Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Beginning Tuesday July 20 Restaurants Only Takeaway & Delivery

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thewayhelooks

Re: Beginning Tuesday July 20 Restaurants Only Takeaway & Delivery

Post by thewayhelooks »

This headline implies all restaurants will be takeaway or delivery from Tuesday. Is this correct? If so, what is the source or this information please?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/ ... T_0001.PDF

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/ ... T_0006.PDF

thewayhelooks: Go to eat in a restaurant Tuesday and let us know how you did!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Just what we need - more confusion. So far, to me this appears to apply only to Patrick's Steak House and has nothing to do with anything mandated. To me this looks like it is his own decision based on his restaurant's financial problems, although the statement certainly could have been better worded.

If there is anything to this, I can't find anything about it in the media - yet. That doesn't mean further restaurant restrictions won't happen, but the fact is as of 12:45pm there is no mention of any such order in the media. I also copied and pasted the two PDF files noted in Undaunted's response into Google Translate and both mainly are saying that the emergency decree needs to be complied with, but I saw nothing mentioning anything about further restaurant restrictions.

I suppose we'll find out Tuesday, but I believe Undaunted is mistaken and misinterpreted the statement from Patrick's. As far as I can tell no such mandate exists.

I will leave this topic in place for the time being in case the one misinterpreting things turns out to be me. If on July 20 restaurants are still permitted to be open for dining-in, I will just delete this topic.

Bear in mind, folks, it hasn't been that long since restaurants indeed were ordered to cease dining-in and had to go to take-away or delivery only. The way things are going, don't be surprised if such an order does come down, whether it would apply to July 20 or any future date.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

No confusion here; just had lunch at my regular restaurant beside Tukcom, they said tomorrow will be the last day for eat in dinning but Tuesday they will be open for pickup and local delivery only!
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Does this help clarify things?

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/c ... s-morning/

Nothing as yet from City Hall in Pattaya but I think we have a fair guide to what will happen. I was first alerted by a message from Mark at Hemingways who said his place was closing Tuesdays.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, my interpretation is the one that was wrong. The only thing I got right was the last sentence of my post above: "Bear in mind, folks, it hasn't been that long since restaurants indeed were ordered to cease dining-in and had to go to take-away or delivery only. The way things are going, don't be surprised if such an order does come down, whether it would apply to July 20 or any future date."

I'm not surprised it has come to this, but I am a bit surprised it is this soon.

Now the media does indeed say that not only will it be take-away only - and I'm sure you can still have food delivered - but even all that stops at 8:00pm. If you're ordering food delivery, you'll need to find out what time your restaurant of choice will stop accepting orders. Don't forget, the delivery drivers have to make it back to their rooms by 9:00pm like everybody else.

Part of the article says:
The Pattaya News wrote:No dine-in policy in restaurants. Food must be for takeaway only. Restaurants, including food carts, must be closed at 8:00 PM.
I have placed the full article on the "The Latest Covid Restrictions" topic. See: viewtopic.php?p=104724#p104724

One aspect of this is why? I fail to see the logic of prohibiting dining-in. Even under the strict rules gatherings of up to 5 people are still going to be allowed. What difference does it make if they do that gathering in restaurants? I usually eat with fewer than 5 people anyway. Every restaurant I've been to fully complies with the rules and I know of no Covid cases that have been traced back to restaurants. The way I see it, the only thing being accomplished by this is needlessly putting a lot of people out of work - again.

Guess what the next item is for my "I Don't Get It" list . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:17 pm I'm sure you can still have food delivered - but even all that stops at 8:00pm. If you're ordering food delivery, you'll need to find out what time your restaurant of choice will stop accepting orders. Don't forget, the delivery drivers have to make it back to their rooms by 9:00pm like everybody else.
The article notes that the restrictions were published in the Royal Gazette. So, in essence, the order has come down. When published in the Royal Gazette, it is the Law. It fully applies once published. The Chonburi Governor can make further restrictions, but has no authority to be less restrictive.

I fully agree with GB's advice to order delivery in sufficient time the food can be prepared, delivered, and the driver return to their abode before 9pm.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Restaurant closures make sense at this time because we are dealing with the delta variant. My gym will be closing. I just dropped off my IMAC at Central Festival for repair so there's no telling when I will get it back.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/t ... med-cases/

There are many restaurants listed and you can see previous editions of TIMELINE using the search feature.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:38 pm Restaurant closures make sense at this time
Not to me. The figures show people who already had Covid were in a few of the restaurants. That doesn't mean the restaurants are where they got it. There are plenty of places people can contract Covid besides restaurants. Closing all restaurants for dining-in doesn't make sense to me, especially since every restaurant I've been to complies with the rules more stringently than most other places I go.

However, that is what they are doing and we don't know for how long.