90 Day Address Reporting - in person at Jomtien

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p

90 Day Address Reporting - in person at Jomtien

Post by 2lz2p »

With the online reporting still not operational, I didn't try to use it. Based on several reports I have received and others posted on Thai Visa, the Jomtien Immigration computer is also "down" and those going in person to report are told to go make copies of their identity page from passport and their previous "90 day reporting receipt" placed in the passport. Two reports I rec'd were there were long lines for the copy machine for those that didn't have the copies.

Also, that Immigration was "lining" through the next reporting date on the receipt stapled to your passport and stamping in the due date for your next report.

Well, here is something for GB's "I don't get it" list
--

My bf took my passport to Immigration to do my 90 day address report - due on Sunday, so I asked him to go today to avoid the usual Friday crowd. I made the photocopies so he would have them if needed. Well he returned with the photocopies. Here is what he said happened:

He went to the usual reporting desk and was told he had to wait and get copies made.

He said he had copies already and gave them to the Immigration Officer who looked at them, lined through my reporting date on the last receipt, and inserted my new reporting date.

He then gave him back the photocopies (I had presumed they wanted the copies so they could use them to update the system when it working again - but apparently not the case).

The I don't get it part -- if they don't keep or use the photocopies, then why are they requiring folks to make the copies before they can do their reporting? :shock:
Gaybutton

Re: 90 Day Address Reporting - in person at Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:05 pm Well, here is something for GB's "I don't get it" list --
After reading your report, consider it added.

In addition I would also add something else. Online reporting has been down more than two months now. What could possibly be taking so long to fix it, assuming anyone is bothering to even try to fix it? If it's the software, it was working fine before. Don't they have backup copies? If it's their computers, either fix them or replace them.

If there is a hard part to getting online reporting up and running again, would someone be kind enough to explain what it is?