Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Chonburi - Pattaya's province - is now a "Dark Red Zone"

Post by Gaybutton »

For details, see the July 17 "Headline News": viewtopic.php?p=104705#p104705
Gaybutton

Re: Chonburi - Pattaya's province - is now a "Dark Red Zone"

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is what the lockdown means to you. First, we are being told the lockdown will end Monday, August 2. I hope so, but I believe this will last much longer than that. We shall see.'

In the meantime, if you are in Pattaya, here are the rules you have to live by until further notice, along with the possibility that the rules may become more strict:
___________________________________________________________________________________

Chonburi Governor releases new provincial orders for change to maximum control/dark red zone

By Adam Judd

19 July 2021

The Chonburi Governor released through their public relations accounts tonight, July 19th, 2021, new orders around closures, measures, and restrictions as the province becomes a “Dark Red” zone.

First, get caught up on the general dark red zone rules by reading this here: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/18/c ... s-morning/

Now that you have refreshed your memory on the overall dark red zone rules, let’s get into the specifics of the Chonburi order released around 11:00 P.M. tonight. These are effective from tomorrow, July 20th, 2021 until further notice:

-Leaving your home without permission (such as work like law enforcement or medical) or a medical emergency between 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. is prohibited. Law enforcement will be out looking for people violating this rule, high fines, and possible jail time for those who break this rule. (curfew)

-During all other hours one should refrain from leaving home except for essentials such as work that cannot be done from home, food, medicine, doctor appointments, pharmacy visits, items needed for life, etc. This is not a hard ban like overnight, but one should limit leaving their home if at all possible.

-One may be required to show the Thai Chana application at checkpoints, which will be throughout the province and especially around interprovincial borders.

-If one needs to travel, especially from province to province, they should have documentation showing the trip is urgent and needed (like a vaccination appointment, or embassy appointment confirmation.)

-Checkpoints, as stated, will be placed throughout the province, especially to stop the transportation of migrant workers without permission and to discourage travel. Travel is not banned, per se, but must be done for essentials only.

-Entertainment venues, bars, clubs, karaoke, gentlemen clubs, soapie massages, etc. (Have already been closed for three and a half months)

-Fish, chicken, bullfighting fields, legal gambling establishments (also already closed for months)

-Cinemas, theaters (same as above)

-Snookers, billiards, bowling, skating, similar places (same as above)

-arcades, amusement parks indoor and outdoor

-places for celebrations and parties, conference centers, banquet halls, etc (Remember, a limit to only 5 people)

-nurseries/eldercare centers (except overnight places)

-amulet markets

-All types of massage shops, including foot massages, health establishments, weight loss clinics (Sorry folks massage wise, had lots of questions on this)

-Spas, beauty clinics, salons, including in private hospitals, tattoo shops (They didn’t specifically say barbershop, just said places for beauty, we advise owners of these establishments to check with local authorities)

-Gyms, fitness centers, indoor sports stadiums (another popular question, sorry folks.)

-In-person learning at schools remain closed

Can open with restrictions:

-Game and internet cafes from 4:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.

-Swimming pool, water park can open from 4:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. No alcohol. (Another popular one. Pools can stay open! Keep in mind some condos may choose to close them and this would be a juristic office decision.)

-Amulet centers and small shops (not markets) can open from 4:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.

-Restaurants, food carts, convenience stores, food vendors, food courts, canteens can open until 8:00 P.M. NO DINE-IN. TAKE AWAY/DELIVERY ONLY. No alcohol. (Canteens in hospitals overnight can stay open for hospital staff/patients only)

-Public parks, outdoor sports stadiums, places for outdoor exercise are open until 8:00 P.M. (Yes, exercise is essential and a reason to go outside.)

-Malls, Department stores can open only for supermarkets, drugstores, and vaccination areas. (There is some question here about restaurants in malls, but they are not allowed to dine in regardless. Please check with the city call center at 1337 or mall management if you are not sure.)

-Hospitals, clinics, drugstores, local shops, financial businesses, banks, communication businesses, pet food stores, hardware stores, gas stations, post offices, and other shops that are essential including delivery can open.

-Markets, Convenience stores are open from 4:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.

-Hotels and exhibition centers can open, however, no dining-in and no meetings/conferences.

-There were NO references to golf courses, fishing parks, or the beach. It is “assumed” they may be able to open as a result but we STRONGLY advise checking with the city call center and authorities at 1337 if you are an owner or the venue you are interested in visiting if you are a customer in advance. As for beaches, as they were not named it appears they remain open at this time with current rules, such as no alcohol, in place.

Once again, if you don’t see your business listed and are not sure, please call the city call center at 1337 and double-check with them. Take care and stay safe.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/19/c ... -red-zone/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

We all have our own different lifestyles. How do these lockdown rules and restrictions affect YOU? I think many of us would like to know how others are coping with this.

For me, the only real effect will be unable to dine-in at my favorite restaurant or eat with friends. For me, it's going to be cook at home or order from one of the delivery services.

YouTube has plenty of cooking and recipe videos. My personal favorite is Chef John's "Food Wishes" videos. See: https://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes -and- https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/

Other than that, I don't see any change to my lifestyle at all. I'll hardly notice it.

That's me. What about YOU?
Ruthrieston

Post by Ruthrieston »

I am confused about the banks inside the shopping centres such as Central Festival. During the previous lockdown the banks were open inside these centres but there is some indication they must close this time around. Anyone have clearer information on this?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

No real change in my lifestyle since April as I have stayed home except for essential trips, e.g., doctors' appointments & some grocery shopping at Villa Market on Sukhumvit (usually on my way home to Jomtien from an appointment at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya).

The only dining out has been to have breakfast at Back Fabrik on Jomtien 2 road on my once a month trip for a haircut. I will miss that if the ban on dining-in continues longer than the estimated 2 weeks which I think it will.

Back Fabric is also a German bakery and has bakery goods plus some other items for sale which I get during my visit to take home - bread, coffee (beans are ground by them if requested), and precooked Schnitzel and meatballs. They also have condiments, cold cuts, salads, etc. available.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:09 am They also have condiments, cold cuts, salads, etc. available.
By any chance do they have corned beef or pastrami? I can't find decent of either anywhere.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 am By any chance do they have corned beef or pastrami? I can't find decent of either anywhere.
Sorry GB, they do not have either of those two items.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 am
We all have our own different lifestyles. How do these lockdown rules and restrictions affect YOU? I think many of us would like to know how others are coping with this.
My biggest challenge during this entire 18 month nightmare is not being able to make my annual visits home to visit family members, or host my daughters annual visits to see me here in Thailand. Regardless of the quarantine status on both sides of the ocean, traveling for 27 hours on 3 airplanes (one-way) presents too much risk of catching the virus. My daughter and I agree that it's best for both of us to just wait this thing out.

We now use Skype for our more frequent commuinications so we can see each other, and get the kids in on the act as well. This helps a lot.

Other than that, I consider myself fortunate to be residing in Bang Saray during this mess. Even with the current lockdown restrictions the beach and fitness park remain open to residents, and Jai and I never go out late at night anyway. There hasn't been a single reported case of covid among Bang Saray residents since this pandemic started - so we feel safe.

We do a lot more cooking at home now, and only go to the local markets in the wee early morning hours to avoid the crowds. I zoom around the bay to Pattaya on my motorbike several times a week to meet friends for our coffee chat on Soi Yensabai, which is a long-standing tradition. I also stop over at Villa Market once a week to pick up a few things that I can't find in Bang Saray. I get there right at 9:00 AM when they open the doors and it's always empty inside.

Many of my farang friends have been stranded back in their home countries since this thing started and I really miss seeing them. Nothings the same anymore. It's kinda like deja Vu... :?

Cheers