Some reopenings in Pattaya,,

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Some reopenings in Pattaya,,

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:41 pm So the police must be satisfied, by whatever ways and means.
Maybe, but that does not prove they are open legally. And if you don't see a Thai Chana check-in point at the entrance, then you can be sure they are operating illegally. Until I see something to indicate the governor is allowing massage shops to reopen, I am going to assume they are indeed operating illegally, which means I will stay well away from them. I advise anyone reading this do the same. Even if I wanted to go to an illegally operating massage shop, I would not want to be in there if a police raid does occur.

If anyone wants a happy ending massage that badly, then I suggest finding a massage boy on the apps or instead of entering a massage shop, make an arrangement with the boy you like to come to you - and make damned sure he is at least 18 years old.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

It’s looking favorable for more businesses to reopen shortly as there haven’t been recent Covid cases in several days. Other easing
would include later closing hour for restaurants as well as gyms and massage shops reopening.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:56 pm It’s looking favorable for more businesses to reopen shortly
I hope so. I have not been in the city at all lately. I've had no reason to go into the city, so everything I observe is on "The Dark Side" and the area around Jomtien Complex. I don't go through the Pattaya part of Pattaya to get to Jomtien Complex. I usually go via Sukhumvit and Thepprasit Road.

While apparently so much is closed in Pattaya, on "The Dark Side" other than the local bars forced to be closed you wouldn't know anything is wrong. Nearly everything is open and functioning normally, as if there were no restrictions at all.

So, from where I sit it seems to me it is still primarily the tourist areas suffering most of the problems.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 pm
While apparently so much is closed in Pattaya, on "The Dark Side" other than the local bars forced to be closed you wouldn't know anything is wrong. Nearly everything is open and functioning normally, as if there were no restrictions at all.

So, from where I sit it seems to me it is still primarily the tourist areas suffering most of the problems.
I drove through Nong Prue the other afternoon and everything appeared normal as I would expect. How many tourists go there for their holidays? None I suspect.

The same must apply to the rest of the non tourist areas of Thailand. My b/f confirms this for his home town.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

catawampuscat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:56 pm It’s looking favorable for more businesses to reopen shortly as there haven’t been recent Covid cases in several days. Other easing
would include later closing hour for restaurants as well as gyms and massage shops reopening.
Whilst some openings may happen that won’t make much difference to the fortunes of Pattaya.

Until they re-open bars, night clubs, Gogo’s, cabarets, karaokes etc., there will be no Local Thai tourism.

Who would come to a ghost town for a long weekend break?
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

They’re hoping Thais will come once the danger is substantially reduced.
I agree that this will not help very much but it’s a start.
It’s high season on the beaches, which will draw some Thai families with children on the weekends.
Without tourists Pattaya will remain ghost town. Still there is some fun to be found and it sure beats frozen winter with raging
Covid infections in Europe and the USA and Canada.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:46 pm this will not help very much but it’s a start.
Yes, but a start as what? Despite everything, the powers-that-be still seem determined to make Pattaya a family oriented vacation spot. In my opinion, trying to change Pattaya in that manner is utter stupidity. I'll say the same thing I've been saying - that is not the reason people come to Pattaya and I don't think it ever will be.

Personally, I am sick and tired of prudes in power trying to deny adults the pleasure of being adults. For what? I don't need someone else to decide for me that the nightlife I'm looking for is somehow immoral and a no-no. I truly believe if they don't back off from this nonsense, then Pattaya doesn't need Covid to spell its doom.

Even the headline in today's article in the Pattaya Mail - "Pandemic spurs city fathers to get serious about changing Pattaya’s negative image" See: https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... age-341557

Negative image? Negative to who?
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I remember when Times Square in NYC around 42nd Street was very seedy, full of peep shows shops and many sex workers. It was
Disneyfied, cleaned up and made family friendly. Something was lost and gained.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Whatever is going to be reopened, there is one little problem for the foreseeable future - getting there . . .

See: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic ... 10#p103710
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The significant part of this article for Pattaya is:
10 provinces under the controlled zones, namely Kanchanaburi, Chantaburi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Ratchaburi, Lop Buri, Samut Songkram, Sa Kaeo, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ayutthaya, and Ang Thong, can have their bars, pubs, and nightlife entertainment venues reopened until 11:00 PM. with alcohol and live music (no dancing). Restaurants can also open until 11:00 PM. with booze.
Chonburi is Pattaya's province.

However, final approval still lies in the hands of the provincial governor. I can't find anything that tells us whether he is going to allow the bars to open or not, or what the restrictions might be. It is entirely up to him.

I guess we won't know for sure until Monday, February 1.

Fingers crossed, gents. If the bars are allowed to reopen, I hope there are still boys in Pattaya to work in them.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

CCSA, chaired by Thai Prime Minister, announces easing of Covid-19 restrictions in all provinces in Thailand, effective in early February

By Nop Meechukhun

29 January, 2021

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) general meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, announced the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in all provinces in Thailand, however, the level of easing is dependent on the severity of the outbreak.

We have summarized the list of announcements below. However, we wanted to make a few things clear in terms of this list as the list is “general”.

1. These new orders need to be published in the Royal Gazette to be formal and in effect. This is a formality but technically nothing is official or in effect until this order is released. So although zone statuses are being changed, according to the CCSA (see below) it’s not official or in effect until the Royal Gazette order so things like transportation restrictions are technically in effect until then. However, unlikely to be enforced. The likely date of effect for the orders is Monday, February 1st, not today or this weekend. This means everything in the lists below will not take immediate effect.

2. The zone status proposal changes we covered extensively before have not changed at all since the proposal. Yes, inter-provincial travel restrictions will end for zones that had them under highly controlled status. However, some provinces may still have their own quarantines or limited restrictions based on the Governor and provincial government. Again, this is not official until the Royal Gazette order takes place.

3. For orders to be official in each province they will need permission from the Governor and each province’s communicable disease committee. Governors have the ability, if they choose, to strengthen rules and make them tougher. So although everything in the list below will be “allowed” by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration it is not a guarantee that the governor will pass the order on this allowance in every province. All restrictions not listed on the lists below are considered provincial level and not national level and need provincial permission to be allowed to resume/orders.

This information is subject to change and often does change quickly but was correct as of press time.

Samut Sakhon will remain under the highest and strictest disease control. Educational institutions, sports, outdoor facilities, massage shops, arcades, bars, entertainment venues, and internet shops are still closed. Market and field markets are allowed to be operated under compliance with strict social distancing and limited customers.

Department stores and dine-in restaurants can open until 11:00 PM. with no alcoholic beverage sales. Hotels can continue their operations with a strict follow-up on their visitors to check their entry and departure time.

Bangkok and its vicinity are under the highest control with bars, pubs, and nightlife entertainment venues remaining closed. Restaurants are allowed to welcome customers for dine-in under social distancing measure until 11:00 PM. with no alcoholic beverage sales.

Small events and exhibitions at event halls with less than 100 people can also take place with no alcohol and entertainment. All guests must check-in via the “Thai Chana” application prior to the event.

Schools and other educational institutions with less than 120 students can be opened normally. Alternate day class attendance, social distancing, and online learning may still be required in schools with more than 120 students.

Migrant workers who are coming into the provinces must install the “Moh Chana” tracing application. Spas and Thai massage shops can be reopened as well as fitness, gyms, and other sports and outdoor facilities. Sport-related competition can take place indoors with no audience.

10 provinces under the controlled zones, namely Kanchanaburi, Chantaburi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Ratchaburi, Lop Buri, Samut Songkram, Sa Kaeo, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ayutthaya, and Ang Thong, can have their bars, pubs, and nightlife entertainment venues reopened until 11:00 PM. with alcohol and live music (no dancing). Restaurants can also open until 11:00 PM. with booze.

Schools and educational institutions can reopen with normal classes as well as small events with less than 300 people (no dancing) but must comply with social distancing and other health measures.

17 provinces under the maximum surveillance areas, namely Kampangphet, Chainat, Chaiyaphom, Chumpon, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan, Narathiwat, Buriram, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phang Nga, Yala, Ranong, Songkhla, Sukothai, Surat Thani, Uthai Thani, can have their bars, pubs, nightlife entertainment venues, and restaurants reopened until midnight with alcohol and live music (no dancing).

Spas, Thai massage shops including massage parlors can be opened with a limited number of customers as well as fitness, gyms, and other sports and outdoor facilities. Gambling dens and animal fighting are still prohibited in all areas.

35 remaining provinces under green-zone surveillance areas are provided with very few restrictions but social distancing, mask-wearing, and other health measures must strictly comply.

All measures mentioned are expected to be implemented next Monday, February 1st.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/29/c ... -february/