Keeping substantial amounts of money in a Thai bank account? Better read this.

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Keeping substantial amounts of money in a Thai bank account? Better read this.

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:40 pm I have no idea about Thailand.
Considering how just about everything else works in Thailand, I do have an idea. I just hope none of us will ever have to find out the hard way.
ceejay

Re: Keeping substantial amounts of money in a Thai bank account? Better read this.

Post by ceejay »

I have for some time kept accounts at more than one bank for a different reason. It limits your exposure if your account is hacked.
whitedesire

Post by whitedesire »

Erm, my take on this, very well thought out and stating that 98 odd per cent. It is quite possible that due to Covid and the drain on a country's resources financially, it's going to have a adverse affect on the respective country's finances, might not be this minute. Very strange that they have done this and cut it so drastically, something spooky going on here. Albeit, it's not now that matters, it's when Covid is over and they start counting the pennies!!!
Jun

Post by Jun »

I wouldn't think Thailand will run out of money during the pandemic, as long as they carry on vaccinating at over 400,000 per day and end restrictions later in the year.
Over $200bn in foreign exchange reserves should assist for a while.
https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/t ... e-reserves
whitedesire

Post by whitedesire »

WOW, that's a lot more than the UK's £90 ish million, but not as much as China's 3.1 trillion, and not as much my zillions lol.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

whitedesire wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:05 am WOW, that's a lot more than the UK's £90 ish million
i think you mean billion. I certainly hope so. :D