Vaccinations for French Nationals

Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Vaccinations for French Nationals

Post by thewayhelooks »

French nationals over the age of 55 living in Thailand will soon be able to be vaccinated against Covid 19 in a campaign organised by the French Embassy in Bangkok.
The ambassador, M Thierry Mathou, said today (Tuesday) the vaccine would be the Janssen single dose vaccine from Johnson and Johnson, which has been approved for use in France and Thailand. He said neither of the two vaccines currently available in Thailand - Astra Zeneca and Sinovac - had been approved in France.

Mr Mathou said eight vaccination centers will be opened in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Ko Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Udon Thani.
The dates of the campaign and the designated hospitals involved will soon be available on the embassy website.

Statement (hopefully the translated version) https://th-ambafrance-org.translate.goo ... to=ajax,sc
windwalker

Re: Vaccinations for French Nationals

Post by windwalker »

Bravo!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

A friend sent me an email about his recent visit to Central Festival
while at the Festival Center last night, we found the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital setting up what looks like a vaccine administration area at the Beach Road end of the 6th floor. They have taken over several vacant shop rooms and installed chairs, and at least one large TV set in what must be a waiting area for about 50 people, and a vaccination area in the next room.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya - from their Facebook page yesterday:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

And the USA and UK have plenty of excuses why they can't do the same. Again, why am I not surprised?
Jun

Post by Jun »

UK nationals overseas don't pay UK taxes, so I see no reason why they should expect the UK taxpayer to organize their vaccination.
The USA of course requires its citizens to pay taxes, so is different.
Comparing the systems, I'm quite happy with the UK system where we have the option of emigrating & escaping both the tax system and most of the benefits provided by it. A nice little safeguard in case we get a greedy 1970s style Labour government.

Generally, governments ensure medical care is provided within their own countries and not globally. So that is what you should expect.

What both the US and UK governments should do is ensure countries which are taking American & British vaccines tries are not discriminating against American and British citizens during the roll out of the vaccines.
There is lots of talk of this, but if there is any clear evidence of it happening, then it's time to start lobbying your embassy, alerting newspapers to the issue and so on.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:30 pm Generally, governments ensure medical care is provided within their own countries and not globally.
Generally, yes. But in this case we're talking about a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people. I'd say it's time for an exception.

In my opinion, any country capable of vaccinating its citizens against Covid, whether domestically or internationally, but doesn't and instead comes up with excuses - that's a country that ought to hang its head in shame.