Jomtien complex bars closed down

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Jomtien complex bars closed down

Post by SP55 »

I thought this deserves a topic of its own. Since early evening yesterday the bars of Jomtien complex have been shut down by a police raid. I can confirm that the bars weren't open this Sunday Valentine evening either. I might have missed to see if one or two bars were open though.

Apparently there is some kind of issue with the bars licenses. Restaurants and massageshops in Jomtien complex remain open. The surrounding ladybars in Jomtien were OPEN. So it seems to only concern the boybars. No one that I have spoken to seems to know when the bars will reopen.
Gaybutton

Re: Jomtien complex bars closed down

Post by Gaybutton »

I have not yet been able to find anything in the English language news about this. I believe there must be something more than license issues going on, especially if the police shut down the bars before they had inspected any of them. And this was done just when Jomtien Complex was beginning to make a comeback.

If the restaurants and massage shops are open, my guess is they might as well have been shut down too. I doubt many people are going to Jomtien Complex at all under these circumstances. Obviously a lot of people have been put out of work yet again - without much of an explanation as to the reason for it.

Somebody has to be the one who ordered this. I hope we find out who and why - and why this action was limited to Jomtien Complex.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Double Shot was open and had customers. Apparently their credentials were in proper order.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:04 pm Double Shot was open and had customers.
Were any other bars open or was Double Shot the only one?
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

They picked the right weekend to strike.

Long weekend with Chinese New Year and Valentines night. Couldn’t have been better.

Me suspicious....noooo.

PS.maybe some good will come of it and the bureaucratic nonsense paperwork can be put in order to allow Gogo bars!
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 am
windwalker wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:04 pm Double Shot was open and had customers.
Were any other bars open or was Double Shot the only one?
Some other places were open such as a Massage Shop and maybe a Cafe or Restaurant.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

We drove down Sunday from Bangkok on Rt7 for dinner and to see the "special" Valentines show at M2M in the Jomtien Complex. I had read that there was a problem the night before but went anyways. There was no traffic going to Pattaya but hoards on the opposite side of Rt 7 to Bangkok in the early evening hours. There was a huge back up at the toll booth North bound.

At dinner I received a message from M2M: " All bars in Jomtien (complex) were ordered to close yesterday and we don"t know exactly when this matter will be resolved"

We went to Boystown at 2100. Castro, Panorama and Cupidol were open. Cupidol had a few dressed boys and one customer. Panorama and Castro were doing well and were well aware and quite pleased about the closing of the Jomtien Complex. There were 12 customers at 2100 and it grew to around 35-40 by show time at 2200. I went by X-Boys and it was semi open--they were waiting to see if any customers showed up and if none by 10pm were just going to close. Castro and Panorama closed at 2300 exactly with lights out at 2259.

I asked what were the plans for opening hours and days and It's a wait and see, day by day, decision. If the Jomtien Complex remains remains closed Panorama and Castro are very happy to remain open every night as late as is permitted.

Returning to Bangkok at 2330 with light traffic. I would have spent the night or two but I all of my usual places to stay were closed.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Now I am sent this. It implies that M2M will open on Feb 16 Tuesday. I did not get any explanatory text. If they are going to open it was a four day closure and the problem was sorted, maybe? Time will tell.

It's going to require a boots on the ground report.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jomtien Complex bars were open tonight, Feb. 15.