Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Jun »

I've just been looking at the numbers again.
By extrapolation, they should get to 68% of the entire country vaccinated by 1 Dec.
However, the politicians reckon the supply of vaccines will increase in the next month. So they ought to do better than the extrapolated figure.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thailand to cease Sinovac vaccine use when stocks end this month

18 October. 2021

Thailand will stop using the Covid-19 vaccine of China's Sinovac when its current stock finishes, a senior Public Health Ministry official said on Monday, having used the shot extensively in combination with Western-developed vaccines.

Thailand used over 31.5 million Sinovac doses since February, starting with two doses to frontline workers, high-risk groups and residents of Phuket, the holiday island that reopened to tourists in July in a pilot scheme.

In July, Thailand started inoculating people with Sinovac as a first dose followed by the Oxford University-developed AstraZeneca. Thailand was the first country to combine a Chinese and Western shots, a strategy its health officials said has proved effective.

"We expect to have distributed all Sinovac doses this week," said Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, the Department of Disease Control director-general, adding the programme will switch to combining the AstraZeneca vaccine with that made by Pfizer and BioNTech.

Thailand next year plans to buy 120 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in total and has already booked 60 million doses of AstraZeneca, a vaccine it manufactures locally.

Thailand has said it will only procure vaccines effective against new variants.

It has so far vaccinated 36% of the estimated 72 million people who live in Thailand and hopes to reach 70% by year-end.

The country is forging ahead with a quarantine-free reopening plan next month of 17 provinces to vaccinated arrivals from low risk countries. Included will be destinations like Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

Thailand has recorded nearly 1.8 million cases and 18,336 fatalities overall, more than 98% in the past seven months.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... this-month
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today, October 22, I received my second AstraZeneca vaccine. It is all being done on the 6th floor of Pattaya's Central Festival. They are also giving the Pfizer vaccine if you are registered for it.

The shopping mall opens at 11:00am, but if you get there earlier by car, you need to park on the 6th floor. The entrance doors on all the other floors are locked until 11:00 - as I found out the hard way.

No matter what time they give you, it doesn't matter. The only thing they check is your passport. I suppose that is to make sure you have an appointment for that date at all, but nobody cared about what time the appointment was. Probably because it is a mob scene. I arrived 30 minutes before my scheduled time and already there were at least 1500 people there - and if anything, I am underestimating.

Don't let that put you off. Despite the numbers of people, they had it organized very well and I was in and out in about 1 hour - and that includes the 30 minute mandatory waiting time following the injection.

You will have a number card after your injection. When your 30 minute waiting time is over they will call your number. They will give you a certificate of vaccination with all your information printed on it. Then you're done

Once you have that certificate, it is easy to store the information on your smartphone. As Undaunted advised in an earlier post, the best way to do that is to download the Mor Prom app to your phone. Don't worry. Everything is in both English and Thai. When you open it for the first time you will be asked to input your passport number and your ID card number. Look on the vaccination certificate you were issued following the 30 minute wait. On the left side you will see "ID Card Number". The numbers you see there are the numbers to enter on the app. Then you will be asked to create a six-digit numerical password. I used the first 6 digits of a telephone number at my house when I was 7 years old. I don't know why, but I still remember the number.

That's it. Once you submit the information to the app, now it is stored on your phone. So, how do you get to it in case you need it? Open the app. You will see a set of menu items below. One of the items says "Digital Health Pass". Click on it and there's your information, already stored.

Those of you who need that yellow certificate, forget about having to go to that office behind the seafood market. You can get it via the Mor Prom app. Just below the "Digital Health Pass" item you will see "International Certificate". When you click on that you will see everything and all the forms you have to fill out on the app to get the certificate. Among the options available to receive it, you can go to pick it up yourself it you want, but one of the options is to have it mailed to you - That's regular mail, not Email.

Meanwhile, that certificate of vaccination they give you after the 30 minute wait - that is now included among all the papers I keep for extending my retirement visa. If immigration does eventually require it, now I'll have that and the information shown on the Mor Prom app.

And that better be enough - cuz I ain't goin' to no fish market . . .