Jerry Zelin died

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Jerry Zelin died

Post by Gaybutton »

Though he was not a board member, Jerry was an expat, for many years very well known to many of us expats living in Pattaya. I think just about everyone who knew him has at least one Jerry story. Those of us who knew him best have many.

Only this morning we found out he died December 9.

Some of you may know he was living for the past couple years at the Dok Kaew Gardens assisted living facility just outside of Chiang Mai - the same place where Burnett (Geezer) was living.

Jerry had been suffering a very long, debilitating, very painful illness. RichLB spoke with Dok Kaew Gardens this morning to check on him when we realized nobody had heard from Jerry for over a month. That is how we found out he had died. They told RichLB his last two months were the worst of all. He was in a lot of pain, emaciated, couldn't sit up, couldn't even go to the bathroom without help, and was just miserable.

He really suffered for the last couple years of his life and it kept getting progressively worse. I'm glad his suffering has ended.
catawampuscat

Re: Jerry Zelin died

Post by catawampuscat »

Sad..
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I just discovered this photo of Jerry - the only one I have.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Much too recently we've lost Geezer, firecat69, and now Jerry.

"What's always worried me about being one of the few is the way we keep on getting fewer."
- Richard Burton (Flying Officer David Campbell), 'The Longest Day'
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Sorry to hear the news, but glad his suffering is over. Jerry was a good friend, but I kind of lost touch after he left Pattaya.
ausieguy

Post by ausieguy »

I remember one time Jerry showed me his scrap book of all the celebrities who ate at his New York diner. It was a who's who of show business. Also in Pattaya one time a visiting farang was paying to put on a "special" show at boyz boyz boyz. Jerry invited me and insisted we sit on the front row seats and he was quite a sight with his cowboy hat, dark sunglasses because the light was too bright and earplugs because the music was too loud. Needless to say we both enjoyed the "special" show. Thanks for the memories Jerry and rest in peace