Ages on the apps

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Ages on the apps

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm I replied it doesn’t matter how old one is as it’s only money that matters.
Definitely true. Some of these boys do specify an age limit, probably more like a preference, but in most cases they're still very happy to go with anyone willing to open his wallet.

Also, all too often when a boy tells me he is not a money boy, I can't afford it. I have a feeling more than one farang reading this knows just what I mean.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:07 pm Also, all too often when a boy tells me he is not a money boy, I can't afford it. I have a feeling more than one farang reading this knows just what I mean.
Agreed, if a lad operating in Pattaya says he's not a money boy, he's too expensive and too much hassle. The best type declare "I'm a money boy" in their first reply.

Going further afield, in the smaller towns and cities of Thailand, there are a small minority of lads who genuinely don't want money.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:07 pm
catawampuscat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm I replied it doesn’t matter how old one is as it’s only money that matters.
Also, all too often when a boy tells me he is not a money boy, I can't afford it. I have a feeling more than one farang reading this knows just what I mean.
Ain’t that the truth!

Actually the cost of an “off” is a minor inconvenience, when you take everything into account.

Two ways of looking at this:

1. You go to bars or Gogo’s looking to see what is available. In the process you may visit 3,4, or even more places. Whilst doing the rounds you can easily get through several expensive drinks, both for yourself and for them. Then add the final off fee. Without putting figures on it the final 1000 or 1500 for him is a minor additional expense.

2. You have a regular who you see quite often. This may involve off fees, meals, drinks, and maybe late entertainment such as Karaoke with associated drinks etc. Eventually you pay the 1000/1500 for him. A small part of the total costs of that night out on the town. Gaybutton's non money boy!

Any farang coming on holiday and paying air fares, taxis, hotels, eating out etc shouldn’t really begrudge the odd 1000/1500 here and there! A drop in the ocean.

I have always said to myself the boys tip is the cheapest part of any trip to Thailand.

Expats may find it different!
Hadrian

Post by Hadrian »

Another app question:

Why are almost all the Pattaya-area profiles in Thai and not English (on Hornet)?

If we assume, as someone said above, that they're mostly money boys, did they just give up on farang?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Money boys range from the bright ones who optimise every part of their business to the clueless. Don't assume they are out there constantly trying to improve every part of their profile.

Also, if there's a a cute lad on a phone app, I'm going to try contacting him no matter what the language.

Finally, Hornet's not my preferred app, since it is much more intrusive with frequent adverts and also tends to use a hell of a lot more of my data allowance to do the same job as Grindr.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Hadrian wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 am Why are almost all the Pattaya-area profiles in Thai and not English (on Hornet)?
Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because they use the apps they are necessarily looking for farang. And many can't write in English any more than you can write in Thai.

If you see a profile that interests you, but written in Thai, copy the Thai and paste it into Google Translate. The translation might not be the best, but you should easily be able to figure out what they are saying.

If the profile interests you, whether you translate it or not, simply write "I want to meet you." Chances are you will quickly see a dramatic improvement in their English language skills.