Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by 2lz2p »

catawampuscat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:45 pm Bangkok-Pattaya hospital has started gIving AstroZenica shots. One friend went today. He said he was contacted by B-P and
another friend got an appointment soon. They said you needed to have a history with the hospital and it seemed random whom
they contacted. It might be worth stopping in or calling your doctors at BH and maybe not.
Apparently receiving a call is dependent upon whether someone such as your doctor recommends they contact you.

I received a call about 6pm yesterday from a nurse at the hospital and we had a nice chat.

She said that BHP had received an allocation of AstraZeneca as part of the Government program and wanted to know if I wanted to schedule an appointment. She mentioned that my name was submitted by a lady I am acquainted with in their Marketing Department. She also mentioned that they were soliciting recommendations from the hospitals' doctors for their patients that were most in need (I surmise that means elderly (60+) or with underlying health conditions, which based on the news, is the current thrust for the Government program).

She also mentioned that BHP was considering sending out an SMS message to their patients with a link for them to use, but was not sure if and when that might happen (my guess is if they still have allocated doses available after their current process of contacting patients that might come about - we did not discuss how many doses they currently have allocated).

I mentioned that I had already rec'd my first dose at the vaccination center in Bangkok. She seemed disappointed with that news as she apparently really wanted to make an appointment for me. But, I did mention two of my close friends (British, husband & wife) and she looked up their information while we were on the phone. She said she would contact them.

I called one of them immediately after talking to the nurse to alert them to expect a call. About 10 minutes later, I was called back - yes, they rec'd the call and had appointments at BHP for early August to get the vaccine.

GB, if you have a way to contact your doctor at BHP, you might inquire as to whether they could recommend you for the current process as that seems to be what is necessary to get "the call".
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I don't have a doctor of record at BPH although I am a member there and have a patient number. I called them to inquire about getting an appointment for the vaccine and the lady who answered the phone told me they did not have any vaccine available. Grr, a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

They're not kidding about "dense queues of people". Click the link at the end of the article to see the photo. I would be more concerned about getting Covid while waiting in that crowd than not getting vaccinated at all.

Online booking for Bang Sue jabs starts Thursday

28 July, 2021

The vaccination centre at Bang Sue Grand Station will take online bookings from Thursday for inoculations throughout August. The walk-in service will end on Saturday.

The Medical Services Department said on Wednesday that 20,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine will be available at the station.

Half will be for people aged 18 or more.

The rest will be reserved for senior citizens, people with chronic illness, overweight people and pregnant women at least 12 weeks into term.

People seeking vaccination must register for a date and time slot via the websites of the four mobile phone operators -- AIS, DTAC, TRUE and National Telecom.

Vaccinations are scheduled from Aug 1-31.

The final day of the walk-in service at Bang Sue station for inoculation against Covid-19 will be Saturday. The service is being ended amid concern it could become a new infection cluster as people are not obeying social distancing rules.

It is replaced by online registering.

Dense queues of people hoping for vaccination again formed at the station on Wednesday, a public holiday to celebrate the birthday of His Majesty the King.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... s-thursday
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

RichLB wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:33 pm a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
Sorry to hear that. Would you believe I just now rec'd another call to ask me if I wanted the vaccine - not the same nurse that called me yesterday. A short conversation this time. I told her I already received my first dose of Astra Zeneca and the conversation was concluded.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:33 pm I don't have a doctor of record at BPH although I am a member there and have a patient number. I called them to inquire about getting an appointment for the vaccine and the lady who answered the phone told me they did not have any vaccine available. Grr, a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
Being in an age group that offered you other opportunities such as weeks ago at Bang Sue terminal in BKK and Medpark….why on earth did you wait until now as the info was readily available on this forum?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:34 pm I told her I already received my first dose of Astra Zeneca and the conversation was concluded.
Two questions:

1. Why did you even tell her that? You could have gone in and received the second dose while the hospital thought you were getting a first dose. You not only could have gotten the second dose, but could have arranged for a third dose if you wished.

2. Why didn't the nurse simply arrange for your second dose instead of concluding the conversation?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm why on earth did you wait until now?
For the same reason I did. I have no intention of going to Bangkok unless Moderna or Pfizer is offered in Bangkok before it is offered in Pattaya - and at the time I was holding out for Pfizer or Moderna in Pattaya. So was RichLB. I still am holding out if Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital doesn't contact me to come in for AstraZeneca. If the hospital does get around to contacting me, then I'll get the AstraZeneca - only because now I think it will take much longer than publicized before Pfizer or Moderna becomes available.

If I had to do it over again, I would do exactly the same thing. Obviously you think both of us made a mistake. I disagree. Whatever vaccine I end up with, I'll be getting it in Pattaya, not Bangkok.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:12 pm
Undaunted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm why on earth did you wait until now?
For the same reason I did. I have no intention of going to Bangkok unless Moderna or Pfizer is offered in Bangkok before it is offered in Pattaya - and at the time I was holding out for Pfizer or Moderna in Pattaya. So was RichLB. I still am holding out if Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital doesn't contact me to come in for AstraZeneca. If the hospital does get around to contacting me, then I'll get the AstraZeneca - only because now I think it will take much longer than publicized before Pfizer or Moderna becomes available.

If I had to do it over again, I would do exactly the same thing. Obviously you think both of us made a mistake. I disagree. Whatever vaccine I end up with, I'll be getting it in Pattaya, not Bangkok.

I don’t remember addressing this question to you. We’ll just have to wait and see what Jun thinks about this!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

My reasons for waiting are similar to GB's. I had (and still have) concerns about sitting around with a mass of unvaccinated people while waiting to be processed for the vaccine at both locations. I also wanted to be local unless some unanticipated side effects took place. Another factor was the trek into Bangkok was off putting. The walk in option at Bang Su makes me worry that getting the second (and maybe now a third) dose could be a problem. I keep hoping either Moderna or Pfizer become available here and I don't mind paying for it. But, I'm on the fence about whether my decision to wait was a wise one - maybe not.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB…I don’t know what the current situation is at BPH…I too was called by my MD and I told him I had already got my first dose of AstraZeneca at Bang Sue however, as you live in the Pattaya area why not just give it a try and simply go to BHP and say your here for the vaccine, nothing ventured nothing gained.