Toyboys

Anything and everything about Thailand
DragonMaster

Toyboys

Post by DragonMaster »

For all you Toyboy fans, they are open again. Pook the manager says they will be open three days a week, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I went by last night, very few boys for now, but at least another choice for Boyztown.

Jun

Re: Toyboys

Post by Jun »

Are the boys back in their traditional white underwear ?

I did read about them wearing trousers. Seeing the lads wearing underwear is the only reason I'm prepared to pay higher than normal prices in gogo bars.

DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

No, the boys are wearing trousers. For now, it’s a moot point what they are wearing if you’re not already in the country. There’s only 3 or 4 boys at the moment, but very few if any customers. On the bright side, at least there’s another business that’s open and hoping customers will come. Many bars have reduced prices here in Pattaya, not so much in Bangkok.

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

One of my favourite bars.

Is Oaf the bartender/cashier there?

DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

Sad news to report. Spoke with Pook again today after seeing Toyboys closed Sunday night. He told me that they had no customers after re-opening, they will remain closed now until December 20th. They are hoping things may improve somewhat by then.

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

DragonMaster wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 pm
He told me that they had no customers after re-opening, they will remain closed now until December 20th. They are hoping things may improve somewhat by then.
Now that rules are being relaxed (I see they have also just binned the requirement for £12800 in a UK bank account) more people will consider going to Thailand. However, it will take them at least a month to start to arrive in Boyztown.

3 weeks for visas and COE plus 16 days quarantine.

Tell Pook (not Putt?) to be patient!

Jun

Post by Jun »

Perhaps I'm not the only customer who expects gogo boys to follow a suitable (un)dress code before paying 200~250 baht for a drink ?

SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm
Perhaps I'm not the only customer who expects gogo boys to follow a suitable (un)dress code before paying 200~250 baht for a drink ?
No you're not the only one. And that's why Toyboys had to close again.

catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Toy Boys had a large Chinese male and female following. The original owner spoke Mandarin and was Taiwanese. He catered to
his Chinese customers preferences which were lighter whiter skin color and few or no tattoos. Of course many older farangs tastes overlapped.
Some older farangs complained about the Asian women who also patronized Boyzboyzboyz. I often countered their
objections by informing them these are boy bars not gay bars. Without the Chinese tourists Boyztown is hurting badly.
Toy Boys cannot survive without the Chinese and other Asian tourists and Boyzboyzboyz is hanging on with weekend Thai men
and ladies..The day of the older farangs in Boyztown has faded, even before COVID-19..

Jun

Post by Jun »

catawampuscat wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am
Toy Boys cannot survive without the Chinese and other Asian tourists and Boyzboyzboyz is hanging on with weekend Thai men
and ladies..The day of the older farangs in Boyztown has faded, even before COVID-19.
Bars certainly have to adapt, but do the Chinese and Asian tourists really prefer to see the boys on stage in trousers ?
Where's the entertainment in that, since all they do is stand there ?

I would guess that the individual Asian males who come in and off lads are certainly perfectly happy seeing them in underwear and likely to think the less clothing, the better, rather like I do.
I can't see any immediate reason why the Asian groups, including females would object to underwear or swimming trunks. After all, it's roughly the same as what's worn in public on the beach.