Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital Vaccination Announcement

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital Vaccination Announcement

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya in association with the Department of Disease Control and the Thai Ministry of Public Health are offering COVID-19 vaccination services (first dose) to foreign residents in Thailand.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/ ... ts-en.html

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya now offering Covid-19 vaccination services for eligible foreigners

By Adam Judd

13 August 2021

The following is a release from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya from their social media channels.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya in association with the Department of Disease Control and the Thai Ministry of Public Health are offering COVID-19 vaccination services (first dose) to foreign residents in Thailand.

These services are free of charge, with the following criteria:
• Non-Thai national
• Foreign residents aged 60 years and above OR
• Foreign residents (aged over 18): Pregnant women with gestational age at least 12 weeks or over OR
• Foreign residents (aged over 18) who have at least one of the following 7 underlying medical conditions:

Severe chronic respiratory diseases (CRDS)
Coronary artery diseases (CAD)
Chronic kidney disease (CKD, 5th stage)
Cerebrovascular diseases
Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
Diabetes
Obesity (weight > 100 kg. or BMI > 35 kg/m²)
• And have not received any COVID-19 vaccine

Foreign residents vaccination program is set for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only as per details below:

Program 1 every Tuesday
1st dose: AstraZeneca
2nd dose: AstraZeneca

Program 2 every Wednesday
1st dose: SINOVAC
2nd dose: SINOVAC

Program 3 every Thursday
1st dose: SINOVAC
2nd dose: AstraZeneca

Foreign residents who are interested in the program can

Register via https://www.thailandintervac.com/ and choose Bangkok Hospital Pattaya from 16 until 20 August 2021
To specify preferred type of vaccine and select the date
The service location is at Central Festival Pattaya Beach, 6th floor

Registration period: 16 – 20 August 2021
Vaccination period: 1 – 9 September 2021

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/13/b ... oreigners/
thewayhelooks

Re: Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital Vaccination Announcement

Post by thewayhelooks »

I suppose this is one way to get rid of the Sinovac nobody wants. I'd love to know how many farang take up the Sinovac offer.

I got my AZ jab today in Sriracha. From registration to vaccination, 12 days. Excellent, efficient service. I return in 12 weeks for a second AZ jab.
Jun

Post by Jun »

thewayhelooks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 pm I suppose this is one way to get rid of the Sinovac nobody wants. I'd love to know how many farang take up the Sinovac offer.
If Thailand has a shortage of "good " vaccines and IF they still consider the Sinovac as significantly better than nothing, then it would be an obvious move to offer Sinovac as the first dose and either Astra Zeneca or Pfizer as a second dose.
With any luck, this might also reduce the myocarditis risk from Pfizer, which has been far worse after the second dose.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 pm I suppose this is one way to get rid of the Sinovac nobody wants.
"Take two aspirins and call me in the morning." Just as good.

My interpretation from what I read is Sinovac might have been a good choice a year ago, but now is useless against the current variants. I believe you're right about getting rid of it rather than just disposing of it.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 pm
thewayhelooks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 pm I suppose this is one way to get rid of the Sinovac nobody wants. I'd love to know how many farang take up the Sinovac offer.
If Thailand has a shortage of "good " vaccines and IF they still consider the Sinovac as significantly better than nothing, then it would be an obvious move to offer Sinovac as the first dose and either Astra Zeneca or Pfizer as a second dose.
With any luck, this might also reduce the myocarditis risk from Pfizer, which has been far worse after the second dose.
Unfortunately in my part of Isaan it is Sinovac for the first jab followed three weeks later by Astra Zeneca with no other choice.
In my own case early June the local hospital told me to go and register at their offsite clinic in the city. I did this and was given a slip of paper with a date of 28th June written on it.
I went, with my partner, to the vaccination hub on the due date to be told that they didn't have my registration on their computer and that all appointments made at the offsite clinic had been cancelled. (of course it was too much trouble to inform people this had happened).
They then gave me an appointment date of 5th August.
I went along on the 5th August and told them I had specified throughout I wanted AZ and not the Chinese vaccines.
The first Doctor we politely spoke to explaining the UK Government would not accept Sinovac as proof of vaccination was full of his own importance and was not interested, saying the Thai Government would only allow a Sinovac first Astra second jab and take it or nothing.
To provide balance a second Doctor overheard the conversation and came over and said she understood my problem and she would talk to her manager at lunch time to try to get me Astra for the first jab. She phoned us early that afternoon to say sorry she couldn't get permission to get Astra for my first jab and said she strongly recommended me to have Sinovac as it was better than nothing.
So we returned to the vaccination centre and I was jabbed and given a date of 26th August for my second hopefully Astra jab.
I did consider travelling to Bangkok to get Astra but we are seven hours away necessitating an overnight stop and with the travel restrictions, our village headman saying if we came back from Bangkok we would have to quarantine for 14 days and Covid spread in Bangkok decided against it.

Like other posters I'm worried about my partner as there is no indication when he will be able to register.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

My above post is probably better posted on the Covid vaccine thread so I will copy it to there
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

traveller123 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 am I'm worried about my partner as there is no indication when he will be able to register.
Thar is why I am leaving your post in place on this topic as well as the "Covid Vaccine" topic.

I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning. Pattaya has a great many Thais working and living here, but were not born in Pattaya or within the Chonburi province. They were born elsewhere. For that reason they can't get vaccinated in Pattaya. They can go to Bangkok, but can't get the vaccine here. That's great when you don't have money to eat, pay rent, or anything else. And I know of no current public transportation between Pattaya and Bangkok other than taxis, which these people can't possibly afford.

In other words, Pattaya has a lot of people who are not vaccinated, and until it's come one, come all for vaccinations, they have little chance of getting vaccinated. Even all the hundreds of people going to Pattaya's sports stadium for vaccinations, there are still plenty of problems. From what I understand, the people going there are getting only Sinovac or Sinopharm. And again, from what I understand, people who were not born here are being turned away. And that's if they can even get there. Do you know where the sports stadium is? It's on "The Dark Side", around 3 or 4 km east of Sukhumvit. How are these people supposed to get to the sports stadium?

If that makes sense, it escapes me. So much of Pattaya depends on the tourism industry, but won't even think about reopening everything until 70% of the population has been vaccinated. Why, then, are these people excluded? Is it because they can't get enough vaccine for them? That also makes no sense to me. And since they are not considered resident enough to be vaccinated, are they going to be excluded from being counted as part of that 70%. If that happens, then Pattaya saying 70% of the people have been vaccinated won't be true, but will likely be significantly less than 70%.

And I'm still waiting to find out the reasoning behind 70% being the magic number. How did they come up with that? And who came up with that? As far as I can tell, somebody simply made it up.

My "I Don't Get It" list keeps right on growing.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm And I'm still waiting to find out the reasoning behind 70% being the magic number. How did they come up with that? And who came up with that? As far as I can tell, somebody simply made it up.
and you - and many others - will keep waiting, and keep thinking it is just a "magic number" that someone "simply made up" until you make an effort to find and accept useable information from reliable sources and begin to understand how such information is used and often abused by less reliable sources like politicians, the media, and posters on social media, discussion forums and reader comments sections on news web sites!

this is not rocket science, but trying to lead you down this path is certainly a Sisyphean labor so I am sure your "I Don't Get It" list will keep growing
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:19 pm until you make an effort to find and accept useable information from reliable sources
Since obviously you have already made that effort and you know more than everybody else, enlighten me. And while you are enlightening me, don't forget to tell me who those reliable sources are and what makes them reliable. Go ahead, I can hardly wait.

"Sisyphean labor". Wow! You know a big word. I had to look it up. I'm impressed.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Regarding the 70 % issue, here is a very good article on "herd immunity". It is entitled
Herd Immunity: Will We Ever Get There? Published by Yale Medicine.
The estimate for herd immunity ranges from 70% to 90%+.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/herd-immunity