GB - Where have you been?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: GB - Where have you been?

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:45 am The amount direct billed to my insurance was for about 2.2 million baht.
That works out to about US $73,000 at current exchange rates.

I hope you're ok now. You're really been through the wringer.

One thing about getting old is the way we try to keep getting older. To quote Bette Davis, "Old age is no place for sissies."
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Yes, I am doing much better, but with a heart problem including atrial fibrillation which caused the blood clot resulting in the stroke, I have several "maintenance" drugs including the added anti-coagulation medicine after the stroke to keep me going. No further lung problems - but keep COVID-19 well away from me!

As to getting older, I agree --like General Sherman's comment about war, getting old is also hell!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 am As to getting older, I agree --like General Sherman's comment about war, getting old is also hell!
One more I think is appropriate:

"Live each day as if it's your last. One day you're sure to be right."
- Edward Woodward (Harry Morant), 'Breaker Morant'
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

GB,

Very sorry to hear about your medical concerns, but glad to hear you're recovering well.

Getting old sucks!

The hair in my nose has started growing faster than the hair on my head - and now I have hair growing out of my fucking ears. Every day it's something new. The index finger on my right hand has these sharp shooting pains every time I bend it. This started a few months ago. I just use my left hand now and ignore it. Both of my knees start cramping up every time I stand up, sometimes causing me to limp for a while. I ignore this too. I get out of bed to urinate at least 2 or 3 times a night. Probably enlarged prostate like yours. I just started eating a lot of pumpkin seeds (which do absolutely nothing) and ignore it.

I started dribbling as well, which is way too much fun. Hard to ignore, especially when my 29 year old boyfriend is laying in bed next to me. I wonder if they sell sexy pampers?. Last, but not least, I get dizzy sometimes if I get out of bed too fast. Probably brain cancer. I'll just ignore this like everything else and chalk it up to too much booze and partying during my life.

Knowing that life only moves forward - and never backwards, is such a delightful thought. I think I'll go back to smoking pot and doing shots of tequila at some juncture.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:36 pm Getting old sucks!
If there's a bright side to any of this, at least we're still here to complain about it . . .
werner99

Post by werner99 »

GB,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent health issues. I wish you the very best with your recovery and thank you for all your work for this forum. Thanks also for the information about health insurance and for reminding us to have good health insurance.

As I recall, you had a nasty automobile accident a couple years ago--you have had more than your fair share of woe. But you seem to be tough and resilient.

Take good care!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you all for your support. I very much appreciate it and it really does help.

I'm still recovering, but doing fine. My next follow-up appointment is Tuesday, March 30.

I think now it's time that I removed this topic from "Announcements".
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I'm glad to read everything worked out well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I had a spell of frequent urination, culminating in waking up at night to pee in March and April 2020, that I wrote about in my blog https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2020/ ... -2020.html that I quote here:
In March and April I woke up a few times at night, and once awake, to do something useful, went to pee. Only later did it occur to me that I woke up to pee. Never happened to me before! But let’s be optimistic: Better to wake up at night to pee than not to wake up at night to pee.

Now home I had some days with frequent urination (ten times per day*), so I made an appointment with an urologist in my hometown. Calling on telephone, I got an appointment the following week, which is very fortunate (I later learned it’s their summer low, usually it’s 6 to 8 weeks waiting time). For comparison, my father went to see a dermatologist and his appointment was in 2 months, and he had to drive 50 km as we don’t have a dermatologist in my hometown any more. How lucky I am in Bangkok and Taiwan, where I can go to see a doctor any time!

*I can now extend my book “Travelling with diarrhea” to “Travelling with diarrhea and frequent urination”.

I told the doctor what I do in Thailand and that my frequent urination could be caused by an STI.

Update 1sep2020. Second appointment to which I bring the micturition protocol he asked me to fill out (time and amount of urine). Then the unexpected diagnosis: I trained my brain and bladder to go to pee at the first impulse, and now I have to increase time between peeing to get back to normal.

My interpretation: psychosomatic or in Bangkok mentally (subconsciously when chatting with several boys per day) occupied with my penis for sex, now diverted to peeing.
It was indeed a mental thing. Once the doctor dispelled my obsession of having an STI, I quickly got back to normal, with record of passing 600 ml urine in one go, or 10 hours between two urinations.

The older we get, the more boy stories are replaced by talking/writing about health issues and doctor stories.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Since today, August 20, seems to be a slow news day, at least in Thailand, I thought I might as well report that I'm doing fine. My doctor tells me that after the surgery, every three months - for two years - a cystoscopy and ultrasound exam is standard procedure for making certain the cancer does not return. Apparently, if there is no recurrence after two years, you're in the clear.

I have been through two of those exams so far and all is well. No sign of cancer - or any other bladder problems. No need for medication. And my Cigna Global insurance has covered every baht of all of it - and these exams are in the neighborhood of 45,000 baht each.

So, I'm pleased to report that I - and also my dog - are doing just fine.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today, November 8, was the third cystoscope exam. While it is a miserable experience going through it, for me the result is good news - no sign of cancer, tumors, infection, or anything else.

5 more of these exams to go. The next one is January 31.