Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:24 am
Undaunted wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 am Anyone 18+ can now register for AstraZenica
I think it should be noted that the registration is only for receiving the vaccine in Bangkok at Bang Sue.
It also should be noted that this is a great opportunity for many that did not have a chance to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine before!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

A friend whom I haven’t spoke with in a while called me today he said he went for his appointment with a friend who didn’t have an appointment…..they asked his friend if he had any medical conditions he said he had some heart trouble they sent him to the cardiologist who gave hike a note….hence he got the vaccine at BPH.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:18 am
From a very recent article:
It has been reported on social media that there are large crowds at the Bang Sue site, but the Health Minister cleared up the matter by saying it was just an issue of “camera angles or whatever”.
Glad he got that cleared up! :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning I received the first AstraZeneca dose, and I got it right here in Pattaya at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. No need to go to Bang Sue for me.

Here's how I did it: Yesterday, on the advice of one of our board members (I don't know if he would want me to say who), I went to the hospital's web site, clicked on Contact Us, and sent a message requesting the vaccine. I stated my age, gave them my hospital number, and the names of my doctors.

This morning, about 10:00am, I received a call from the hospital saying if I come now, I can get the injection. They only accept people up to 11:00am. I was instructed to make sure I bring my passport - the real passport, not a copy.

They said to go to the car park building, go to the ground floor, and where the elevator is I will see everything going on. So, right there I told a staff member I had received the call. There was a large crowd of people, mostly Thais, but they were taking farang immediately. The first thing they did was check my temperature. Then I was sent to a room where they have you fill out a questionnaire - quite simple.

Once you're done with that, you get sent to a computer station where they make a copy of the passport, give you paperwork, and give you an appointment slip for the next injection. For me that will be October 22.

Now you get sent to another room where they take your blood pressure. If your blood pressure is normal, you get sent to yet another room where you finally get the injection.

Once you get the injection, now you get sent to one last room where they have you wait 30 minutes to make sure you're not having any problems.

I had no problems of any kind - no pain or anything. I didn't even feel anything as the injection was being administered.

All well, and that was all there was to it. I arrived at the hospital at 10:30am and was out by 12:30pm.

Next question: How much did it cost? Answer: Nothing. It was absolutely free.

So, now I'm doubly glad I did not give in to the pressure of people telling me I must go to Bangkok and get the injection at Bang Sue. I got it right here in Pattaya, at a reputable hospital, and all it took was sending them the request message. I suggest if you are local to Pattaya you do the same.

If you got your initial injection in Bangkok, I don't know if you'll be able to get the second dose here at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, but I'd say it would be worth a try contacting them and asking.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

GB glad to hear this, but just maybe you gave into some pressure not to wait for another vaccine other than AstraZeneca .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm GB glad to hear this, but just maybe you gave into some pressure not to wait for another vaccine other than AstraZeneca .
That pretty much sums it up.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:42 pm This morning I received the first AstraZeneca dose, and I got it right here in Pattaya at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. No need to go to Bang Sue for me.
Congratulations.

If you wake up a bit tired tomorrow, don't worry, this tends to only last less than a day.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:03 pm If you wake up a bit tired tomorrow, don't worry
I won't. I doubt I'll even realize it. That's how I wake up every day. Of course I've reached the age at which I'm happy if I wake up at all . . .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For Thais, yes. For Americans? We already know the answer to that one, don't we?

I particularly like the article's last line: "We will not abandon you in your time of need."
Right. Just feel free to abandon your own citizens - you know - the ones who pay their taxes but reap hardly any benefits?

It certainly is comforting to know that American expats are getting help from the Thai government, but none whatsoever from our own government. I enjoy reading your lame, carefully worded excuses, though.

One question for you, Mr. Chargé d'Affaires with the fancy job title and high salary (why do I think it is six figures?) - paid for with my taxes: Have you been fully vaccinated? And if yes, with which vaccine?
Wait a minute. Don't tell me. Let me guess . . .

US 'here for Thais in time of need'

US Chargé d' Affaires on why deep cooperation is key to tackling Covid-19

by Anucha Charoenpo

July 30, 2021

The first batch of 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses donated by the US is scheduled to arrive in Thailand on Friday under a US government (USG) Covid-19 assistance programme. Michael Heath, Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Thailand, answered written questions, asking him about US support for Covid-19 vaccine distribution.

What is the US's main policy for helping Thailand with vaccine distribution and other measures to fight Covid-19?

The US is proud to donate 1.5 million safe and effective Pfizer vaccine doses to the people of Thailand. These vaccines are scheduled to arrive on July 30. We are also proud to confirm the US will provide an additional one million vaccine doses to Thailand -- on top of the doses that will arrive on July 30 -- for a total of 2.5 million doses.

We went through a terrible experience with Covid-19 during the past year and lost many lives. We now see our friends in Thailand enduring hardship, and we want to do everything we can to help you save lives and recover from this outbreak.

The US is helping lead the world out of this pandemic, building a world that is safer and more secure against the threat of infectious disease.

Our vaccines do not come with strings attached. Simply put, our goal is to save lives and put an end to this pandemic. But we know that none of us are safe until all of us are safe. As such, we are happy to hear that the Thai government has committed to distributing these vaccines equitably to all residents and prioritising those most at risk.

We have stood in solidarity with Thais by providing Covid-19 assistance since the start of the outbreak. For over 60 years, the US and Thailand have worked together to address critical issues affecting public health. This vaccine dose donation is our latest effort to help Thailand recover from this devastating global pandemic.

We have also donated ventilators, respirators, surgical masks, goggles, and other protective equipment to Thai doctors and nurses and provided assistance to support refugees in border camps.

Apart from the 1.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, are there any more Covid-19 vaccines that the US will donate to Thailand or help it procure more vaccines from US companies?

We are working hard on getting more vaccines for Thailand. The US is committed to donating additional doses to nations in need as supply becomes available. I am not able to speculate on procurement since those deals are made between the Thai government and private pharmaceutical companies.

This is a unique moment in history, and it highlights American leadership. We will continue to do all we can to build a world that is safer and more secure against the threat of infectious disease.

In sharing Covid-19 vaccine doses, the US seeks to maximise and equitably share the number of vaccine doses available with the greatest number of countries. We would like to see those vaccines distributed to those who are most at-risk within countries, particularly health care workers on the front lines, the elderly, and people with underlying medical conditions. I am happy to see that Thai health officials share these priorities.

Aside from donating vaccines, we are committed to standing with the Thai government and its people until we overcome this pandemic together. We will continue to find ways to strengthen our health partnership.

How will the US share lessons it has learned in fighting Covid-19? In the US cases have started to decline and some states have begun to live a normal life.

I'm proud to say that US and Thai health partners have been sharing lessons learned for over 60 years. It is a two-way street. As we learn more about Covid-19 variants and generate more data about treatment and vaccine science, we will pass on information. Fortunately, we already have the mechanisms in place. Our US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention office (CDC) here in Bangkok works side-by-side with Thai scientists and health experts at the Public Health Ministry.

You may have heard that our Thai and American soldier-scientists at the Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (AFRIMS) are doing research together to test a new Covid-19 mRNA vaccine being developed by Chulalongkorn University researchers. Our USAID (US Agency for International Development) colleagues work directly with Thais and provide technical assistance where it is needed most, including strengthening diagnostic and testing capacity for at-risk communities.

The Thai government says it has signed agreements with Pfizer and Moderna for vaccines. Is it possible for the US to help broker negotiations with other vaccine companies to bring more vaccines to Thailand?

We are thrilled to see that these safe and effective mRNA vaccines are helping to bring an end to this global pandemic. The US is working with US vaccine manufacturers to scale vaccine production for the world. We are also investing in local vaccine production, working with partners including investment entities, pharmaceutical companies, and other manufacturers. These efforts include a Quad Vaccine Partnership between the US, India, Japan, and Australia that is committed to expanding local production for at least one billion safe and effective doses of Covid-19 vaccines in 2021 and 2022.

Do you have any suggestions for the Thai government in fighting Covid-19?

All governments, including Thailand and the US, will come away from this experience with an incredible amount of data and with lessons learned about how to prevent and respond to future pandemics.

Those governments that are transparent and open to learning will be the ones that have the best chance of preventing future outbreaks. Our deep health cooperation with Thailand, including science, education, and technical exchanges, will play a strong role in our victory over Covid-19, and the next pandemic.

The US believes in a multilateral approach to global health security, which is why we support the WHO (World Health Organization) plan for its Phase 2 study into the origins of the virus, which commits to ensuring these studies are scientific, transparent, expert-led, and free from interference. To deal with this pandemic -- and the next one -- we need global cooperation and transparency.

What do you think about the Thai government's handling of Covid-19 measures and vaccination programme?

I applaud the work which Thai doctors, nurses, public health officials, and others are doing to help defeat Covid-19. The US has incredibly strong health partnerships with Thailand, and my CDC, AFRIMS, and USAID teams are fortunate to work side-by-side with these heroic Thai doctors, nurses, and health workers.

No government is immune from criticism during this historically unprecedented pandemic, including my own.

But we have to focus on what is important, and that is to cooperate to save lives and contain this virus so we can emerge stronger on the other side. Thailand is our friend, ally, and partner. We will not abandon you in your time of need.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... me-of-need
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Years ago the U.S. embassy served a purpose by notarizing my income statement, now they are of no consequence and should do as the Brits did and sell the sprawling complex they have in BKK and move to an office building and keep doing the minimal of work there as the land they currently occupy is of much more value then they are. I also remember they made a decent amount of money from any “service” they did!