protests?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

GB - Why are you not posting about the Bangkok protests?

Post by Gaybutton »

For 2 reasons:

1. This board will not take sides. Thailand's political turmoil is none of our business. We'll leave that up to the Thais. Think about how you might respond if foreigners living in your own country start involving themselves with your politics. If you choose to involve yourself - and I think all of you have sense enough to keep well away from it - then you're on your own.

2. I have no intention of setting myself up for the police to come knocking on my door, thank you very much. Very sorry, but I will not permit posting about the protests other than if the news directly affects the safety of farang. You will have to look up news about the protests on your own.

The Bangkok Post is covering the protest news quite thoroughly. You can always check at: https://www.bangkokpost.com
Gaybutton

Re: GB - Why are you not posting about the Bangkok protests?

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is news that does directly affect the safety of farang. While I think everyone reading this has sense enough to stay well away from the protests, here are even more reasons to stay away.

Foreigners who join anti-govt protests face deportation and blacklist: Thai police

September 9, 2021

Foreigners in Thailand have been warned to steer clear of anti-government protests and rallies which have been taking place in Bangkok and other areas of the country.

On Wednesday (Sept 8), Pol Maj Gen Piya Tawichai, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) said foreigners who join the protests will be prosecuted and face deportation and would also be blacklisted from Thailand, INN reported.

Pol Maj Gen Tawichai was speaking following the arrest of 195 people who took part in recent demonstrations in Bangkok.

Pol Maj Gen Tawichai added that those who join the protests increase the risk of spreading COVID-19 are in violation of the Emergency Decree and Communicable Disease Control Act.

One of the people arrested was found to be a Cambodian national, which prompted the police to issue the warning to foreigners in Thailand.

Pol Maj Gen Tawichai said that those arrested will be charged with violating the Emergency Decree and Communicable Disease Control Act.

He said that if those arrested are found to be juveniles, their parents also face being prosecuted.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1230863-fore ... ai-police/