Sad news - firecat69 has died

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Sad news - firecat69 has died

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 was always an important and respected poster on this board. I will certainly greatly miss him. For me, this hits hard so soon after we lost Geezer.

Michael, the owner of the Gayguides board announced this: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... ip-firecat
gerefan

Re: Sad news - firecat69 has died

Post by gerefan »

Damn.
On my first trip to Thailand nearly 17 years ago he came to the Tarntawan to show me Soi twilight and the other places.

Purely as a response to a post from a new comer on one of the boards that existed then.

RIP
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

A former Pattaya resident known as Hubba Bubba Jim also died earlier this month from Covid in Atlanta, Georgia USA.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:28 pm A former Pattaya resident known as Hubba Bubba Jim also died earlier this month from Covid in Atlanta, Georgia USA.
Although he was never a board member, several of us knew him. He was very well liked. As far as I know, he, unfortunately, is the first farang known to many of us, especially well known to expats, who has succumbed to Covid. I hope we won't have to hear about anyone else known to us dying of Covid.

I have not had any information about what caused firecat69's death. I think he too was living in Atlanta, but I'm not 100% certain about that or whether he was in Atlanta, or wherever he was living, when he died. He may have died elsewhere.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Thaiworthy, a former poster also died recently a month or two ago. I’m not sure if he posted on this forum or another one and
also unsure if his death has already been posted..Trongpai knew him well and he lived in Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:15 pm unsure if his death has already been posted.
https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10548