Boyz Boyz Boyz closed, followed by others

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Boyz Boyz Boyz closed, followed by others

Post by Gaybutton »

According to weewillie on the GayGuides forum. See: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... ya-closed/
Jun

Re: Boyz Boyz Boyz closed, followed by others

Post by Jun »

A business popular with Chinese female tourists closes, as there are almost no Chinese female tourists. This is not something I worry about.

Meanwhile, from what I hear, businesses catering to expat farang and the trickle of tourists are struggling on. These are the ones that matter.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:15 pm This is not something I worry about.
Maybe you should start. According to the post, both Cupidol and Castro are also about to close. How much longer do you think the "ones that matter" can survive without enough customers to break even? They can't operate at a loss forever.

The fact is the go-go bars are only getting a few customers. The hopes were the high season would come to the rescue. But with the current Covid problems, there is no high season at all. There would have to be a huge gain in customer numbers just to have a low season.

Once unencumbered tourism begins again, whenever that might be, will there still be any go-go bars? Will gay farang return to Thailand if there are not enough gay venues to make the trip worthwhile? Will currently closed gay venues, not to mention the ones that are going to close, reopen if there are not enough customers?

Pattaya's gay scene began with just one or two bars at first. Over time, obviously the numbers of bars greatly increased, but it didn't happen overnight. It took years- and that was long before the powers-that-be prudes currently making the rules were in office.

You know that old saying about history repeating itself? I can only hope the gay scene will grow again and we all manage to live long enough to see it happen.
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

I don’t know anything about Weewilly other than he has posted disinformation. Perhaps the Chicken Littles should relax and do some research before spreading such news. Here’s a much more accurate account from a reliable and trusted source.

We have no plans as yet, we currently open every day until the 3 Jan, then revert back to three days a week. Castro will be the same Panarama closes on mondays. This will be reviewed in the new year
Boyz Boyz will reopen once the borders are open again
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

DragonMaster wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:28 pm Here’s a much more accurate account from a reliable and trusted source.
Who or what is that source? What research have you done? Sorry, but saying your source is reliable and trusted may be fine for you, but the rest of us have no idea who your source is or what makes that source trusted and reliable - unless you tell us. I don't know anything about weewillie either, but at least he can be contacted. You disputed his post on the Gay Guides forum, but so far nobody is disputing his story or your story.

It is pointless to get into a "who's right" debate. If someone goes to Boystown and personally checks out what is really going on, that's the best source.

Meanwhile, the other point, which in my opinion is the more important point, is how much longer any of these bars can remain open, whether they say they they can or not. Not enough customers or no customers at all means operating at a loss. This Covid crisis isn't going away any time soon. What's going to be left once it's over?
aussie

Post by aussie »

If the Boyztown bars followed the Sunee Plaza Winner Bar example of promoting and charging a lower price for drinks they would attract more expat customers. Maybe a happy hour would help to attract customers. This should generate tips and offs for the guys working there. I understand that they might have higher rents in Boyztown but they need to do something before it is too late.

I can go to Jomtiem Complex most nights and see many shirtless guys at Double shot and Cocka2 bars around midnight without paying high prices for drinks and have a much better time. So currently there is no reason to travel to Boyztown.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:43 pm According to the post, both Cupidol and Castro are also about to close.
Cupidol closing would be a concern for me and some of my friends. That's a good bar and it attracts a high proportion of gay customers. Drink prices similar to Nice Boys, but the selection of lads has been much more to my liking at Cupidol.
How that selection looks if Khmers now find it more difficult to get to Pattaya us another question
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:04 pm Cupidol closing would be a concern for me and some of my friends.
Since we now have conflicting stories, maybe it isn't so bad. Until we know with certainty what is going on, all we have at the moment is confusion. For some strange reason, I'm not surprised.

To me, it doesn't make any sense for bars to remain open unless they are making money, at least enough to break even. Hopefully they are. However, no matter which bars are still open, or how often they'll open, the real question is how much longer can they sustain opening at all.
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:26 pm Who or what is that source? What research have you done?
Obviously, I was able to do more research than you. If you read the text I included, and see the references to the other bars mentioned, a bit of simple logic would make it fairly obvious where the information came from. The info came straight from the owner of Cupidol. I sent him Weewillie’s post and he responded to it, and asked me to provide the correct information rather than baseless or misleading rumors.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

DragonMaster wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:01 pm Obviously, I was able to do more research than you.
If you did any research at all, that was more than I did. I had no reason to doubt weewillie's post and I'm not here to 'research' the veracity of of such posts. If the owner of Cupidol wanted to make sure correct information is on the boards, why couldn't he post the information himself, just like you did when you owned Krazy Dragon? That's what he should have done. You shouldn't have been involved at all. If you 'researched' it you must have been in touch with the owner. Instead of you doing the posting, you should have told him misinformation is on the boards and he needs to get on the boards and post the corrections - himself - or at least contact the board owners - himself.

In my opinion, bar owners who want their customers to know their current situation and want correct information about their bars on the boards ought to do their own posting. This going through other people is my idea of a bunch of crap. That happens far too many times.

I've been making this clear since the day I opened this board - which was July 31, 2010 - any gay or gay friendly venue can post on this board and advertise on this board as often as they wish, totally free of charge or any kind of obligation to me. @Home Bar does. If the others don't, then they don't have much of an excuse to complain if misinformation or confusing information ends up posted. And the last thing they should do is let someone else post corrected information. I think that is unfair to me, to you, and everyone who reads these boards. It makes it seem as if they don't give a damn whether correct information is out there or not.

I urge you to tell the owner of Cupidol and any other bar owners you're in contact with - you want correct information about your bar on the boards? Fine. Post it yourself.

From where I sit, too many bar owners who want support from the boards and from their own customers never lift a finger to earn it.

If I'm coming across as angry, that's right - I am.