Winner Bar - from two longtime expat members of GBT

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Winner Bar - from two longtime expat members of GBT

Post by Gaybutton »

The two gentlemen asked to have this posted anonymously

Winner A-Go-Go Bar, located in Pattaya's Sunee Plaza entertainment district, recently celebrated its fourth anniversary and is currently hiring male dancers. Qualifications: applicants must be Thai citizens who are18+ years and possess a Thai ID card. Working hours: 19:00 to 23:00.

The financials:

Salary each day is 100 Baht. Dancers get 50 Baht of the drinks bought for them by customers as well as a percentage of "off fees".

A draft beer for customers costs 89 Baht.

For more information, call the Mgr. Khun Ton @ 080-974-808.

Commentary: Many boys that work at gay bars are struggling financially just as are the bars themselves. Tourists are not here in Thailand and some expats are staying away and using apps like Line to contact boys directly to avoid paying the bar fine (the cost that bars charge to help stay in business). Many boys have had to go home because bars can't pay them.

Winner Bar has now put in place a new compensation policy which hopefully will help keep the boys in Pattaya employed and Winner Bar to continue serving the expats that live here.

Hopefully Winner bar will be able to attract more boys by implementation of a new compensation policy that includes a finders fee of 500 baht for boys that find a new worker who stays for at least a month.

Each boy that comes to work by 6:45pm will be given a meal ticket (1500 Baht a month so they won't go hungry nor need to use their meager daily salary of 100 Baht. (3,000 a month). Every worker also will get a monthly 2,000 baht bonus if they show up on time.

Monthly salary, being on time, and food vouchers will allow each boy to earn a minimum of 6,500 Baht. This is in addition to what the boy earns from drinks or off fees. They also keep 100% of any tips the customers give a boy.

When a customer buys a boy a drink, 50 Baht goes to the boy. The boy keeps 100% of any customer's tip.

When a boy is offed by customers from the bar, he gets 100 Baht of the 400 fee/bar fine. He also keeps 100% of the customer's tip.

Without tips from customers or drinks, the boy will be able to make a MINIMUM monthly salary of 6,500 Baht.

As we know, many bars in Pattaya have closed. The biggest reason of course is no tourists. But Pattaya does have a large expat community.

The second biggest reason is some expats feel that bypassing the bar and contacting the boy on Line, Hornet, Messenger or phone saves them money by cutting out the bar altogether.

The best way to keep Winner Bar operating is by increasing the boys available and having paying customers .

Winner Bar has cheap drinks, and tries to provide customers a good experience.
Possibly the expats will understand that over 50% of its former staff have gone back to their villages to live.

Winner Bar is trying to increase the money for the boys. But without the expats buying their reasonably priced drinks, and understanding that paying the bar a low off fee, instead of using other apps to avoid the off fee, another bar may close.

Some customers enjoy hosting boys outside bar hours. That is understandable. But they can still contribute by giving the boy 200 or 300 baht to give to their bar. Most boys are honest enough that they will give it to the bar. Winner will give a receipt the boy can return to you if you wish.

We all have the same goal. Keep the bars open and the boys working instead of needing to leave Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Bar - from two longtime expat members of GBT

Post by Gaybutton »

I concur completely with the post above. If I didn't I would not have agreed to post this anonymously for the two gentlemen.

To me, the most important aspect is trying to keep open as many of the bars as possible. Even if the boys at Winner or any other bar are not to your taste, the more bars that can remain open and the more that eventually can make a comeback, the better it is for all of us. I think most reading this who hope to be able to return to Thailand would like to have something to return to.

I believe we all would like to see the Pattaya gay scene eventually become as good as it once was and perhaps even better. Only the customer base can make that happen.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: ↑Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 pm We all have the same goal. Keep the bars open and the boys working instead of needing to leave Pattaya.
Indeed. I am a regular customer of the bar and hope it can stay open. For those of you who are overseas and want to help the boys and the bar they have now launched an online "Ring the bell" donation possibility. From their Facebook page Winner boy bar Pattaya:
Ring the bell in Winner boy bar - online! πŸ””
During this difficult time with travel restrictions very few tourists arrive to Thailand. Winner boy bar and our staff are struggeling for survival and we would kindly appreciate your help to keep the bar open and the staff employed.

If you want to ring the bell in our bar and buy a drink for all our gogo boys for a 1000 thai baht donation, we will send you a personal video in messenger of ringing the bell in the bar. All boys in Winner boy bar would be very grateful πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ And it would help to keep the bar and the wonderful gay area of Sunee plaza still open ready for you on your next holiday to Thailand and Pattaya. Please send us a message if you are interested for more information πŸ™
Jun

Post by Jun »

Considering both Bangkok and Pattaya, Winner Boys had the best gogo bar offering of my recent trip to Thailand.

Winner Boys: Nice lads wearing underwear. Reasonable prices. Boys tip expectations are similar to boys on the phone apps, which is exactly how it should be as they offer the same service. No mamasan.
Nice Boys: Wearing jeans and facemasks on my one visit. Since none were to my liking, no reason to return.
Cupipdol: Fully clothed boys, drinks 200 baht. So like a host bar with gogo drink prices. Visits lasted <10 seconds. Even on the first visit when they had just 2 boys, I would have been happy to show some support and buy a drink, but only if they had been dressed like gogo boys.
X-boys: Mature guys in jeans, not to my taste, loud music. Visit lasted <10 seconds.

Fresh Boys Bangkok: A good selection of lads in December, but rather poor in late February. Thin white underwear. Mamasan is a snake
Screw Boys: Reasonable selection in December, in underwear, closed in February/early march
Dream Boys: Big muscular lads not to my taste, in underwear
Hot Male (think I have the name right): Big muscular lads, not to my taste, in underwear.

So Winner Boys was the pick of that selection. I offed 2 lads from there, one did long time and the other did a rather quick short time & won't be invited back. I offed no boys at all from the other gogo bars.
In Nice Boys I didn't like any of them, as is usual for me there.
In Bangkok, none of them seemed good enough to put up with the inevitable requests for a 2000 baht tip for <30 minutes, in a city where phone app boys will show up for 1000~1500 and deliver more service.

So Winner Boys was the Winner, out of the bars.
Almost every time I go to Winner, they seem to have some expats who sit with a few lads, enjoy themselves, pay the bill, tip and leave alone. Well done to those expats for supporting the bar.