Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:49 pm I also remember they made a decent amount of money from any “service” they did!
For Americans the US embassy lets us get new passports through them. Other than that, what does the embassy do? As far as I can tell the embassy hires Thais to decide whether Thais applying for a visa to the USA will get the visa and the embassy does a good job of kissing the asses of high ranking Thai politicians and others they consider to be VIPs.

If there is anything else of any significance the embassy does, would someone please inform me? I was already annoyed that the embassy won't provide expats proof-of-income statements anymore, not even for those of us who can actually prove our income. One excuse is they're too busy to deal with it. Too busy? Busy doing what?

But their refusal to see that Americans in Thailand get vaccinated in my opinion is reprehensible. I didn't know that choosing to live my life as an expat makes me a second class citizen.

The embassy's usual excuse is their hands are tied by orders from the State Department. If that is true, then who in the State Department came up with those orders and why? Nobody ever tells us that part.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The U.S. has done nothing for its expats regarding Covid unlike the French and the Chinese. I was skeptical regarding Thailand’s initial response to the pandemic however, as for vaccines for expats they have stepped up to the plate in the absence of the U.S.embassy’s non response towards its citizens living in the Kingdom and I for one am thankful to Thailand for addressing this need.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Never mind what the US did for you. At least you all got a nice British vaccine, licensed to many countries at cost. ;)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:27 pm you all got a nice British vaccine
That explains my sudden craving for black pudding and ploughman's lunch . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I received the following link to the new Ministry of Public Health's online registration site for foreigners (perhaps this is finally the one that the government has been saying will be available soon) -- https://complaint.consular.go.th/index.php?r=frvc It notes it is for those wanting their first shot of the vaccine. I note the URL address begins with "complaint", could it be because there were so many foreigners complaining about not being able to register for the government provided vaccine :o ?

It is apparently for all ages to register as it says those 60+ or with the specified underlying medical conditions will received "priority".

I only went to registration page for foreigners (https://complaint.consular.go.th/index. ... %2Fmailget where the first entry is your email address then you select next to enter further information. At this point there is no indication of the type of vaccine or location(s) where it will be given.

The person who sent it said it was for Pfizer vaccine - I have asked him for source of this information as it is not indicated on the registration page. He responded that it was from a Line message which was in Thai which had the link (that figures, it is for use of only foreigners, but it is only announced in Thai :( ). He said his wife translated and said it was for the Pfizer vaccine.

This could very well be the case as Asean Now has info from Reuters that Thailand has ordered around 30 million doses of Pfizer vaccine - https://aseannow.com/topic/1225961-thai ... r-vaccine/
Thailand will take delivery of 20 million doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine later this year, but also has plans to order an additional 10 million shots from the company, health ministry official Kiatiphum Wongrajit told reporters.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

As a follow-up to my post about getting the AstraZeneca vaccine ( viewtopic.php?p=104856#p104856 ), which was yesterday, the only side effect I'm feeling, if you can even call this a side effect, is when I woke up this morning there is some very minor soreness in my shoulder at the injection spot. Other than that, I'm fine.

One of my Thai friends is certain tomorrow I will be feeling sick. I asked him what makes him think so. He said several people he knows who got the AstraZeneca vaccine had that happen. We'll see. I'll post tomorrow to let you know - that is if I'm not too sick to do so . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:01 am As a follow-up to my post about getting the AstraZeneca vaccine ( viewtopic.php?p=104856#p104856 ), which was yesterday, the only side effect I'm feeling, if you can even call this a side effect, is when I woke up this morning there is some very minor soreness in my shoulder at the injection spot. Other than that, I'm fine.
My experience was the same, but I felt the soreness at the injection spot only if I pressed on it, otherwise unnoticeable. No other effects.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am I felt the soreness at the injection spot only if I pressed on it
For me, the soreness is already completely gone. I lasted about 6 hours until I noticed it's gone.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

You were lucky. When I had it I felt rough for 24 hours and couldn’t put any pressure on the spot for a week.
Perhaps our mixture is different!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:53 pm Perhaps our mixture is different!!
I wonder which of us got the better mixture . . .

I assume your injection was AstraZeneca. Where did you get your injection? Bang Sue?

I know we have a few board members who live in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin. Can any of you tell us what is happening there? Are injections available there? If yes, is it AstraZeneca or one of the others?