Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:09 pm From what I've been reading, the hospital capacities are already far exceeded. Isn't that why even field hospitals aren't enough and they are now establishing "hospitels"?
You're right - the hospitals are over capacity right now, but that's because 70% of the population hasn't been vaccinated yet. Thus the reason for the protests in Bangkok.

Here we are; Every farang expat I know has got the first jab of a good vaccine - and the Thais are left sitting on a cold rock with the government trying to force-feed them Sinovac. All I can say is I'm glad I don't live in Bangkok right now.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:55 pm Here we are; Every farang expat I know has got the first jab of a good vaccine - and the Thais are left sitting on a cold rock with the government trying to force-feed them Sinovac.
How true!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 pm as far as I can tell 70% does not give herd immunity.
Uh-oh! Wait 'til bkkguy sees this . . .
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:41 pm
Jun wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 pm as far as I can tell 70% does not give herd immunity.
Uh-oh! Wait 'til bkkguy sees this . . .
give it a rest GB - I am not shocked or disturbed by this at all as I have never said it does, I have just said it is not a "magic number", and that someone has not "just made it up" and I have left it to others to comment on how this figure may or may not still be relevant to the situation in Thailand or elsewhere, and perhaps for you to try to figure out how and why this figure is being used as it is by the authorities here

if you want to keep flogging a dead horse about things that you don't understand while trying to put words into my mouth then I will refer to my last post on the other thread - better to keep bashing yourself on your head with your iron fist!
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:20 pm better to keep bashing yourself on your head with your iron fist!
Yeah, you're right.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Bumrungrad has just open prepaid appointments for the Moderna vaccine. They are calling it " Alternative COVID 19 Vaccine Second Lot" I guess this refers to the first lot having been booked. It's only 1650B for one dose.

For those who have had two AZ vaccines and want a single shot booster Moderna around 4 months latter this should work out or, if you've had one AZ and want the second to be Moderna

Appointments are all after October but with a disclaimer pending delivery of supply.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/packages/moderna

The site crashes every now and then but I did manage to book my booster for November. I've had two AZ already and and want to do a Moderna booster.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:53 pm The site crashes every now and then but I did manage to book my booster for November. I've had two AZ already and and want to do a Moderna booster.
Thank you for sharing that.
I've had 2 AZ in the UK and my first choice for a booster would also be Moderna. That's for the benefit of mixing and good vaccine performance, at least in the short term.
Had I received 2 mRNA vaccines, I would prefer AZ as a booster.

So if I'm in Thailand before being offered a booster OR if I don't like the booster offered in the UK, it's good to see private options appearing in Thailand.

One question. Their website says "The date and time of your vaccination is determined by the hospital". However, do they actually give you a choice of times when booking ?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:21 pm One question. Their website says "The date and time of your vaccination is determined by the hospital". However, do they actually give you a choice of times when booking ?
I picked a date in November and was told that they will send an email before the date to confirm. I picked a date but not a time.

There's a new vaccination center at Bumrungrad on the 10th floor of the clinic building.

Over at Phyathai2 hospital where I got shot one and two AZ there's a new huge vaccination center in building B, floor 5, the entire 5th floor.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 pm I assume your injection was AstraZeneca. Where did you get your injection? Bang Sue?
Yes AZ. I got it in the UK.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattaya is going to vaccinate 30,000 people this weekend - with you guessed it - Sinopharm.

Anyone care to tell me again all about how Pattaya is going to achieve herd immunity?

30,000 Pattaya citizens will get vaccinated this weekend

By Jetsada Homklin

August 24, 2021

Pattaya on Aug. 30-31 will administer its first 30,000 Sinopharm vaccine doses it purchased in hopes of reopening the city to foreign tourism Oct. 1.

Those who preregistered for the coronavirus vaccine from state-run China National Pharmaceutical Group will be notified on the place and time for their inoculation.

Pattaya purchased 100,000 doses of BBIBP-CorV – commonly referred to as Sinopharm – from importer Chulabhorn Royal Academy when the central government failed to supply the city with the 950,000 vaccine doses it needed to reopen by Sept. 1.

That reopening date has now been postponed indefinitely due to the area’s raging Covid-19 outbreak, but business leaders hope it will be possible by October.

The city certainly received good news Tuesday when the Chonburi reported 816 new coronavirus cases, with 148 of them found in Banglamung District, which includes Pattaya. It was first the time daily cases have totaled less than 1,000 in weeks.

Mayor Sonthaya Kunplome said the goal is to reopen the city in time for the Russian tourism season. Last week, Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration added Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine to its list of vaccines approved for international tourists with an eye toward attracting Russians to Phuket’s “sandbox” now and later to Pattaya.

In 2019, Pattaya drew 9.4 million domestic and international tourists, with 1.1 million coming from Russia, second only to the 2.7 million Chinese.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... end-368938