Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Covid vaccine

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning I was in Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. As you know, farang can start registering for the vaccine at designated hospitals beginning June 7.

While I was there I asked how to go about registering. They said we will be able to register on their web site.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/

It will not be necessary to go personally to the hospital to register or register by phone. They said their web site will be the way to do it.

They also said not to be upset if their web site is not yet ready to accept registrations by June 7. They hope to have everything ready by then, but if not it should be ready within just a few days later.

I do not know if any other hospitals in Pattaya will be available for registering for the vaccine.

I am guessing that most good hospitals in Thailand will also be accepting registration on their web sites. I suggest checking with your hospital, wherever it is, if nothing appears on their web site within a few days after June 7.

Supposedly there will be a list of which hospitals will be designated to administer the vaccine to foreigners. If such a list becomes available, of course it will be posted on this topic.
Gaybutton

Re: Registering for Covid vaccine at hospitals

Post by Gaybutton »

A friend sent an inquiry to Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital about registering for the vaccine.

This is the reply he received:
Thank you for contacting Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

In response to your inquiry, please be informed that the service for COVID-19 vaccination for foreigners is not yet available in our facility.

The government has released news about vaccine registration for expats and foreigners but there is still no designation of the vaccine quota in Chonburi province. Consequently, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is unable to make official reservations.

We will officially notify you when the government grants our license.
At the moment, we can only include you on a list to be contacted via e-mail once our service for vaccination is made available.
Why am I not surprised?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Again, no surprise. So far nothing about registering on the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital web site that I can find and I have not been able to find any other local or near local hospitals offering registration.

However, on their web site Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital does advertise Covid testing:
How to stop worrying and live your life with confidence, Screening Test Covid-19 RT-PCR (includes doctor fee and hospital service charge), available from 1 January to 31 June 2021
I'm glad you can get a screening test up to 31 June. Last time I checked, there are only 30 days in June, but welcome to Thailand . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Again, no surprise. So far nothing about registering on the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital web site that I can find and I have not been able to find any other local or near local hospitals offering registration.
The Pattaya City Expats Club Newsletter sent out this morning also notes that BHP's website has no information on the availability of registration as well as the websites for other Pattaya private hospitals.

Someone sent me a link to a Ministry of Public Health's Dept of Disease Control's registration website where one can register -- BUT, it currently shows the following:
Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 3:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.
It also lists several hospitals designated to provide vaccinations - it shows the following for these hospitals:
COVID-19 Vaccination locations

MedPark Hospital (Available Now)
3333 Rama IV Rd., Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok
Vimut Hospital (Available Now)
500, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,Bangkok
Phyathai 2 Hospital (Available Now)
943, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,Bangkok
Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
301 Moo 6 Sukhumvit Rd., Km.143, Nakluea,Banglamung, Chonburi
Bangrak Vaccination and Health Center
9 South Sathorn Rd.,Yannawa,Sathorn,Bangkok
I have added red text to show where they say that registration is currently available WHICH is not shown for BHP. Also, it currently shows registration is available for those 60+ or with certain underlying diseases, which was the requirement for those registering prior to 7 June 2021. Perhaps their update, that they anticipate being ready by or after 3pm today, will show it is open to all.

At any rate, it may at some point be a place where one can register for getting the vaccination at BHP -- here is the link to the site: http://thailandintervac.com/
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Still no registration for private jabs yet.
Email from Samitivej last night.

Greetings from Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.

We regret to inform you that currently we are not open for registration and COVID vaccine is not available at our hospital at this moment.

We still do not have information on exactly when, which vaccine(s) will be available to us, how many doses we will be able to procure, or what the price of each dose will be at this point in time. When the information becomes clearer, we will be sure to keep you updated with the details.

We thank you for your understanding and patience in the matter very much.

Best regards,

Thanarat Pichetsuntorn
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Well, some progress -- maybe.
I followed a link (forget where from) that took me to a site where I could register online. Oh, it's called intervac. http://www.thailandintervac.com Amongst other things it lists there, vaccines (2 available now and 2 not).
COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Updated on June 6th,2021
Sinovac (Available)
AstraZeneca (Available)
Johnsons & Johnsons
Moderna

On completing the form, I got this confirmation:

VACCINE BOOKING INFORMATION
Date
01 JAN 1970

Place
-

Time
Status
Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]

Make of that what you will.

As an aside, the spokesman on the CCSA daily bulletin just said that from today it is not possible for 'walk-in' registrations..

Wait and see I suppose.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The site I mentioned for registration is apparently now available for use.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:30 pm The site I mentioned for registration is apparently now available for use.
Yes, please see my response above.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Seems to me the short version of all this is unless you register for 1 of 2 vaccine choices at 1 of 3 hospitals in Bangkok, we're not getting registered any time soon and we're not getting vaccinated any time soon.

From what I'm reading is the delay is, for whatever reasons, the hospitals other than those 3 in Bangkok can't get the vaccines just yet.

The promises we've been getting about the vaccines and registering - I don't know about you, but in my opinion we might as well just disregard them. We'll get vaccinated when we get vaccinated - if we all don't die of something else first . . .
Maple

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Maple »

I tried to register at ThailandIntervac.com. It did not work.