Toyboys

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Re: Toyboys

Post by catawampuscat »

Boyzboyzboyz has modified their current show with lots of cabaret, which is ladyboys and ladymen lip syncing for the most part and
flamboyant costumes with spike high heels. The Thai audience loves it and the 100 baht tips flow up to the stage.
I’ve witnessed large group of Asian ladies get up and leave when the show gets too steamy.
If you go to the beach in Thailand, you’ll see many Thais go into the water with lots of clothes on. Partially to avoid the sunshine and
also out of modesty. Older straight European wear tiny thongs with huge protruding bellies and some farang women go topless with
sagging breasts and huge buttocks. You’ll never see a Thai do that. Different cultures, different norms. Obviously the European
tourists are not in Thailand now.
The bar owners know their customers and the older gay farang men are a tiny minority for years already.
Toy Boys and all the boy bar need tourists to survive.
I don’t go to go go bars with boys in long pants.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Whilst it has no attraction for me, I understand that Asian audiences might be attracted by cabaret.

In fact in Chiang Mai, when I went to "New My Way" about 12 years ago it had gogo boys & I offed a fine specimen. Earlier this year, they just had cabaret and nothing else. Before the cabaret starts, the seats were full of Asian customers playing with their phones, waiting for the cabaret to come on 20 minutes later. I did not wait.

However, if Toy Boys removes the attraction of boys in underwear, without adding something else to attract the punters, no one will show up. That seems to be exactly what happened.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:58 am
if Toy Boys removes the attraction of boys in underwear, without adding something else to attract the punters, no one will show up.
I agree. If the goal is to attract Chinese tourists, I wish them luck. No groups of Chinese tourists have appeared in Pattaya yet, so the only substantial customer numbers available at present are the farang expats. I don't know who else would go. If people want to see shirtless Thai guys wearing jeans, no need to spend money in the bars. All anyone needs to do is go to one of the construction sites and they'll see all they want.

I've been saying the same thing for many years and I am still convinced I am right. The bar owners need to provide their customers with what they're looking for, just like any other business. If a restaurant doesn't serve the kind of food I like, I don't go. Same for the bars. If their customer base is farang, then they need to do all they can to figure out what attracts farang. They rarely do. I believe that is the main reason why things were going downhill so rapidly long before anyone even heard of Covid. If there is going to be a resurrection once farang can start going to Thailand again, that is what they need to do. And since their current customer base is primarily farang expats, and there are not all that many, if they want to survive until normal travel becomes the norm again, they better start right now.

As for Toy Boys, if their customers want to see boys in underwear, not jeans, but they don't provide that, then to me the next logical question is why?

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I went to Toyboys regularly, until covid struck in March.

All the boys there then (except the ones stood outside) were in pants.

Then it closed.

Now it’s reopened (sort of) they wear full clothing ...supposedly because the Chinese like it.

Well there aren’t any Chinese, so what’s going on?

Or was it just a “one off” the night the poster looked in?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 am
Well there aren’t any Chinese, so what’s going on?
I wish I knew, but I remember, as I'm sure many people reading this also remember, when the Pattaya go-go bars were in their heyday, most were packed with farang customers - and I don't recall any bars where the boys were wearing jeans. In fact, at many bars what the boys wore were more like g-strings than briefs. I even remember a few go-go bars in Bangkok where the boys wore nothing at all and were fully nude.

Obviously times have changed, but even now I know of no regulations requiring boys to wear jeans instead of briefs. And I would not expect modesty or shyness from boys working in go-go bars. I would be back as a customer in the bars myself if the powers-that-be prudes would let things be as they once were, but I won't be holding my breath for that to ever happen. To tell the truth, the way things currently are, I have about zero interest in the bars at all. I'd rather use the hook-up apps.

So, why is Toy Boys doing it this way? Whatever their reason is, I suppose you would have to ask the management. And if you get a typical bar manager or owner answer, or even an honest answer, I have a feeling the answer, no matter what it is, will easily find a place on my "I Don't Get It" list . . .

Jun

Post by Jun »

I very much doubt there is any law forcing gogo bars to have boys in jeans, rather than underwear or speedos. After all, swimwear is permitted outdoors on the beach, so why have restrictions in an adult only gogo bar ?
Not only that, just head down the road and turn right by the school and you can find girlie bars where they wear shoes and nothing else. So if nudity is permitted there, it should be permitted in Boyztown.

Speculating, having boys in jeans in Toy Boys might mean they haven't paid the BIB as much as requested ? Or perhaps someone misunderstands the market.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 am
swimwear is permitted outdoors on the beach, so why have restrictions in an adult only gogo bar ?
Have I mentioned my "I Don't Get It" list lately . . . ?

Here's the kind of swimwear the prudish powers-that-be just might approve - maybe . . .

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:15 am
Here's the kind of swimwear the prudish powers-that-be just might approve - maybe . . .
Might approve? Should be mandatory for some farangs!

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 am
Should be mandatory for some farangs!
Such as . . . ?

Jun

Post by Jun »

Now that's off topic :o

Here's what I expect the inside of a gogo bar to look like. Whilst I believe this is from across the road at Funny Boys, it's the kind of thing customers are prepared to pay 200 baht or more to see.
G-strings would be better still.