Walk-in vaccinations

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Walk-in vaccinations

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:40 pm The free injections are most likely to be AstraZeneca. Maybe by August we'll have more solid information as to just how effective it really is and if we are unfortunate enough to experience side effects, just what kind of side effects to expect.
There is plenty of data around on the Astra Zeneca vaccine already. Blood clots are more common in younger people, but even then at an exceedingly low incidence rate. People with covid also can get blood clots, amongst various other problems.
Also, in any country with widespread covid, you are orders of magnitude better off with the vaccine than without it.
There are also side effects with the Pfizer vaccine & that is comparable with Astra Zeneca.

The minor one side effect you're likely to notice with the Astra Zeneca vaccine is lethargy the day after the jab, for much of the day. At least a couple of board members have had that. I also know someone who was so tired he couldn't quite complete his 20 mile run the day after.
I'm told it's less of an issue after the second jab.
gera

Post by gera »

Jun wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 am There are also side effects with the Pfizer vaccine & that is comparable with Astra Zeneca.
That is actually not true. Certain people associated with Oxford vaccine are trying to spread this misinformation and it is highly unethical. Pfizer proved to be extremely efficient in stopping the infection. As an example, in our University around 88 percent of students got Pfizer vaccine voluntarily. As a result we currently have zero active cases on the campus. In other words, the vaccine is practically 100 percent effective among young people in terms of protection against infection. This includes asymptomatic infections since we have frequent mandatory tests on the campus.

Currently Pfizer is the only vaccine in the world which has received Emergency authorization for youngsters as young as 12. It will be the first vaccine which will receive THE FULL authorization soon. In terms of side effects, several allergy cases were reported and some heart inflammation cases were reported in Israel. BUT NO CONFIRMATION IN USA. As for AstraZeneca vaccine, I doubt it will be approved in US. Certainly Biden administration is not planning to use it and available stockpile of 60 million doses will be sent elsewhere.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:05 pm the vaccine is practically 100 percent effective among young people
That's fine, but I doubt more than a very few reading this are likely to be described as "young people." How is it for those of us who more accurately would be described as "elderly"?
Jun

Post by Jun »

gera wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:05 pm That is actually not true.
You're accusing me of lying ? I enclose evidence: https://khub.net/documents/135939561/43 ... d7ce4dd1c3

You're usually the one spreading misinformation. Just the same as with the 737max & various other topics.

Back to vaccination. If living in a country with covid, anyone over 50 should should take the first approved western or Russian covid vaccine they are offered. For all I know, one of the Chinsese vaccines might also be OK, but since they lack transparency over trials, how can we tell ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

We are NOT going to have this. I am not going to have my board host a war. If you have information to share, please do and cite your source. If your information differs from someone else's, then post what you have and cite your source.

If anyone cannot disagree or debate without including anger and/or accusations in your posts, then don't post.

I don't want to be deleting posts, but anyone who has been on this board for an appreciable length of time knows I will do just that, no matter whose post it is. Don't make me take it to that level or the next level beyond that.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I just deleted one post submitted by someone who apparently didn't believe me. Anyone else care to find out the hard way whether or not I mean what I say?

This topic is about walk-in vaccinations. Stick to that.
2lz2p

Foreigners can Register for Covid-19 Vaccine beginning 7 June

Post by 2lz2p »

Finally, information from the CCSA on how foreigners and expats can register to get the COVID-19 vaccination -- The video of the English Language briefing is at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=563848381246600&t=3 - info regarding registration begins at 1.59 minutes into the video.

There was also a chart presented summarizing the process. For those of us in Pattaya, it appears that beginning 7 June, you can register at the hospital that has your records OR at a hospital designated by the Ministry of Public Health. To see a summary, charts, & link to CCSA video, you can visit the ThaiVisa.com announcement at: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121792 ... paign=news

There will most likely be more news specific to Pattaya in our local English language news sources, e.g. The Pattaya News & Pattaya Mail.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

More changes, this time much better. Foreigners will be able to register for vaccination at local hospitals beginning Monday, June 7.

More information is likely forthcoming before June 7, such as which are the participating hospitals and by what methods to register.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 22, 2021

All foreigners in Thailand will be able to register at vaccination centres for Covid-19 shots from June 7, when the campaign for mass inoculations begins, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Friday.

Deputy spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the government had set June 7 for the start of the vaccination campaign.

Foreigners could register to get their vaccine shots at designated hospitals and health centres where they live.

"Thailand will not be safe until everyone is vaccinated," he said during the daily briefing of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, and late relayed the message on his personal Twitter account.

The announcement follows confusion and bewilderment in foreign communities after the Public Health Ministry said on May 4 that priority would be given to vaccinating Thai people first.

It reversed the decision on May 6, announcing equal access to the vaccine for Thai and foreign nationals to help create head immunity.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rom-june-7

What you must do before your jab

May 22, 2021

The Department of Disease Control on Friday released guidelines for the general public to follow before they get their Covid-19 jab.

On the day of the vaccine:

• Drink from 500 ml. to a litre of water

• Prepare your ID card and registration documents

• Wear a facemask and clean your hands thoroughly

• Maintain social distancing

• Take medication for your chronic condition if any

The department said that so far 6.39 million people have registered via the Mor Phrom (Doctors Ready) application for a jab in June, which has already met the quota for the month.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001150
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Several of these announcements are saying registration will be on-site for whichever hospital you'll be going to, as designated.

The part I'm not sure about is exactly how that will work. Will you have to personally go to the hospital to register? Will you be able to register by phone? Will you be able to register by Email? Will you be able to register via the hospital's web site, assuming they have one? Will there be an app? Will there be different ways to register depending on the hospital?

I suppose we'll know soon enough. In Pattaya I am expecting Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital to be at least one of the local designated hospitals. For me, it is no problem if you have to personally go to register, but not everyone lives nearby. I think there will be alternative ways to register without having to appear in person. That would make sense. We'll see.

Of course, apparently you also can choose to wait for August and register for the free vaccination.

Obviously there is still information that needs to be made clear. At the time of this post, it still is confusing, at least to me.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I messages BPH ... this is the somewhat disappointing response I received... remains to be seen...

Thank you very much for your email.

Despite some “news” items, BPH has not ordered or reserved private or alternative COVID vaccines. We will notify you officially when we are fully prepared.

For Thai nationals, they can register on “Mor Prom” Line Application for vaccine reservation.

11.7 million Thai people over the age of 60 will be first in line, followed by 4.3 million people labelled as vulnerable due to underlying illnesses like stroke, kidney failure, heart and blood vessel conditions, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes, cancer, and obesity.

Please be careful if providing your personal information to any channels, which could be for criminal intent.

Follow the news on our official channels via www.bangkokpattayahospital.com, LINE Official @bangkokhospitalpattaya and Facebook page Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for the updates.

We will put you on the notification list once it becomes available. Thank you.