Thai driving license - the latest - good news and nightmare news

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Thai driving license - the latest - good news and nightmare news

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:39 pm
Yes.....was able ..............
That is going to save you a great deal of hassle.

Don't forget you will need the medical certificate.

I suggest on the day you go to get the license, get to the land transport office no later than 7:00am - and I mean no later. They don't open the doors until 8:00am, but believe me, you'll know why I'm saying that, and you'll probably know by 7:10am.

Gaybutton

Re: Thai driving license - the latest - good news and nightmare news

Post by Gaybutton »

In Pattaya do you need to renew or obtain a driving license? Sorry - until further notice you ain't gettin' one.

My guess is, same as last time, if your current license is about to expire, it remains valid until the Land Transport Office reopens.

Department of Land Transport suspends most in-person services in Chonburi, other maximum control provinces

By Adam Judd

20 July 2021

The Department of Land Transport, or DLT, has announced they have suspended most in-person services in the thirteen maximum control provinces, including Chonburi, home of Pattaya, to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. This also includes the Bangkok area and most surrounding provinces.

Specific services suspended, amongst others, are driver’s license renewals, issuing, registration, in-person tests, and more.

Training for renewing driver’s licenses will be online only, according to the DLT.

Tax payments for vehicles will be online or drive-through online, the DLT added.

The notice is effective immediately, July 20th, 2021, until further notice.

Non-maximum control zones will operate according to provincial governor orders, the DLT concluded.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/20/d ... provinces/